[2.1]Poison Bladefall Hybrid Dual-Curse *Updated* (HC viable)

UPDATE 2.1 *New*

DISCUSSION ABOUT THE NEW POISON BLADEFALL BUILD STARTS WITH MY POST ON PAGE 15.

Hey guys, OP here. Sorry for being MIA, I took quite a long break from POE and just came back for new leagues. I've been searching for a new OP build rather than trying to make this one work again... for a couple of reasons:

-Blood dance regen got nerfed
-Blood dance is also expensive now, almost 1ex for the cheapest when I was getting them for 4-5c last league
-There are a lot of new mechanics added into the game game such as blasphemy and poison which I wanted to utilize

To transition from that... I have found a really good build that I am breezing through content with. I might make a new thread but for now here is the short rundown of it. First I want to give credit to Etup's hybrid EK build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1314433) and wutlatte's poison bladefall build (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1526164). I used these 2 great builds as the foundation for coming up with something that I think is very powerful, and most importantly... VERY CHEAP.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcEswW1BnAHHgj0DkgRLxFQEZYV7Ra_GGoi9CaVKwoy0TW5Nj06WDwFPV9FR0WdSVFJsUyzTm1On1JTU1JUvVVLVcZYB1xAXGtd8l9qYeJirGpDaoxsC2yMbRl1_Xgven985X_Gg9uESIRvj0aP-pMnlS6Wi5eVl_Sa4JuhnDKdqqIAotmlxKcIpyusmLDYtMW1SLzqwFTAZsLsw23IFNDQ1ELVudfP62Pr7uwY74jwH_DV9W_31_k3

Gear

Stats

-3.9k hp and 3.4k ES with the ming's heart
-4 endurance charges with 100% uptime
-perma slow on enemies with temp chains blasphemy
-17k bladefall dps (the hidden dps of poison is not reflected in that number)
-25% chaos resistance, this is HUGE because chaos damage is the biggest downfall of hybrid and this is why I think Ming's is very valuable (and it's also like 3c!)

I don't want to write a lot here, but as you can see it is a hybrid poison bladefall build. We reserve 70% of mana with blasphemy- temp chains (very powerful) and warlord's mark (always have 4 end charges and sustain leech for both life/mana). I tried to go crit but it's not worth it, the build already kills every rare in 1 or 2 casts. I am only lvl 72 so this is still very much in progress.

I will try to get a video up and maybe make a new thread.

Bandits: Oak, Oak (Alira/Kill viable), Oak

2.1 Hybrid Poison Bladefall Videos
Lvl 77- Quickly running to kill piety in Temple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eXIDMoqieE&feature=youtu.be

Lvl 78- Doing a 75 Orchard + Boss Kill
https://youtu.be/HVsoU9oif94

Lvl 81- Killing Terrace Boss with 2 rare Devourers in the room
https://youtu.be/nybLl1e2y28

Archived 2.0 Crit EK Build *Old*

Hello everybody, I'm a lvl 90 shadow playing Crit EK in tempest. I am really enjoying this build and would like to share with you guys the success I have had. It's occured to me that EK is being a little slept on since receiving the crit buff (5% to 6%) which I think is a massive, massive buff to an already strong spell. This, combined with the very recent removal of thornflesh made me think this was the right time to make this build more known.

Let's just dive right in and I'll try to explain the best I can.

DPS + Video

Keep in mind I'm still using a lvl 19 Ethereal Knives.
DPS only /w Auras

Upgraded Gear- 84k DPS

Upgraded Gems + LVL 20 EK- 107k DPS

The Build Enablers

With the changes to EB as of 2.0, these boots received a tremendous buff due to their synergy with the new Eldritch Battery and Zealot's Oath + Mind Over Matter.

To explain this interaction very simply, when we have frenzy charges up (and assuming the aforementioned keystones are allocated) we regenerate our ES per second instead of life per second. This removes mana from the equation (because we reserve it all, and use ES as our resource), gives us peace of mind to cast our EK freely and gives us a damage buffer with MOM.

+1 frenzy charge on these is an end-game luxury.

Rest of the Gear

Gear explanation
Weapon- Very simple, we want to the most crit available and therefore dagger is the #1 choice. It also gives us the very important ability to use whirling blades, which linked with FA + fortify gives us supreme mobility and some defense. A good crit wand with Proj speed or massive spell damage/crit multi would be okay, but always 2nd fiddle to a dagger.

Helm- Need high ES, at least 220+, high life and double/triple resists.

Shield- You want high life, good ES (at least 200), good resists. Everything else is gravy. Look for hybrid shields as they have nice implicit resists if you are lacking.

Chest- I used a normal tabula until around 82 then upgrade to a +1. I have an obsession with using tabula in HC. My thinking is that sacrificing the stats from a chest for the free 6-link and making up stats on your other gear is perfectly viable. Any 5-link chest, or 6L corrupted is perfectly fine and pretty cheap now on poe.trade because of corrupting tempest.

Gloves- Not much to say, you want hybrid armor/ES so you can get the red sockets. Red sockets are hard to come by on our other gear.

Rings- Start with life + resists rings, doesn't have to be diamond. Once you start getting into maps you can upgrade to diamond rings for the crit chance. You want life, resists and ES. Everything else is gravy that you can upgrade later on.

Amulet- This should be a major DPS piece, we are looking for Crit multi and crit chance with almost no expections. On top of this life is always necessary. Everything else like cast speed, spell dmg, RES and rarity can be upgraded to later on. The best way to buy an amulet is to buy something with an open suffix and craft crit yourself.

Belt- Life, Res, ES.

Defenses

Arctic Armour- good mitigation when we want to stand our ground and man-fight, the chilled ground is also very nice as you will slow a lot of enemies while repositioning allowing you to quickly distance yourself from sticky situations.

Whirling blades + Fortify- this is the godliest movement speed bar none this patch, especially in tempest league where quick movement to reach/avoid tempests is necessary. It is also my primary way of dodging attacks, kiting bosses/exiles and maneuvering around, I just can't imagine playing without it. Plust it reminds me of the golden days of spectral throw.

Flasks- The catalysed eternal is a life-saver against degen. Hit topaz whenever you see ele reflect. Proper flask usage will ensure you stay alive. If you are fighting a big pack, always hit your granites pre-emptively, you will get full charges back. Roll surgeons as soon as you can, pretty basic stuff.

Mind over Matter- It's a very nice buffer for our HP pool and gives us valuable EHP to deal with high damage. The synergy with Blood Dance and Zealot's Oath means we are always regening our ES as long as we have frenzy charges up. Large hits can still go through our full ES pool but luckily this segways into the next point...

Enduring Cry + CWDT set-up- It's the standard cwdt set-up with room to replace molten shell if you want something else in there (I've been thinking to try Arctic Breath). One important thing I have to say is, when you cast Enduring Cry you get a short burst of ES regen, this can actually be a life-saver when you are in dodgy situations with low ES because you have sustained a lot of damage. [See Gem Links section]

Chaos Golem + Fire Totem, really great utility from having other targets to distract bosses/exiles while you sit back and demolish them from range. I think it's very underrated aspect to have meatshields which can absorb enemy damage, you will feel a lot of relief when your golem gets flicker strike'd 3 times and discharged on instead of you, chaos golem is the perfect tank buddy for this build. A very nice bonus of the flame totem is rarity culling. [Optional]

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAx4EBwSzBUIGIwceDkgRLRGWFm8Wvxo4Gmwc3B0UH0EkqiaVJy8qCyycLR82PTbpOlg62EGWRZ1JUUmxTLNTUlVLVYVVxl3yYeJirGSdZlRo8mpDaoxrF2yMbWxwUnDVfIN_xoIegpuD24UyhXuJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlSCVLpo7muCdqp2uoS-iAKKjotmly6cIrrOw2LVItvq5k7zqvorAVMBmwfPIFNAf0PXVptfP2wvhc-Nq5CLr7uv17DjtPO-I7-vwH_DV8h3z6vVv96b3wfk3?accountName=D_nasty&characterName=ThisIsRealLife

Lvling Tree + Tips

You can take the jewel nodes whenever you find/buy a jewel worth using (2 very good stats or 3 decent ones).

28pts- Getting all the life, Skipping Crit, Respec Later

56pts- Taking all the life still, Going to Templar Area, Setting ourselves up to take all the crit later but skipping it for now

73pts- A lot of people ask me when to take EB/ZO, and this is that point. If your gear has enough ES, you can grab EB/ZO with the next 3 points.

110 points- This is my current tree at lvl 89. You can see how I cleaned up the pathing with respec points, went for all the crit nodes, all the jewel nodes, frenzy charge, took every life node etc.

Item/Skill Progression
Grab yourself a lifesprig and a +1 fire gems wand to start with. Put EK (I used EK - Faster Casting- Added Lightning for a long time) in lifesprig and Flame totem in the other. Flame totem can carry you to maps in a 3-4link (Flame Totem-Faster Casting- Faster Projectiles- (Added Lightning or Fire Pen)

Grab a reverberation wand and throw your EK in there when you can. You should start using Hatred and Herald of Ash or Herald of Ice when you can. Sustain mana with mana potions (I really reccomend rolling a mana flask with REDUCED RECOVERY SPEED) and the Elreon rings with -5 to -8 mana for skills (these are almost necessary if you want to level with EK)

When you get a 5L, throw in Spell Echo- Faster Casting- Faster Proj- Added Fire- EK.
Use the 4L flame totem until maps, set it down in front of you and kill the monsters who try to attack it, both your and the totem's dmg combined will be enough to run through content very fast.

Switch to EB at around 60-65 (or when you have a decent amount of ES, you will most likely need to upgrade several pieces of gear to have ES) and you will never have mana problems again.

Gem Links

EK 5L Ethereal Knives- Spell Echo- Faster Casting- Faster Proj- Added Fire
EK 6L Phys to Light or Empower lvl 3

Curse on Hit Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit- Assassin's Mark

CWDT 4L CWDT- Inc Duration- Immortal Call- Temporal Chains [Options: Enfeeble, Molten Shell, Arctic Breath- test and see what you like]

Mobility 3L Whirling Blades- Faster Attacks- Fortify

Remaining Necessary Gems Arctic Armor, Enduring Cry
Optional Chaos Golem, Flame Totem, Self-Cast Curse for bosses, Vaal Skill (Vaal Grace/Haste/Discipline etc)

Take a look at my gear to see how I organized my gems, there is a lot of room for you to customize and implement whatever utility gems you prefer.

Bandits

Normal: Oak

Cruel: Alira/Oak/Skillpoint (I think all are viable, I took alria cast speed on one playthrough and skillpoint on my current character)

Merc: Kraytin (or Alira), I recommend frenzy charge as it has good synergy with our EB/ZO, provides ur with 4% MORE dmg and is much more reliable than power charges)

Changelog v1.3

1.3 (Aug 10/15) - added lvling tree, completed links section, cleaned up
1.2 (Aug 06/15) - added and cleaned up the defense section
1.1 (Aug 02/15) - added bandits, video and new dps pic with charges
1.0 - guide started

Thanks for reading, feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best.

Last edited by D_nasty on Dec 30, 2015, 6:13:54 PM
What are your bandit choises? I would guess Oak, skill point, frenzy charge.

It would be nice to see your defensive stats.
Last edited by warbe310 on Aug 2, 2015, 4:26:29 AM
"
warbe310 wrote:
What are your bandit choises? I would guess Oak, skill point, frenzy charge.

It would be nice to see your defensive stats.

Thanks for your question, I knew I forgot something.

I added both these sections to the guide.
Last edited by D_nasty on Aug 6, 2015, 12:37:59 AM
Looks solid
Last edited by Jonta on Aug 2, 2015, 4:04:38 PM
Witchstart instead of shadow?
Spelldamage instead of physical (which should scale better). The only tradeoff being even less dex than you already have.
wearing a 6L Soul Mantle is a good idea ?
what do you think about using Clear Mind jewel?
How is regular reflect in 73+ maps (not the map mod)? Have you taken this to high maps yet? I just ripped on my phys wander and I was considering doing something different. I havent used EK in forever, and crit was always a deathsentence in HC leagues with it.
Where are you getting frenzy charges from tho and power chargers? wat skill is getting them or somee node than im obviously missing here for some reason?
"
Mohos wrote:
Where are you getting frenzy charges from tho and power chargers? wat skill is getting them or somee node than im obviously missing here for some reason?

Blood Dance Boots give chance for frenzy charge on kill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info