Cleave

"
vargorn wrote:

Therefore i would suggest two changes to the current skill:
1. increase the base AoE radius by 2-4 units or give it an increase from leveling/quality
2. give better visual feedback of the actual range
Last edited by Tino_TheInvisibleMan on Feb 2, 2016, 10:52:02 AM
Hey GGG, i have been playing with cleave since open beta. It was fine then, but after introducing skills like ice crash and earthquake it just doesn't feel good to play with it anymore. Again, this league i leveled a char destined to use cleave, was lucky enough to get a 17% quality cleave gem, but when i switched into it, the 0% sunder was still better at clearing packs than cleave.

Granted Sunder has a lower dps output for single targets, but for them i just use a vaal double strike and call it a day.

From my understanding Cleave tries to be something in between a single target and an aoe skill but fails miserably in both aspects. I think Cleave should be for aoe clearing. Give it a massive aoe boost and reduce its damage very slightly. Only then would i see myself using it again.

Edit: You can even buff it with a threshold jewel.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Mar 29, 2016, 11:36:38 AM
Uhm, now that we have lacerate, is it time to update cleave's interaction so that you can use it with your main hand weapon even if you wield weapons that don't work with it like daggers and maces in offhand?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jun 17, 2016, 8:51:14 AM
I would like to suggest for this skill to have it's sideway slash animation reversed, I.E instead of our character swinging his weapon from the right to the left, your character would swing from left to right, like as if he is unsheating his weapon.

I think that it would make Cleave to look more badass and it would make the swinging animation actually look like a powteful sideway strike.
Last feedback from me on this skill. I consider it dead when comparing to new ones.

I went from a 4l sunder and a ~300dps axe to a 5l ~430dps doomsower for cleave (so it gets +15%aoe +10%added fire dmg) and my clearing speed went down considerably. Please note that i also have the templar nodes for +15% aoe. Sunder on a 300dps weapon cleared 68 lvl packs from range easily. Cleave can't even hit half the pack even when being as close as possible without being inside of it. It also seems to need more hits to do the same amount of damage.

Suggestion: Have cleave suck mobs towards you, so that you don't have to hit twice on a multistrike to clear a white pack. A reverse knockback won't do as with its limited range it won't have any effect. It literally needs to suck the monsters you don't hit towards your position like Vaal cyclone.

The setups used were Sunder - added fire - melee phys - fortify and for cleave - faster attacks - multistrike - fortify - melee phys damage.

Last edited by Pyrokar on Sep 16, 2016, 3:04:15 AM
Hello.

I've been playing Cleave for about 3+ years now.

1. Make me see actual range of this skill.
2. Add some more aoe, for example +0.5% per 1% quality (do not remove quality attack speed)
3. Add some cool cosmetic effects for cleave, cause what you got right now for cleave in store is pure shit, trust me.
I've read that the dual wield damage penalty on Cleave is additive. Does this effectively mean that Cleave has something like "40% reduced Damage while Dual Wielding"? Or is it a Less modifier; or is the damage penalty only for attack damage?
For thy actions, thou shall be cursed, and thy stash tabs shall be forever tangled and
beyond comprehension
The dual wield damage penalty on cleave used to be additive long ago,

now it is effectively a multiplier

ie compared to using one weapon and getting 100% damage,
with dual wielding two of the exact same weapon (and ignoring all dual wield bonuses), you will deal 120% damage.
Does "Deals 60% Damage from each Weapon combined" mean swinging two weapons results in one big hit instead of two smaller hits? This would make a big difference when applying bleeding or ignite.

I apologise if this has been answered somewhere in the last 37 pages.
yes, combined means that it does 1 big hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info