Cleave

ground slam is much safer than cleave. (not talking about st which is the most overpowered skill ingame)
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Hopefully it will be adjusted with the patch.
ign:SerCleavy
How do we fix cleave?

Currently its only upside is that it has lower desync chance than ground slam, thats its only redeaming quality.
"
Zvim wrote:
Would it be possible to make Cleave work with Claws?

Reave is too slow for party groups, by the time I swing enough to get the range up everything is dead.

I'd use Cyclone but that desyncs me, a lot.

Cleave really doesn't do a spectacular amount of damage, but it is a pretty effective trash killer and works well with groups.

Don't make me ST claws, it looks stupid, not sure why that ability is so universally flexible and most others are heavily restrictive.
Multistrike+Increased AoE, Reave is now max size in two swings.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
I tried to create a 2h Sword character which relies on Cleave as my main AoE skill, after reaching lvl 20 though, I switched to Infernal Blow + Melee Splash because it's

1) damage-wise much better and more effective (higher speed clear time)

2) WAAAAAAAYYYY more satisfying than Cleave (the sound + visual effect is incredible and you really feel the effect of the skill)

What Cleave needs is a visual and DEFINITELY an audio overhaul and some gameplay changes like increasing the range even further with two hand melee weapons so that it becomes as useful as melee splash skill gems combinations.

You could give this skill the ability to make enemies bleed if you crit them. Would certainly be interesting idea to play with.

My little tribute to Diablo 1 aka why Diablo 3 is the worst part of the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2ejhudUlU

ig: Witchfire_The_Unholy
70% of weapon damage (60% for DW)
Applies 10% of weapon damage per second for 3 seconds as physical. Stacks 4 times.

Somewhere between punture and viper strike.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Just wanted post some feedback even with the 10% dmg buff , i just dont see myself using it over reave , which is sad . cause i really dislike reave and would prefer to use cleave but sadly its 2k dps loss . even than im using cleave just becouse i like the skill better

My suggestion is to lower reave dmg , its just bullshit to have 100% dmg on a single AoE skill when every other melee AoE suffers a penalty , and reave has the highest possible AoE reach of all melee skills , so why the hell should it be 100% and cheaper on mana than other skills .

The situtation is so bad , that you can buy a Cleave quality 16% for 1 chaos ..... there is no demand for this skill , thank you for 10% buff but it should've been 10% more i think , and possibly 10% on dual wield , so people woudnt just use melee splash dual strike that also has better range cause it hits all monsters around you

shoudnt skills have pro's and con's ? with reave and cleave its like there are only pro's with reave (higher aoe , higher dmg , lower mana cost)

cleave pro's if any it looks cooler :D
IGN WitchesOPnow
Last edited by Serioslywhatever on Apr 8, 2014, 4:30:27 AM
I agree.
The 10% buff is very welcome. But i'm pretty dissapointed that dual wield didn't get the 10% buff too.

There is no reason for a dual wield char to use this skill until you get much more damage with dual strike an melee splash.

The "face slapping claw" :P of the alternate effect looks pretty cool but will not help you to kill monsters faster =/

So a buff similar to the non dual wield buff will be very welcome.
"
nibbler_o wrote:
The 10% buff is very welcome. But i'm pretty dissapointed that dual wield didn't get the 10% buff too.

Dual-wield does benefit.
At the moment I still see "deals 60% of damage from each weapon combined"....it's like before...meanwhile the single weapon has "deals 80% of damage" which is the 10% buff...

Or will I need new glasses?? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info