Blood Rage

"
Vipermagi wrote:
But it is Physical Damage over Time, and just like Bleed, it cannot be Converted to other Damage types. Neither can Ignite be Converted, nor Burning Ground.
How is it misleading if it describes precisely what it is.

Are Ignite and Burning Ground not mitigated by fire resistance?

The misleading part is that it is stated as physical, but not mitigated by standard physical damage protection. Converting something has not anything to do with it. If it is supposed to be unmitigated damage then it should be moved to some other type of damage that is "pure".
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 30, 2015, 10:01:19 AM
Do Ignite and Burning Ground trigger Fire Pen?

Is Damage over Time mitigated by Reduced Damage Taken from Hits?

It's not unmitigated Damage over Time, as I already stated before. It's Physical Damage over Time. If you have Endurance Charges, you take less Damage, because Endurance Charges grant generic Physical Damage Reduction. Armour's effectiveness is based on the amount of Damage you take, which requires a value that Damage over Time does not provide (namely, Damage) - as such Armour does not apply to Bleed. Oh, and that goes for Blood Rage too I suppose. Arctic Armour and Fort explicitly only apply to Hits, which never includes Damage over Time because DoTs do not Hit.

Damage over Time, such as that found on Blood Rage, ignore modifiers that do not apply to Damage over Time. This is nothing new, and Blood Rage isn't any different from other Damage over Time sources. Either all Damage over Time is entirely misleading, or Blood Rage is not.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 30, 2015, 10:20:53 AM
OK, all damage over time is misleading. There is no need for it to be unmitigated when we already take a shit ton from any damage source. Physical is bad enough, chaos damage is bad enough, elemental damage added on to physical attacks is bad enough. Having unmitigated degen damage is unnecessary icing on a already nasty fuckfest of damage we take.
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Jul 30, 2015, 10:35:11 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Do Ignite and Burning Ground trigger Fire Pen?

Is Damage over Time mitigated by Reduced Damage Taken from Hits?

It's not unmitigated Damage over Time, as I already stated before. It's Physical Damage over Time. If you have Endurance Charges, you take less Damage, because Endurance Charges grant generic Physical Damage Reduction. Armour's effectiveness is based on the amount of Damage you take, which requires a value that Damage over Time does not provide (namely, Damage) - as such Armour does not apply to Bleed. Oh, and that goes for Blood Rage too I suppose. Arctic Armour and Fort explicitly only apply to Hits, which never includes Damage over Time because DoTs do not Hit.

Damage over Time, such as that found on Blood Rage, ignore modifiers that do not apply to Damage over Time. This is nothing new, and Blood Rage isn't any different from other Damage over Time sources. Either all Damage over Time is entirely misleading, or Blood Rage is not.

Most of the problem is that Armor only lists "Estimated Physical Damage Reduction". Nowhere in-game can you find out that Armor only applies to "hits" as opposed to the elemental resistances that apply "generic" damage reduction vs Righteous Fire/old Blood Rage/etc. While you and I have been to the wiki page, most people don't go and read it, at least for something as simple as "armor". At best the skill description is unintuitive, and at worst extremely misleading to a majority of the player-base.

Back to my original feedback/reason for posting: It's not just CI that Bloodrage has become terrible for. In life builds I'm finding that if your life is too high, the largely unmitigated damage (the potential mitigation from C Golem/Endurance charges is very small) then the degeneration outstrips the life-steal it gives you. If your life is too low, you get capped out on life steal too easily and may as well just not run BR. You could take Vaal Pact, but then you lose out on any life regen to offset the damage. That leaves a very small window of characters with a) sufficient % life regen which they're taking just to balance out the skill or b) characters with a life total in just the right window to use the skill.

Why go through all the trouble when you can just use a frenzy attack once every 10 seconds AND get frenzy charges against solo targets that way. Blood rage has kind of lost its place and is on the street corner right now with Fireball begging for attention.
Another update out but blood Rage still broken
Atleast please give us a possibility mitigate the ES damage
any plan to revert the % es degen yet? CI builds are pigeonholed into totem and summoner builds in awakening, this is not what PoE is about, being forced to take certain build routes.
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.
"
abcnever wrote:
any plan to revert the % es degen yet? CI builds are pigeonholed into totem and summoner builds in awakening, this is not what PoE is about, being forced to take certain build routes.

I'm planning on making a more comprehensive feedback thread about CI as a whole, but I agree with the above a lot.

Personally, I think reverting the damage type of the skill to chaos while leaving the current scaling mechanics would make the skill:
1. Usable and synergystic with CI again.

2. Not a 'free' buff for life based characters anymore (it's very easy to just slap it onto a life based char with some regen; this would make it take a little more thought and planning).

3. Prevent 'abuse' by low life characters (though we all know the low life attack speed buff was what made that insane the most).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
Personally, I think reverting the damage type of the skill to chaos while leaving the current scaling mechanics would make the skill:
1. Usable and synergystic with CI again.
2. Not a 'free' buff for life based characters anymore (it's very easy to just slap it onto a life based char with some regen; this would make it take a little more thought and planning).

So what you're saying is, GGG should just go back on their design goal to make it synergise with the part of the skill tree it was designed for (Attacks, Leech, Regen), and instead push it back to the ass-end of the tree that has nothing to do with Leech and very little with Attacks.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

So what you're saying is, GGG should just go back on their design goal to make it synergise with the part of the skill tree it was designed for (Attacks, Leech, Regen), and instead push it back to the ass-end of the tree that has nothing to do with Leech and very little with Attacks.

It would still synergize with attacks, life, and regen; but it wouldn't be used on every life character anymore.

But Shadow does have a lot to do with attacks and has a few life and mana leech nodes.

Sounds like you were 100% all for the change, but I've never known you to rage much on threads.
I guess you really don't like CI or something ;)
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
It would still synergize with attacks, life, and regen; but it wouldn't be used on every life character anymore.
It's not used on every life character now. It was used on every CI character before (or at least, any CI character not using it was playing suboptimally intentionally).

Regardless of how small you believe the hoops a life build has to jump through to support it now, it's larger than "absolutely nothing" which is what any CI build had to do to completely negate the drawback. Life builds do have to build around the drawback, and not every life build can do it trivially, as you imply.

There are life builds now for which blood rage isn't optimal, because of the changes they'd have to make to ensure they could out-recover it all the time. Thus we have life builds with and without blood rage.
That was not the case for CI builds when the degen was chaos. The current situation is manifestly better for build diversity, because even if too many life builds can use it trivially (which may or may not be the case), this is a lesser number than the number of CI builds who could use the chaos damage version completely freely.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 7, 2015, 11:06:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info