[2.0.1][Tempest] Bloody Explosive Arrow Build (271% Life + 12.3% Life Regen)

"
Atlantae wrote:
I've started a character using this guide in Tempest, and I've come to a crossroads: Do I go about things your way, using life regen to sustain my health, or do I instead spend the next 11 levels heading towards Vaal Pact, like both Ziggy and Raiz did? Honestly, I have no intention of suffering another disappointing RIP if I can help it. Can you explain exactly why you didn't head towards Vaal Pact and the Shadow tree? Forgive me if you did address this question already, I'm just kinda confused and very worried about losing another character.

I'm not a huge fan of losing life regen (12.3% is fucking huge @ 1100 a second ), especially with DEGEN from chaos. On my other character, i had a chance to go zealot's oath. I chose to max chaos res and left my regen (only like 150 a sec). With those two, degen / chaos damage does almost nothing to me. I can stand on desecrated ground and it has no impact. I can't tell you how nice that is. Not to mention, 12.3% coupled with life on hit / leech should be even more sustainable.
"
kallell wrote:
"
Atlantae wrote:
I've started a character using this guide in Tempest, and I've come to a crossroads: Do I go about things your way, using life regen to sustain my health, or do I instead spend the next 11 levels heading towards Vaal Pact, like both Ziggy and Raiz did? Honestly, I have no intention of suffering another disappointing RIP if I can help it. Can you explain exactly why you didn't head towards Vaal Pact and the Shadow tree? Forgive me if you did address this question already, I'm just kinda confused and very worried about losing another character.

I'm not a huge fan of losing life regen (12.3% is fucking huge @ 1100 a second ), especially with DEGEN from chaos. On my other character, i had a chance to go zealot's oath. I chose to max chaos res and left my regen (only like 150 a sec). With those two, degen / chaos damage does almost nothing to me. I can stand on desecrated ground and it has no impact. I can't tell you how nice that is. Not to mention, 12.3% coupled with life on hit / leech should be even more sustainable.

Thanks for an explanation! I've also been wondering about what people have been doing to level until they reach the Blood Magic keystone. I've been using Flame totem and Elreon jewelery, and it's not the fastest way to to play, but it works. What have the rest of you been using to level?
gimme money bitch
"
Atlantae wrote:
"
kallell wrote:
"
Atlantae wrote:

Thanks for an explanation! I've also been wondering about what people have been doing to level until they reach the Blood Magic keystone. I've been using Flame totem and Elreon jewelery, and it's not the fastest way to to play, but it works. What have the rest of you been using to level?

Flame totem + faster cast + fire pen in a +1 fire skills weapon. Coupled with that I have been using flame blast + fire pen + faster cast as well. That should be sufficient enough until 50 ish (or 38 if you really want ).
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just made the switch to arrows at level 38 and I expected the explosive arrows to do at least a little bit of damage. I'm barely tickling enemies Where does all the damage come from exactly? This is the arrow set up I'm using.

"
toastmanpat wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I just made the switch to arrows at level 38 and I expected the explosive arrows to do at least a little bit of damage. I'm barely tickling enemies Where does all the damage come from exactly? This is the arrow set up I'm using.

I didn't switch to EA around level 50-60 ish, why? EA scales ridiculously well with gem level, you also are missing a lot of nodes in the tree that increase the damage of EA.
Where art thou senpai pictures?
"
TheDruid wrote:
Where art thou senpai pictures?

Notice me on stream until then :^)

Edit: Finally added a video. Super casual.
Last edited by xSigma on Aug 7, 2015, 6:01:44 AM
hey why are you taking the retribution node and the next melee dmg one?
"
toastmanpat wrote:

Your EA isn't levelled up. I kept EA and Fire Penetration in a weapon switch as soon as I reached the appropriate levels where you can equip them so they ended up doing just fine when I switched to EA 4L setup.

Not gonna lie, single target sucks balls early on though. Even with a different EA setup just for single target. It gets better though.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Aug 7, 2015, 8:03:35 AM
"
xSigma wrote:
"
toastmanpat wrote:

I didn't switch to EA around level 50-60 ish, why? EA scales ridiculously well with gem level, you also are missing a lot of nodes in the tree that increase the damage of EA.

This is very true. With that said though, you can still make it work at 38 (i did anyway). I did ledge + chamber of sins in cruel. Ledge due to low hp skellies and sins because of walls + slow moving zombies. It got me to 45 or so pretty quick which at that point had my gem at a decent level.

And again, single target STILL is a bit rough. Both have been in a 4L.

The only thing i notice is you can't fire off too many arrows. Unless you have a wall, there is a cap on how many arrows a mob can have, which you can cancel out if you fire too many. I've especially noticed this in single target - launch a barrage of arrows only to have a couple go off ONLY AFTER i start attacking. Not sure if it's a bug or intended, either way it's annoying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info