A Sneak Peek of the 2.0.1 Content Update!

I really don't understand the complaining about maps. I could understand it at first, but as I've progressed in the current league I'm finding that I've got plenty of maps. Hell, I sold over 100 73-75 maps yesterday.

This isn't like the old times of chaining blue packsize 78 maps, no. But it is instead the league of chisel/alch a map and run it, you're pretty much set. I've got a fallback base of thirty-seven 76 maps, which I haven't had to dip into in days. Chaining 77-79 maps in the current league versus chaining 78 maps in the old leagues? Honestly, it's not that bad - hell, you even get the occasional 80/81/82 map for some bonus XP.

Relax people.. Yes, you need to do harder maps. It's not the times of running an Abyssus with every melee build, and calling 4,000HP 'a lot'. But the maps aren't that much different, everything accounted for. And I understand that at the end of the day, it's literally all RNG-gated. I could lose all of my maps and I could lose my pool of 76 maps and I could have to fall back to 72 maps and eventually to 68 maps, it's possible. But the likelyhood of that happening? Let's be real now. And even if it did, you can always dip into other peoples RNG, and pay a few chaos per 75 map. Oh but right, currency drops are RNG gated as well. Got 'em, coach.

Edit: Since this post, I've burned about 10 78 maps and received one 77 map. I guess I jynxed myself, RIP.
Last edited by Ismaell on Jul 30, 2015, 11:57:43 AM
Nice!
Rampage Rank 7 lv 100 BONJWA_TOP_DAWG
Talisman SC Rank 7 Lv 100 LaBonjwa_Neymar
"
Ismaell wrote:
I really don't understand the complaining about maps. I could understand it at first, but as I've progressed in the current league I'm finding that I've got plenty of maps. Hell, I sold over 100 73-75 maps yesterday.

This isn't like the old times of chaining blue packsize 78 maps, no. But it is instead the league of chisel/alch a map and run it, you're pretty much set. I've got a fallback base of thirty-seven 76 maps, which I haven't had to dip into in days. Chaining 77-79 maps in the current league versus chaining 78 maps in the old leagues? Honestly, it's not that bad - hell, you even get the occasional 80/81/82 map for some bonus XP.

Relax people.. Yes, you need to do harder maps. It's not the times of running an Abyssus with every melee build, and calling 4,000HP 'a lot'. But the maps aren't that much different, everything accounted for. And I understand that at the end of the day, it's literally all RNG-gated. I could lose all of my maps and I could lose my pool of 76 maps and I could have to fall back to 72 maps and eventually to 68 maps, it's possible. But the likelyhood of that happening? Let's be real now. And even if it did, you can always dip into other peoples RNG, and pay a few chaos per 75 map. Oh but right, currency drops are RNG gated as well. Got 'em, coach.

I'm chisel-alcing all maps from 73-74. I occasionally find a 77 map and go back to 76s again. Now I'm vaaling all maps above 75 hoping to break through 77 cap. It's very disappointing to find 69 map from 76 boss. I think there should be lower limit for map drops like 5 levels below the map level or something.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
Last edited by Entropher on Jul 30, 2015, 3:28:02 AM
What the, you released the challenge leagues, in an uncompletable state? Do you realize that's absurd?

I understand the reason (you posted a release date you wanted to stick to at any cost), but it's a horrible precedent.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Are those new alt art void batteries ? They definetely looks like void batteries with those hands holding some shiny orange balls :P
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Is there any way to get high res versions of these images up on the Wallpapers? =D
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Fix Lightning Warp and Less Duraton already.
Path of Exalteds. There is only farm.
The pictures are SICK! Very, very like it! How about to make some "screenshot battle" event? I think this would be interesting for players in addition to video capturing event. Because you guys just made awesome ones! Really like it, because this is not just screenshot, this is ART as it is!
"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
Are those new alt art void batteries ? They definetely looks like void batteries with those hands holding some shiny orange balls :P

It's eagle claw wand MTX.
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/weapon-effects#microtransaction-EagleOrbWand
Last edited by Langhun on Jul 30, 2015, 5:10:02 AM
Amazing! ty :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info