[2.0] Oro's Sacrifice Frenzied Frost Blades (feat. 10 Frenzy Charges)

I have a real hard time understanding elemental damage in this game so I have a few questions.

1. Oro's is all fire damage and you get increased fire damage yet frost blades is phys/cold. How does frost blades produce fire damage I suppose is my question.

2. How do you think The Three Dragons helm would fair? I use it for a flame totem build (fast fire attacks) and the shock damage seems to be much better than burning. I feel if you are doing a ton of fast fire damage that The Three Dragons might have some value in this build.

Thanks. Just ripped so giving this build a shot =p
"
I have a real hard time understanding elemental damage in this game so I have a few questions.

1. Oro's is all fire damage and you get increased fire damage yet frost blades is phys/cold. How does frost blades produce fire damage I suppose is my question.

2. How do you think The Three Dragons helm would fair? I use it for a flame totem build (fast fire attacks) and the shock damage seems to be much better than burning. I feel if you are doing a ton of fast fire damage that The Three Dragons might have some value in this build.

Thanks. Just ripped so giving this build a shot =p

1. FB converts a portion of any physical dmg to cold. Any other elemental damge is just not converted but still hits. I.E. Oro's does no physical damage...all that means is you are not converting anything to cold. The massive fire damage Oro's has still hits as fire.

2. A big part of Oro's is frenzy charge gained on ignite. IIR 3 dragons will remove that, leaving no way for the build to generate frenzy charges.
Sorry for my bad english :D i saw that you picked up like 8 two handed phys dmg nodes with attack speed in duelist area. this build is pure ele dmg and oro's has no phys at all, maybe its better to swap thous nodes to pure attack speed nodes or projectile damage nodes?? around duelist or ranger/shadow areas?
Great build and guide! I run a similar variant on Tempest with Spectral Throw. Have you considered using Surgebinders? With 10 frenzy charges you will get 70% increased elemental damage! My build is slightly different, I run MoM and took the Ranger/Duelist mana nodes so I have no mana problems. However, by looking at your build I see several ways in which I can improve mine!

"
Roberto555 wrote:
Sorry for my bad english :D i saw that you picked up like 8 two handed phys dmg nodes with attack speed in duelist area. this build is pure ele dmg and oro's has no phys at all, maybe its better to swap thous nodes to pure attack speed nodes or projectile damage nodes?? around duelist or ranger/shadow areas?

He is converting all the % phys dmg in that area to % fire dmg using the Fireborn jewel. Check it out on the poewiki, it's a great Jewel!
Last edited by RePoE_Man on Aug 17, 2015, 11:53:38 PM
The build just made it onto the front page build guide thread! I'm absolutely thrilled that I made it on there & thank you to everyone who has checked out/commented on the thread to get it noticed!

"
RePoE_Man wrote:
Great build and guide! I run a similar variant on Tempest with Spectral Throw. Have you considered using Surgebinders? With 10 frenzy charges you will get 70% increased elemental damage! My build is slightly different, I run MoM and took the Ranger/Duelist mana nodes so I have no mana problems. However, by looking at your build I see several ways in which I can improve mine!

Awesome! Spec Throw is a lot of fun, but yea, those mana nodes would be super important I bet; it's hard to sustain off mana on hit with that skill :(

Someone pointed out Surgebinders to me, yea. They seem great for raw damage, but my current gloves have good accuracy and attack speed - plus high life and a resist - so I doubt I'll be making room for them. Still a great choice, though!

Thanks for checking out the build and I hope it helps you improve yours!
You should consider using...

It's fairly cheap and provides an amazing damage boost while using Oro's. I'm currently running a similar build and it saves passive points.
Last edited by ShikuTeshi on Aug 18, 2015, 1:02:57 AM
"
Roberto555 wrote:

He takes phys dmg in duelist area because he uses "Fireborn" jewel. All Phys type are converted to fire so that the "Physical damage with two handed sword" becomes "Fire damage with two handed sword". Much more effective then projectile nodes that would boost only the second form of the attack.

@Yordle: it's me for the third time. Just gz to the build again. I'm proud to tryed this build even before it went in Community Build Guides!! C u around :)!!
Last edited by Corsal8 on Aug 18, 2015, 6:03:30 AM
Great guide and build concept! Thanks for sharing. :)
IGN: Scordalia_
would the 3 points for graceful assault be worth it for a high onslaught uptime?
Also a bit more evasion and damage.

Also how about a vigilant strike burn setup for single target?
(edit: chance to ignite + oro's + flammability + tree = about 48 + 20 + 13 + 5 = 86% with 100% chance to hit)

Might try this build at some point.
Last edited by poe_volka on Aug 19, 2015, 10:30:00 AM
Cool build!

I have a templar variant concentrating on proliferated burn damage with herald of ash, it's pretty fun. For bosses, its a case of one-shotting adds near enough to the to ignite or kite through the prolif'd flames.

I'll have to give this a try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info