[2.5 Video Guide] Beginners "End-Game-Viable" Tanky Cyclone Build

Dude! How in god's name did you manage to get that beast of an axe, I envy you so much!
I have around 60 mana aswell and what I did was place 3 points into the talents that gives mana leach at the bottom part of the skill tree. Now I can Leap and Cyclone to oblivion and beyond basicly ^^
Hello everyone.

This is my first character in poe, and the first time i haved tried mapping and so on.

I followed this guide starting from scratch. But now I kinda feel like I am hitting a wall here at map tier 10/11 - im getting slowish kill speed and die quite often vs bosses.

Can anyone point me in a direction of where to improve? (the obvious is obtaining items with higher amounts of links, but is there something else im missing)

My passives:https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHcBLMFLQbGB3UJlgthE0wUIBRxFrsX4Ro-IVUm-CcgKS4s-zB3NZI5DjwFPfxAoEMxRrdHfk3jTjJQR1hjWf5aGl4TXz9hIWRSZU1lp2ebaPJvO3Ttdqx343gNeWh673t0fLh82YIHhNmE74VSh2qKIorwjM-QbJHOl3mf36IAqSepbqmUrY2uPq5Qr2y18rvtvTa-p8ABwBrAZsCmwQTBo8MzxILGrsbYypDPftNv2L3ZYdl82sHcPeJh5FHpRuoY6wnvDu988B_yQfJF8430g_ZI9zL3ufjr_gr-jw==

Gear:

I do also have a 4-link KAOM and 6 socketed, not linked Belly of the Beast. (would it be better to use these?) (or getting similar with higher amount of links)

Also note, this is my first character, so no, I do not have the amount of currecny to to buy stuff like Atziri axe and so on.

Thanks.
What about the new AXE's introduced in 2.5.0?

What about the flask's?

What about Devoto's Devotion Helmet?

Any other improvements?

Thanks! (Level 64 at the moment).
I am getting myself the Devotos and the hezmasas axe tonight, hoping for some nice improvements :)
"
azeriath wrote:
I am getting myself the Devotos and the hezmasas axe tonight, hoping for some nice improvements :)

Why Devotos though? The movement and attack speed are nice but doesn't 10% reduced phys dmg also mean less life leech and less dmg through Hatred? I don't know if this pays off, let us know if it does or doesn't :)
Hi there, I really like this build. Now at lvl 74 and mapping very easy. There are probably faster Clearbuilds but I really like the survivability of this. Labs were easy incl. Merc so far, I'm curious to see how well this goes in Uber-Lab as soon I find the 6th Trial finally :)

A few things I like to discuss/ask. Why do you go for Life on Hit instead of Life Leech. Ofc in early levels the on hit is stronger but normally in Late-Game Leech is much stronger.

Will you stay with Belly till End-Game? Ofc in Mid-Game its a great armor but wouldn't a good Ilvl 75+ armor with High rolls be better later?

Also about Hezmanas, just found another axe (Don't know if its a new one) in Breach. IMO much better then Hezmanas:

Do yourself a favor and do NOT be stupid like me and try to kill Xoph with lvl 78 and this gear I'm having. I thought "well, resistances are all capped, 4k life, good leech, let's fecking do this". The breach itself wasn't exactly great to begin with. My clear speed was okay, but nothing more. I had like 5 seconds on the clock when I reached the arena and that was with only picking up maps and legendaries, after I died I then collected all the currency.

Well Xoph himself just plain and simple destroyed me. At my last portal he still had like 1/3 of his life. As I said I had capped fire resistance with 2 superior ruby flasks but still, when the whole arena is on fire, he hits like a truck and his minions have a bazillion life, there is not exactly much you can do if you're underpowered. Or I'm just not skilled enough yet, I "only" played the game for about 180 hours and this is my first end-game character.

Well, now to collect all the Xoph splinters again... huuuuuh. I think I'm going to attempt the breach lords after I have cleared the uber lab and got my 4th ascendancy point.

BUT: What a great experience. That boss fight was so thrilling! I've had to bite my nails like that in an RPG ever.

The gear with which I lost (not much changed since the last time):

Edit: I think the biggest problem were my DPS after thinking about it. I couldn't kill the boss adds at all, it took me a bit too long to clear anything. Guess I really have to up my dps...but how? I already have all the dmg+ nodes in the skill tree.
Last edited by Lemmji on Dec 29, 2016, 1:52:29 AM
Just did the same and had him down to 3% at last portal... but only because im overtired and was to slow to get out of the flame pools. The adds I like because they dont hit really hard and help getting life leech and charges. If I check your gear, I'm seeing some serious problems. No Life on Boots, Gloves and both Rings...!! This build is a melee tank so the most important thing you want on items is Life!

I just did Uberlab at lvl 77 easy going. Was Face-Tanking Itzaro including the Megahit. Only thing I changed, I got the Life-Leech Nodes at Hematophagy and change life on hit to life leech. Life on hit is great if you fight many mobs but for bosses leech is much more effective. Here is my Gear and build for comparison:

www.poeurl.com/X1V

Edit:
For this Gear I paid around 2.5 EX alltogether in Breach-League, with Axe and Chest the most expensive, 1.5 EX for both together.
Last edited by Gambit79 on Dec 29, 2016, 2:45:16 AM
What about Ngamahu's Flame?
Last edited by Balantakos on Dec 29, 2016, 5:38:20 AM
"
Lemmji wrote:
"
azeriath wrote:

Why Devotos though? The movement and attack speed are nice but doesn't 10% reduced phys dmg also mean less life leech and less dmg through Hatred? I don't know if this pays off, let us know if it does or doesn't :)

Tbh the movement speed is the pure reason I got it. And the maps I am doing now (up to level 7 are just a breeze)

I dont mind the 10% reducement in comparison to the movement and attack speed :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info