Global chat spamming RMT websites

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Can't wait for biometrics to become mainstream.

if you think better tech can solve social problem you will eventually realize that tech is causing social problems.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Can't wait for biometrics to become mainstream.

if you think better tech can solve social problem you will eventually realize that tech is causing social problems.

Let the Butlerian Jihad begin!
I think captcha once on 2 hours with 3 minutes timer to fill ( so u have time to teleport into town from the map and fill the captcha) is good choise for now.
I have a theory and it gives me goose bumps. Because the lack of willingness that GGG choose to provide a solution like putting in a chat filter, it makes me think, what if it was GGG themselves disguised as currency farmers, selling currencies to earn more money? Because they can't do it under their names for it will allow players to call this game Path of Pay to Win.

Please address this problem for I am sure I am not the only one who think this way. You can pretend to be a player and buy currency from them, then ban all the account that has transaction with it.
This is exactly what happened with Diablo 2 and killed the game. Bots run rampant and the RMT sites ruled it and the game was unplayable.

These sites would not exist if people did not actually pay for the purchase of pixels.

The one saving grace with POE is that is run by GGG and not Blizzard.
As long as they ban the bot and not the "warehouses" this problem is here to stay. You can't tell me that the same bot that is banned this hour (banned account, right?) and is at it again the next hour has no losses.

The currency is obviously not on that account and you are doing jack shit to combat rmt. Since you are able to view that account's interactions with other accounts and those accounts go unpunished is it that hard to imagine that you endorse this kind of activity?
"
lugaluga wrote:
I have a theory and it gives me goose bumps. Because the lack of willingness that GGG choose to provide a solution like putting in a chat filter, it makes me think, what if it was GGG themselves disguised as currency farmers, selling currencies to earn more money? Because they can't do it under their names for it will allow players to call this game Path of Pay to Win.

PoE is basically hailed by press and players as the most fair F2P game. Imagine the outrage if they had an ingame shop where you could buy exalts for $$$. If the devs themselves sell items to RMT websites and/or players they avoid all that negative press but still make a shitton of money (mostly because they keep droprates so low).
I know I can't prove they do it, but you can't disprove it either.
"
Phate666 wrote:

I know I can't prove they do it, but you can't disprove it either.

Yea but support can sure as hell ban you and delete your posts. Best to do this kind of thinking far away from this forum in my opinion.
<3 Free Tibet <3
I don't know that there's enough tin foil in the world for the hat you're building.

The major problem with all conspiracy theories is the need for a large number of people to conspire together in complete unity. Competing with this need is the underlying human condition of the desire to communicate and the jockeying for social position. Simplistic, people have big mouths and gossip about things they feel others will find compelling.

On top of that you also have the moral and ethical standards of people who would stand up and decry behaviour that is not in concert with their outlooks. This is made even easier in these days of the internet where it is far easier to remain anonymous and reach an audience larger than ever.

So the chance that a company has a black ops RMT side operation known to several staff including coders, customer service operators, accounting staff and senior management, and that not one of those people have ever had an ethical or moral opposition to that operation, is significantly infinitesimal.
It dosn't matter if you report them and they get banned. That dosn't help the problem because its a free game. They will just make new accounts and the only way to report them is AFTER the spam has already happened which is the problem. Something needs to be done to stop the spam before we even have to report it. Captcha and lvl restrictions on global chat (even if its only lvl 5) will both help to prevent spam from even happening.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info