Global chat spamming RMT websites

If only they would allow small mods, like WoW did.
my question is how often/many accounts get hacked and taken control of by someone other than the original account holder? wouldn't think there would be many,(add some beatbox tune here). if any?

which leads me to my next question.
the way the security is with PoE, unless you are a muppet and give someone your password or use the same one as your registered email account it seems it would be very difficult to get access to someones account; so.... what if part of the terms of service to play PoE and many other online games in fact where these rmt rouges try a peddle their wares you have to link your paypal account. Then if you do get up to no good and cheat, hax, gain a unfair advantage or whatever you get banned based on whatever you were doing and there is a fee attached to it...say $50 for muppets map hacking ranging up to $200 for rmt pushers?

would that work? i think it would certainly make 99% of these people think twice before doing something outside the ToS.

what do you think. I'm sure im missing some vital issue that this would make this impossible because it just seems so simple to fixing these types of problems and it would be a win/win for ggg and the honest exiles playing PoE the way its meant to be played.
"
What's rmt?

rapid monkey trampling, otherwise known as the southern forest

Spoiler
it's real money trading, where some people actually give money to dodgy people in exchange for items
It is 100% easy and simple to make a 100% hack proof account.

I've already given this advice several times in the past:

1) Make a NEW email address.
2) Use this address as your game account.
3) NEVER SEND ANY outgoing messages from this email account
4) NEVER WRITE THIS EMAIL ACCOUNT anywhere on the internet
5) Outgoing messages to support sent via your normal email address (they allow this).

The above steps are guaranteed to prevent a hacking, except in the case that GGG's account databases somehow get hacked into. No one is ever going to even find out what your email address tied to whichever game is.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
Kythers wrote:
"
What's rmt?

rapid monkey trampling, otherwise known as the southern forest

Spoiler
it's real money trading, where some people actually give money to dodgy people in exchange for items

Spoiler
it's real money trading, where most racers/streamers actually give money to dodgy people in exchange for an advantage

Fixed that for you.

"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Oh, right. Yeah, that would be support getting to them, not them running away. Player reports do improve that response time though.

Though I will say; the past few days I've been seeing what has CLEARLY been the same advertiser spamming. I'm not 100% certain if it was the same account that their characters were from, but it was being run by on the same script, (same message and timing between spams) and advertising the same site.

"
Peripherally wrote:
Like for example a phone number for contact/sms verifcation or maybe having to enter a valid home address or something.

Give another company (no offense to GGG; it's not personal) my personally-identifiable data? No thanks; if that became required, you'd never see me here again.

Something like this would contradict much of the concept of a "free" game; on the Internet real information can be considered as good as money. (especially given how many sites get hacked for personal info on a daily basis, to say nothing of the occasional multi-million-account hack that actually makes it into the news)

And besides, even if you asked for that... How is GGG going to know the info is real? Set up an expensive system to robo-call you? A real solution would have to work on much simpler terms.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
best way to kill RMT??? increase the drop rate in quantity and quality for everybody....so,no one would pay to get a shav,mjolner or mirrored items.....problem solved.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
"
bhavv wrote:
Complete the game on normal difficulty to access global chat.

Problem solved.

This would sadly run contrary to what GGG intended with Global Chat when they merged the difficulties -- they hoped veterans would help newcomers in some very naive, very GGG vision of a utopian community.

I laughed when they did it, and I laugh now. Merging the difficulties was the *dumbest* thing they ever did with global chat.

I really don't understand why you say that. I have global on sometimes, and I often see new players asking questions, and nice ppl answering them. Myself when I can I help them too. I see nothing naive in this, this is not Hearthstone's community. Separating globals according to difficulties was the stupid move.
Last edited by Grahf23 on Jul 29, 2015, 11:10:08 AM
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
best way to kill RMT??? increase the drop rate in quantity and quality for everybody....so,no one would pay to get a shav,mjolner or mirrored items.....problem solved.

That's such a good idea, I can't see any flaws with that at all...

"
joerocket10r wrote:
my question is how often/many accounts get hacked and taken control of by someone other than the original account holder? wouldn't think there would be many,(add some beatbox tune here). if any?

which leads me to my next question.
the way the security is with PoE, unless you are a muppet and give someone your password or use the same one as your registered email account it seems it would be very difficult to get access to someones account; so.... what if part of the terms of service to play PoE and many other online games in fact where these rmt rouges try a peddle their wares you have to link your paypal account. Then if you do get up to no good and cheat, hax, gain a unfair advantage or whatever you get banned based on whatever you were doing and there is a fee attached to it...say $50 for muppets map hacking ranging up to $200 for rmt pushers?

would that work? i think it would certainly make 99% of these people think twice before doing something outside the ToS.

what do you think. I'm sure im missing some vital issue that this would make this impossible because it just seems so simple to fixing these types of problems and it would be a win/win for ggg and the honest exiles playing PoE the way its meant to be played.

Not everyone has a paypal account/bank account/credit card etc. And in order to to be held to a contract like this, the person would have to be at least 18 years of age or older, setting something up like this would cut off a lot of would be players who either do not have this sort of online pay system OR are in fact too young to even be able to have this in place. Getting charged money for breaking a term of service would not go down among the masses, people would freak the fuck out,not to mention the false positives who may get charged or what not. People would flip their wigs andit would be all over the net getting slammed left and right.

Again the RMT spammers are not players, they create an account with names like "Babdhdgaffd" Spam their site for like 10 seconds and when you try to whisper them, they have already logged off.

And it's not just one website that is doing it, I have seen 4-5 different sites so far.

The best thing, is to mute global chat till level 10 OR to be able to come up with some type of verification system (other than crdit cards, some folks just don't have them, more so outside of the States and other "westernized" countries)

Also this really is not a huge problem and it's not like spammers are flooding the chat left and right, but that's just it tho if there is nothing set up to counter this type of thing more and more sites will be spammed as POE gets more popular.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info