Global chat spamming RMT websites

I am so sick of seeing these spammers come on and spam their websites and prices for POE items.

Couldn't GGG make it to you have to be level 5 or 10 to chat global or something?

this is getting bad....

what are some ideas that you guys think would be a good way to deal with these people? (besides just saying "just ignore them dude")

"
VomitChrist wrote:
I am so sick of seeing these spammers come on and spam their websites and prices for POE items.

Couldn't GGG make it to you have to be level 5 or 10 to chat global or something?

this is getting bad....

what are some ideas that you guys think would be a good way to deal with these people? (besides just saying "just ignore them dude")

If you report them to support they can be destroyed quickly and very thoroughly.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Thats the thing, they hit and run. They create a character that has a name of random letters, spam a site for a straight up 3 seconds and then are gone. There is nothing to report because it's a throw away character that I am sure is using some type of proxy. These aint players who are doing this.

It would be a circle jerk of Wack A Mole if you tried to do this player at a time...
"
VomitChrist wrote:
Thats the thing, they hit and run. They create a character that has a name of random letters, spam a site for a straight up 3 seconds and then are gone. There is nothing to report because it's a throw away character that I am sure is using some type of proxy. These aint players who are doing this.

It would be a circle jerk of Wack A Mole if you tried to do this player at a time...

Oh, right. Yeah, that would be support getting to them, not them running away. Player reports do improve that response time though.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Maybe it would help if signing up for POE required an extra layer of security or account validation? Like for example a phone number for contact/sms verifcation or maybe having to enter a valid home address or something.

Just throwing ideas out there, should be possible to force most generic spammerbots with some method like this.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
What's rmt?
"
What's rmt?

Shhh... We're not supposed to talk about it. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
What's rmt?

Shhh... We're not supposed to talk about it. =^[.]^=

While we're in question mode ... what's Global chat ?

=P
Complete the game on normal difficulty to access global chat.

Problem solved.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I really wish I could have some of whatever GGG smoke.

Its like they are still 100% completely new to the internet and had no idea how evil the place would actually be.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info