[2.0][HC] CI Non-Crit Whispering Ice Storm Scion

So I ended up making a spreadsheet comparing Intelligence to Spell Damage.

Spoiler
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n2tLJN9gFuv00lQRACpCe3vCLAprUpxKZ2SF1u0-Pf4/edit?usp=sharing

Still not sure if the math is right...

These numbers are only taking into account Intelligence / Base Damage / Spell Damage % from Whispering Ice / Spell Damage %.

But at 500 Intelligence, 10 Intelligence gives 4.02 Damage which is equal to 4% spell damage. At 1000 Intelligence, 10 Intelligence gives 6.02 Damage which is equal to 3% spell damage.
GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Jul 27, 2015, 7:37:44 AM
Hey, just dropped this staff and started looking into builds around it and since I'm playing tempest I checked out yours.

I'd like to know how it is going for you so far, are you clearing endgame maps?
Map mods you need to avoid?
Also, the %intell on the staff seems important, is it noticeable from like 14 to 18%?

Builds looks fun and getting bored of totem, was grinding currency to switch build and this one looks interresting but don't want to play it just because, got to be effective for endgame too so I hope you can answer haha, thanks :)
What do you choose for bandit quests?
why did you chose the jewel slot above the ranger tree instead of the one right to the shadow? the shadow one gives int and is needs 1 skill point less which you can put into a 30dex note if you need the dex. or are you going to pick up vaal pact?
Last edited by Vinc009 on Jul 28, 2015, 10:01:41 AM
About to give this build a try in Tempest. I won't be getting Whispering ice until the late game - lvl 65+ So any advice how to level until then? I don't want to pick up many nodes that require me to respec after getting whispering ice, maybe 6-8 max so i wont be doing any double flame totem stuff.
"
Gunteraz wrote:
About to give this build a try in Tempest. I won't be getting Whispering ice until the late game - lvl 65+ So any advice how to level until then? I don't want to pick up many nodes that require me to respec after getting whispering ice, maybe 6-8 max so i wont be doing any double flame totem stuff.

When I lvled mine I ran facebreaker/meginords till 33 and then used the staff, assuming you have a decent int pool the dps on icestorm is pretty good.
Can you please post what the tree would look like at 65/68 as a witch? Cause that's when I plan to re spec. Thanks!
Currently level 69 on Warbands, and this build is proving to be fantastic. I managed to beat Malachai on Merciless with only one single death. That's a tremendous record for me. There was only one moment where I needed to portal out in order to survive. On top of that, I was also able to beat Piety and the other 3 bosses without dying. I realize this may not be that impressive when considering that this is an HC build, but then I've never played HC, so I tend to be a bit reckless.

It's also worth mentioning that I still haven't gotten a good amulet yet, and I'd like to upgrade my chestpiece one of these days once I actually have some currency saved up.

I have to ask: why Poacher's Mark? Is it to gain more flask charges?
hey, i have a similar build on warbands, not exactly the same tree since i started as a witch, but its very similar.

one question, how are you mantaining your mana? i run discipline/herald of ice and arctic armour for some damage mitigation.. but i also need to have a mana leech gem on my staff.

any ideas on how to "fix" it?
hello, wouldnt crit be better dps wise and freeze wise ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info