[2.0][HC] CI Non-Crit Whispering Ice Storm Scion

Hello, welcome to my 2.0 Ice Storm build thread. The motivation behind this post, is the lack of Ice Storm build posts that are not pure theory craft. This build is currently 84 in the Tempest League.

Change Log
Spoiler
7/25/15 - Changed my gem links, added curse on hit poachers mark to herald of ice to generate 4 frenzy charges and gain extra flask charges. I still curse Frostbite to open on packs. Updated offense picture.

Build Idea and Execution
Spoiler
Whispering Ice give insane bonuses to spell damage, skill duration, base damage and consequently high ES% due to stacking int.

Currently I am sitting at 1000 intelligence. In total this gives me 100% Spell damage, 100-300 added base cold damage to icestorm, 500% duration to icestorm, making it last 4.2 seconds, and finally 200% ES in addition to the %es from the tree.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
This is my current tree at level 84 in tempest.

http://poeurl.com/ztCQuzF

You could do this build as a witch, but I feel scion is superior because of the extra jewel you get.

Stats

Spoiler
Offense
Spoiler

Defense
Spoiler

Jewels

Spoiler
What you are looking for in jewels is to fill in your stats and resists where possible. I try to get int + dex or str on every jewel, resist where i need them, and cold or area damage is huge!

These are not amazing jewels by any means, but they work for me at the moment!

Fertile Mind goes in the jewel slot near vaal pact, once you take vaal pact the gem gives you 74 int

Gem Links

Spoiler
Helm: Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration + Faster Casting + Enduring Cry
Chest: 2LBB Flame Dash + Clarity 4L RRBB Ground Slam + Increased AoE + Fortify + Chaos Golem
Boots: Frostbite + Temp Chains + Increased AoE + Faster Casting
Gloves: Discipline + Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Poacher's Mark
Staff: Faster Casting + Spell Echo + Hypothermia + Cold Pen + Life Leech + Conc Effect

Gear

Spoiler
Staff
Spoiler
Obviously the only choice.

Helmet
Spoiler
CI Gear is fairly cheap in Tempest League so far I got this helmet for 1 chaos

All you are looking for in a helmet is high int, high ES and one or two resists!

Chest
Spoiler
Another example of overly cheap gear because "CI IS DED OMG"

Paid 5 chaos for this chest, and added intelligence onto it. Ideally you want around this ES, a resist or two, and 40+ int.

Gloves
Spoiler
100+ ES, high int, and fill in resists with this slot!

Boots
Spoiler
Same idea as the gloves, get 2 resists, int, move speed and anything over 100 ES works!
Rings
Spoiler
This is the most important slot of your gear. Getting your resists here is super easy. Try to look for two stone rings with high int, and 1 or 2 resists, and craft some flat ES on them if you can
Amulet
Spoiler
In my opinion, this is the Int Stacking dream. You also get to make up some dex and str here possibly. Look for 70+ int, and whatever resist you need, can elreon craft %es or flat es! You can also use a chayula here if you feel like the avoid stun while casting nodes are not enough for your liking.

Belt
Spoiler
I use a Heavy Belt to make up the strength required for this build without wasting points on the tree. You can get a decent belt with 30+ ES and not miss too much in this slot, compared to a chain belt

If you somehow manage to not need resist or strength in this slot, a
is an amazing choice, and has great synergy with Vaal Discipline
Flasks
Spoiler

Video
Spoiler
Multi Proj Rare Monsters Magic Monsters Jungle Valley with Boss kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl9FTJayyB4

Please feel free to post any questions about the build here, or PM me in game @inoa!
Last edited by Inoa12 on Jul 25, 2015, 6:10:12 PM
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2016, 4:59:26 PM
Updated with Gear and Gems 7/24/15
why did u put each gear piece under separate spoiler?
ign - FancySneakyDevil
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:

Cuz he wrote a bunch about each.

Nice Build Dude Keep it up.
[3.2] ✮ MrBones Wild Ride Dancing Dervish Melee Skeleton Summoner ✮ [400%+ Movement Speed]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094226
"
MrKasor wrote:
"
Doitfrlulz wrote:

Cuz he wrote a bunch about each.

Nice Build Dude Keep it up.

u mean ctrl-c ctrl-v "high es resists and int"?
ign - FancySneakyDevil
Added Video with map clear 7/24/15
Updated amulet slot options
Updated my Gloves and passive tree, added jewel
Last edited by Inoa12 on Jul 25, 2015, 10:56:21 AM
How would you rate the damage and survival of this build versus the tri-curser icestorm build? Leveling up a scion icestormer now, and still low enough level to end up with either one.
Prylos // RoA Marauder 89+

My godly belt collection - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/334226
Mapping Discussion - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361880/page/1
"
Okanitu wrote:
How would you rate the damage and survival of this build versus the tri-curser icestorm build? Leveling up a scion icestormer now, and still low enough level to end up with either one.

I'm sitting at about 77k dps at the moment, nothing lives long enough to warrant three curses, the slow and temp chains is enough in sketchy situations, and frostbite is enough damage when you don't need temp chains. Dual curse in this build is only 3 points if you feel it necessary.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info