[2.0] Blink & Mirror Arrow Scion - Cheap and Effective!

"
Moonypoony wrote:
Traps can be a good way to utilize them, but I am not a fan of traps myself. Report your findings if you try it out!

Reporting in. I've got an almost-70 mirror/blink arrow trapper with Infractem and deerstalker to fake a 5-link; links as follows:

- deerstalker-mirror-multitraps-weapon ele-LMP
- blink arrow-trap-multitrap-lmp

The build's working reasonably well so far - you play it like any other trapper, and spit out ~12-18 clones on a pack then moonwalk around not dying to reflect. A few questions for you:

- How's your clear speed on packs? I can't imagine playing this build without Infractem/LMP to spread DPS across the screen, instead of shooting one thing at a time.
- Do you do anything to reduce the cooldown on mirror/blink arrows?
- How viable is this against higher-end maps? Atziri?
Good to hear that the trap support is working out! Might make a new character to try it as well.

To answer your questions:
I do use LMP, and clear speed is good so far. A single mirror and blink arrow is often enough to clear a white pack. 2 for a blue pack.
Ás far as I know I can't reduce the cooldown, besides using traps. So I don't. I currently use split arrow to curse, cast flesh offering or vaal haste (finally found one) during cooldown.
Currently running level 73-74 maps, and they are quite easy. If higher level maps would drop I'd gladly run them. I have never killed Atziri (on any character), but she is on my to do list.

I could run zombies or a spectre in a 2 or 3 link, don't have many sockets left.
I have a question, if you're putting your minions in the trap, does taking increased trap damage nodes improve the minions that spring from the traps?
The Trap and Mine Damage gem increases the tooltip dps so I assume trap dmg it does boost the minion dps.could open up some interesting jewel/gem options
"
Pascoflyer wrote:
I'm following your build pretty much to the T, because i'm pretty new and dont know much about the tree, but i'm using different skillsets. I'll let you know how they turn out. right now I use multiple trap/trap/culling strike on mirror arrow. with Herald of Ash and Anger auras.

I also have Vaal clarity so I can drop 12-15 mirrors rapidly and blink away, drop a Vall summon skeleton and then hit flesh offering, so far so good, but i'm still low lvl.

I'm lvling so my gems change pretty regularly with gear. I picked up a doomfletch because it seems to be so elemental-driven, but i'm wondering about stacking pierce with a drillneck and a strong phys dps bow.

Also curious about Curse on hit and poacher's mark or projectile weakness.

Seems like this build would be just as viable if you went more Archer-bow-damage, or even bow-based summoner with zombies etc. It's pretty versatile.

You should note that Herald of ash doesn't boost the DPS of the clones - they are minions, and don't snap shot like a spell totem ... you don't want to run herald of ash.

I just tried Atziri for the very first time and killed her with one portal left. Should be possible without any deaths if I practice a bit. Fucked up a couple of times with a bad blink arrow, so I will mostly just use mirror arrow on that fight. Atziri (and most other bosses) like to focus my clones, and they do a great job of tanking and blocking projectiles.

Going to update the guide soonish.
I played a similar build until lvl70 in 1.3 and am looking to start it up again. I want to clear up some misconceptions in this thread.

Tool tip dps is not your actual minions dps. Tool tip is the damage done by your initial arrow fired, not the dps of your minion created!!

You scale your minion damage similar to the way you'd scale other normal minions. Crit multi, ele damage, trap damage, etc from tree have no effect on the minion dps, they only increase the damage of the initial arrow hit. that means lioneyes fall won't work.. Ever. And your minions crit chance will be terribly low, which means you don't need crit multi from deaths harp.

You can scale minion damage with minion nodes, aura nodes, curse nodes on the skill tree. That's it. Your other methods of scaling damage are thru support gems and the strength of your bow.

Trap+Multitrap can potentially triple your minion count for the cost of only 2 support gems so I highly recommend it.

Edit: Multitrap has an unspecific "Less Damage" modifier attached to it, so it WILL decrease your trap minions' damage. However, any supports/skillpoints with "Trap Damage" specified in it will NOT affect your minions' dps.

Drill neck infractem seems the setup of choice but chin sol is also nice (when mirrors are spawned by traps they appear right next to the enemy and gain the bow's point blank bonus)

Lioneyes glare is also a good option.

When I build this char in 2.0 it will be with spectre as well.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Aug 19, 2015, 7:19:01 PM
I'm loving this build so far! Thanks!! :)
"
dariidar wrote:
I played a similar build until lvl70 in 1.3 and am looking to start it up again. I want to clear up some misconceptions in this thread.

Tool tip dps is not your actual minions dps. Tool tip is the damage done by your initial arrow fired, not the dps of your minion created!!

You scale your minion damage similar to the way you'd scale other normal minions. Crit multi, ele damage, trap damage, etc from tree have no effect on the minion dps, they only increase the damage of the initial arrow hit. that means lioneyes fall won't work.. Ever. And your minions crit chance will be terribly low, which means you don't need crit multi from deaths harp.

You can scale minion damage with minion nodes, aura nodes, curse nodes on the skill tree. That's it. Your other methods of scaling damage are thru support gems and the strength of your bow.

Multitrap damage penalty, similarly, only affects the initial arrow hit. so it doesn't decrease your minions dps. Trap+Multitrap can potentially triple your minion count for the cost of only 2 support gems so I highly recommend it.

Drill neck infractem seems the setup of choice but chin sol is also nice (when mirrors are spawned by traps they appear right next to the enemy and gain the bow's point blank bonus)

Lioneyes glare is also a good option.

When I build this char in 2.0 it will be with spectre as well.

I'm curious about where you got your information since it's so specific but extremely relevant to the build! I'm looking to resurrect the character I made following Naeblis720's guide here (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1126766), since I quite enjoyed the playstyle. Glad to see using BA/MA as primary damage is still viable in 2.0!
@banana

Mirror arrow clones are minions, so they'll gain dps from anything else that affects minions.

I do want to note that the mirror arrow clones' APS caps out around 1.75 APS. You can't increase it further than that (To confirm this, try using a Quill Rain and then using a Storm Cloud bow. Same attack speed)

I want to edit something I said in my previous post!!! Multiple Traps gem gives "Less Damage," not "Less Trap Damage as I had assumed" - therefore, the penalty from Multiple Traps DOES affect your minions' damage. However, any trap damage supports/skillpoints that specifically say "Trap" in them will NOT affect your minions' damage.

I've made a dps spreadsheet for myself here

I am currently running this build with this skilltree

here are my items:

I've found that the best quiver is a plain quiver with Adds an Additional Arrow. (Don't get elements on your quiver, so you can use EE + curse with Ice Shot!) I like Lioneye's so that my clones never miss, which seems to be the best DPS boost available.

I am clearing 73 maps easily with a 79 character. The Trap setup works good against large mobs, but I don't use it as much against single bosses/rares. A general attack rotation is Trap -> Mirror -> Blink -> curse. Multitrap clones deal ~12k dps each, non-trap clones deal ~18k dps each. I have 5-10 clones up at any given moment. Zombies keep me safe. Ice shot setup gives me chilled ground and EE/dual curses.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Aug 19, 2015, 8:17:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info