[Deleted]

I'm assuming you played HvC's version in HC during 1.3 since HvC hasn't been updated for 2.0 yet. It doesn't have to grab as many aura nodes because it's a build made before the "aura-stack" nerf. Life leech is slightly different in this build than HvC because of the life leech nerf in 2.0. To make a long story short, 2.0 is much trickier to set up a strong defense, though I'm a little confused what you mean when you say that it feels squishier than the HvC build. It has the same HP, same resistances, and more physical reduc :o

Now, regarding mana to sustain your skills: I forget which build I had run awhile ago, but it dropped Blood Magic and Purity of Ice and it took Revelry on the skill tree (2 nodes away on the skill tree). It allowed you to run your skills on mana instead of life. You could give that a try. Revelry gives you +2 mana gained on hit and works very well with Molten Strike. If Revelry isn't enough (which it should be), then you can always use a Jewel with the same +2 mana gained on hit mod.

Now if you are more concerned with those huge physical damage hits that drop you down to like 20% HP left, then you could always switch back to the classic Lightning Coil. Lightning Coil wouldn't be AS effective since you already have a lot of physical damage reduction, but it would definitely make you stronger against those physical hits. The downside of this is that you lose about half of your "life leech" because you'd be dropping Kingsguard. Choices... X_X
Oh also you think it's also ok to do it on marauder ? Because the internal armor looks better on him :(

But yet we will lose 50% spell dmg and we can take life node or phys dmg I don't really know. What's your think on that ?

Thanks.
"This build functions best on a witch and can work very well on a marauder. The witch tree gives us more spell damage and the marauder gives us more life and armor, but the reason why witch is more desirable is because of the base INT she provides. If you decide to use a marauder, you will need to get 20 more INT on gear."

The marauder just takes the life/armor nodes to the main tree
Hey!

Awesome build.

Just wondering what sort of jewels you are using, can't find anything in your guide about them.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Found a few pages back info :)

EDIT#2: Using your build on Warbands. Dunno if it's the legacy mjolner that makes the difference but it feels like my dps is really low. Talent tree is pretty much identical to yours.

EDIT#3: Switched out life leech for iron will, dmg seems a bit better... Also, cyclone is extremely annoying and SLOW as fuck... Really can't see why people like it so much.

Here's the gear:

INPUT WOULD BE AWESOME
IGN: Whirlizmo
Last edited by cattizmo on Aug 11, 2015, 5:02:07 PM
Yeah a legacy Mjolner will almost double your dps. Hopefully you can get one of those fairly soon. I don't know which is less satisfying for you: bossing or mapping. But something you could do to increase your map clear is wear a +1 Endurance Belt.

I just picked that up a few days ago and it helps mapping a little bit, but it doesn't help bossing that much.

If you're not a fan of cyclone, you can always just use Molten Strike or keep a Lightning Strike to switch out the old fashioned way
Last edited by Chatframe on Aug 11, 2015, 6:37:34 PM
Build has been edited. It gets more DPS and loses basically nothing. Our new aura line up is Purity of Lightning, Purity of Fire, Grace, and Wrath. Drop the life node above Blood Siphon and take the second aura node near Harrier for more reduced mana. It allows you to switch out Purity of Ice for Wrath. Also, take a power charge instead of an endurance charge unless you are a pure Kingsguard build (no life leech). Power charges and endurance charges are more balanced this way and we benefit more from power charges.
Last edited by Chatframe on Aug 12, 2015, 11:50:01 AM
How much time does it take for example to take down a merci dom with your build ? I really want a video on this build, hard to decide which build I'll do.
I'm actually trying a Resolute Technique Shadow variant of this build and it is tankier and has more dps.
I ran a few tests with my RT Shadow and my Crit Witch. I was measuring how quickly the two builds can kill the second form of Dominus.
I took out my CWDT + Curse gem set ups on both builds to reduce randomness in my testing and I attacked second Dominus in the same spot for each trial. I killed him 5 times each on both of my builds and timed how long it took to kill him with my phone. For the Crit Witch, it took me about 9.5 seconds and for my RT Shadow, it took me 7.5 seconds on average.

So I'll definitely be changing this build guide into a Resolute Technique build which uses the Shadow. Everything is pretty much the same though. Same gems and gear, but different tree.

I'll try and get a video up for you soon.
"
I'm actually trying a Resolute Technique Shadow variant of this build and it is tankier and has more dps.
I ran a few tests with my RT Shadow and my Crit Witch. I was measuring how quickly the two builds can kill the second form of Dominus.
I took out my CWDT + Curse gem set ups on both builds to reduce randomness in my testing and I attacked second Dominus in the same spot for each trial. I killed him 5 times each on both of my builds and timed how long it took to kill him with my phone. For the Crit Witch, it took me about 9.5 seconds and for my RT Shadow, it took me 7.5 seconds on average.

So I'll definitely be changing this build guide into a Resolute Technique build which uses the Shadow. Everything is pretty much the same though. Same gems and gear, but different tree.

I'll try and get a video up for you soon.

srsly 5 runs arent a good sample size maybe iam a bit mad cuz i have lvled a witch for that build any chance to convert your shadow 2 a witch:P
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Hi again Dimensi0n

New version of tree is much better. I've made a comparision of your tree vs mine that I've posted on the first page. I've also included bandid choices. Here're the results:

Spoiler

Lvl 90 trees:

So, skipping less important things and things that are close enough to each other in terms of actual difference my thoughts are as follows:

Offence:

My tree gives:
+1 power charge (or 5 total vs 4 total)
+3 endu charges (or 7 total vs 4 total)
so a total of 12 charges vs 8 charges
+16 aoe increase
+30% accuracy
+36% charges duration (easier to hold them up from pack to pack)

at a cost of
-58% spell dmg (but I'm using iron will so I have even more spell dmg at the end)
-22% attack speed
- possibility to run Anger

More aoe and more charges so I'm leaning towards mine in terms of overall greater dmg output vs crowds and yours in terms of dmg vs single target - attack speed in there is very important and charge generation wont reach maximum numbers.

In terms of deffence:

My tree gives:
+51% life increse (witch is huge difference)
+1 max fire resistance
+21% all resistances
+12% flask duration
+30% effects of flask
+20% increased life from flasks

at a cost of
-27% effects of auras

So lets assume that longer flasks up time and better flask effect and also +1 max fire res evens up with better purity auras. Still your tree looses 51% of life increase and its harder to cap resistance on gear.

I'm not your enemy, you did a great job overall with this guide but I feel like there's still lots of room for improvements in your tree. Cheers!

About the RT - I personally wont reccomend speccing into resolute technics. While doing hard content like Atziri or really hard content like uber Atziri or 80+ end game map bosses with crazy mods flask availability is most important. You need to spam them in order to survive. All your flask should have "recharges x charges when you deal a critical strike" and while your cyclone or molten will rarely do any critical strike, your Discharge will do them a lot. RT will strip you off from that possibility leaving your flask empty on hard bosses and you will die.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Aug 14, 2015, 9:52:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info