[Deleted]

Last edited by Chatframe on Jun 26, 2016, 4:41:55 PM
First :)
[2.0] Heavy Armour Mjolner, deathless uber viable
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1329067
"I didn't know how to Mjölner until now."

- ArcMeLikeAHurricane, 2015
how is abuot Uber Atziri.
is it possible?.(or with non legacy Mjolner)
I haven't tried Uber Atziri yet. I've got a pretty strong feeling that it's Uber viable. I need to level up a couple more times and then I'll give it a go. I'll keep you guys updated!
Last edited by Chatframe on Jul 27, 2015, 7:34:03 AM
Hi Dimensi0n.

Your guide is well written. Good organization, nice pictures and tons of valid info.
I've allways approached Mjolner builds with a dose of scepticism. Simply because I like to play fast & fluid and didn't like the fact of being so stationary with the Mjolner build (stand, spam LS or MS, move, repeat - boring as hell).

Before 2.0 I ran fakener build (Mathils version) and liked it a lot. I have it still but in 2.0 it has became a little bit to squishy, especially on boses (life leech nerf).

From that moment on I was trying to implement Cyclone with Mjolner. Did a lot of theorycrafting and math and it was becoming clear to me that DPS vs single target (vs bosses) using Romiras Banquet mechanics witch Cyclone will suffer a lot.

You did something very simple and brilliant at the same time. Use cyclone on packs, use Molten strike vs single targets (bosses). Hell yeah! It's working like a dream.

But anyway, enough honey, its time for a grain of salt. I think that everything is good and solid in your guide, except the passive tree. It needs reworking.

You've set yourself a valid goals in the guide, but imo you've overcommitted to defence, leaving a weak offence.

As we all know, charges are the fuel for this build. Yet, you've only picked +1 charge from quests and +1 charge from tree. Only 3 power charges and 5 endu charges for a discharge build? No way.

Also, idea of having two "life leech" engines is good but unnecessary in my opinion. Have you tested how much life you'll gain with just kingsguard and 7 endu charges having more than 10 discharges a second? (short answer: a f* lot). Throw high life pool and high life regen on top of that and you're set.

Now, you've also picked a lot of points just to be able to run purity of ice. Personally I didn't find anywhere in the 99,9% of the game content that it is necessary to have more than a solid 79% cold resist. There're no really hard hitting boses with cold spells/skills. Maybe except those 0,1% of beyond bosses and death and taxes map. So... f* it! We can allways use sapphire flask if 79% cold is not enough... (Taste of Haste!)

Your life pool with only 116% of life increse on a lvl 90 char is NOT enough. Even with decent gear. If we regret those unnecessary points, imo wasted on getting Vaal Pact, mana reduction and so on, and put them into good use of additional charges and life, it will be a WORD of a difference.

Here's what I use (Marauder version, currently lvl 87):

Took endu charge and life from quests. Because I do not have acces to lvl 21 purities I've also switched Alphas to Devotos, which is fantastic with the build (more mobility, attack speed! and chaos resitance). I use Iron Will in the Mjolner and fortify with the Cyclone.

Regards.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Jul 28, 2015, 6:14:48 AM
Thank you for posting some feedback for the build, I really appreciate it! I specifically made this build to have an over the top defense (hence the name) and it was made for people who just like to take it safe and easy. The build you're describing has already been made before :P I'd recommend go checking out his build instead of trying to change mine. Diversity is golden! Heavy Armour Mjolner. His build is incredible!

Regarding endurance charges, it is definitely viable to drop all the nodes above Vaal Pact and go get Devotion and Endurance for an extra endurance charge if you want one. Another power charge is also readily available next to alchemist! I was messing around with charges and I felt that 5 charges was a solid choice. I usually got 5 most of the time and rarely got 6 or 7 (when I was trying different builds. It doesn't seem worth it to spend extra nodes on a 6th endurance charge. But that's just me :P

Regarding life, having almost 4500 life at lv 89 is easily enough for me. If it's not enough for you then, again, I'd recommend checking out other Mjolner builds with a higher life pool. A higher life pool definitely has much more synergy with a non life leech / only kingsguard build.

Regarding the life leech. I personally LOVEEEEE running both life engines. It makes it easier to boss for me and it lets me run a lower life pool. The build was designed to have extremely high resistances and phys reduc so that I won't get one shotted with 4500 life, but then immediately regain all that life back within a few nanoseconds :P It doesn't need a higher life pool. It's very different than most of the kingsguard only Mjolner builds and both have their strong points and weak points.

The changes you suggested are pretty much the exact focuses in the Heavy Armour Mjolner build. His build is excellent and very well done and I think it's more of your play style. Everyone has their own play style. Some builds are more for them and some builds aren't for them. This build doesn't seem like it's for you and I definitely suggest checking out the other builds :P

Cheers and safe farming!
very good guide and build! Do you have any video gameplay of the build? I'd love to see how tanky it is visually :)
I can't really record much gameplay until I get a new computer because it lags way too much when I try (I've only tried Quicktime Player and Bandicam). Hopefully someone running this build can send me a video XD. This build doesn't have as much giant HP drops as other builds do. I'll try and find a way to get a video up soon (even if it means recording it with my phone, lol).
If you were testing things out and found both survivability and clear speed to be at more than acceptable level than there's not much else to say. Now it's time to someone follow the guide and bring "real life" input after testing and checking things himself.

To be honest I dont like at 100% any of the current Mjolner builds. For me, all the current guides have some strong points and some weak points. So I run my own version of Mjolner, that uses modified "Heavy Armour Mjolner" tree, it's defences, most of gear suggestion and life leech engine but with your skill gem setup (Cyclone!), again with some little modification here and there. Diversity is king.

Slaughter everything! For Asgard! Make your ancestors proud!
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info