Petition to un-nerf revenants

Uhm, the video of Jungle Valley clearly shows the set up being used - SRS isn't the focus. It's nice to feel like you're casting, every bit of damage helps (but there's no way you'd do that boss - without dying too - with that setup with just the SRSs and no the zombies and spectres aren't just meat shields), and (perhaps most importantly) a spell guides the AI of the minions - they follow where your spells target.

Thanks for posting the video, I_NO. I'm inspired now to allocate my first witch summoner's points. I wonder about buffing the raise spectre gem, it would be nice for them to have more inherent life, or do yours rarely die?

"
erdelyii wrote:
Uhm, the video of Jungle Valley clearly shows the set up being used - SRS isn't the focus. It's nice to feel like you're casting, every bit of damage helps (but there's no way you'd do that boss - without dying too - with that setup with just the SRSs and no the zombies and spectres aren't just meat shields), and (perhaps most importantly) a spell guides the AI of the minions - they follow where your spells target.

Thanks for posting the video, I_NO. I'm inspired now to allocate my first witch summoner's points. I wonder about buffing the raise spectre gem, it would be nice for them to have more inherent life, or do yours rarely die?

If I'm using core mf gear which is Andvarius and ventors which most of the time I do because I stop lvling at 85-88 then I may die a death or two now if I'm in full core resist gear it's very rare for me to die.

The entire purpose of the build is to farm and it does it very very well. A starter 4L can even achieve this as I just well you just watched it.

Also here's a video of my fire setup with bubble bro and bleed bro combined VS 76 Dominus with aids mods

http://www.twitch.tv/apathy_zero/v/8474800
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 25, 2015, 1:07:19 AM
Well, the odd death isn't so bad when you're finding sweet items. I guess I will find out how often spectres die, and when!

edit: thanks for another vid :)
Last edited by erdelyii on Jul 25, 2015, 1:11:47 AM
Im usually not the one to like nerfing how hard mob hit... but I'll say this, revenants as mobs hit hard even after nerf in high maps. people prolly didnt get much of chance to run 77-80 maps in temp leagues, but in standard their damage is still very high on these maps.

but how can people qq about map damage and then qq about this revenant damage being nerfed ?

I know the answer, the question was rhetorical, and many are not going to like it. its about spectres.

I wonder, if you could use malachai as a specter would people qq about his difficulty though ?
Last edited by grepman on Jul 25, 2015, 1:18:36 AM
"

+1 for Persona ^^b

Which spectres would you recommend for Tempest after the Revenant nerf?
Rev's are still fine with well a lot of gear but in most cases I would suggest flame sentinals or Alchemist / Knitted horrors / Lantern bros

Any of the combination can work

Bubble bros work too once more

http://www.twitch.tv/apathy_zero/v/8474800

This is the fire based setup using flame sentinals with bleed bro and bubble bro
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I'm using Horrors and Evangelists, they are both quite strong with few links. Sentinels get really strong once you go over a 4l.

If you do have higher links and want an attack based spectre, use Knitted Horrors and replace them with Tentacle Miscreations if they spawn in a map, their damage is incredible high, but they die too often, so unless you can replace them in the map, they are not really worth it.

Evangelists, Horrors and Revenants feel like the most durable minions due to their mechanics, AI and stats. Lantern Bros are nice due to their high range, but the stupid AI makes them sometimes wander into uncleared rooms (the same happens with Sentinels), which you have to be aware off. A lot of other spectres are good damage-wise but die too often.

There are those snakes in A3 that fire 3 piercing projectiles, they are really good spectres, but they have so low HP. The same goes for Voidbearers. Partially this is also true for Incinerators, because of the mob mechanic when they get low.

The most important thing about a spectre is its lvl. Right now I'm only using a 4l (my Bones) and have a few of them colored differently. So if I find a nice spectre in a map I just switch the boots and use them. I used all kinds of spectres already and if they have a good level they work very well. You can use basically all non-skeleton casters (Merveils, Arc Mages, Sentinels, Voidbearers, Evangelists, Lantern Bros, Revenants, Bugs etc), you just need to find a way to enhance the coverage of their attacks sometimes. For most of them GMP does the trick, some like Voidbearers or Merveils need Faster Projectiles.

However if you find Evangelists or Knitted Horrors of a high level they propably give you about 10% more, the former due to bubble and fairly good damage and the later due to good damage and enabling bloodlust. Lantern Bros fall off vs. bosses (similar to Horrors, which still provide a bleed) because of the burn not stacking. But they clear amazing.

My personal Tier-List right now is:

Tier 1:
Evangelist, Knitted Horror

Tier 2:
Lantern Bro, Sentinel

Tier 3:
Revenant, Voidbearer, Incinerator/Alchemist, Arc Mages

Tier 4:
Tentacle Miscreations, Chimerals, Pierce Snakes, All non-skeleton casters, Cleave Bears

Tier 5:
basically all quick Melees

The rest is rather weak, I didn't test all of them and some spectres struggle with their AI (like Devourers not really following you). Laviangas Acolyts could work and I'm not sure about Tauros if they charge often enough. While leveling I also loved Vaal Constructs due to their high range, but I have yet to test them to put them on the list. Up their are mostly spectres I have already used, I don't think I got all of the casters and I was pleasently surprised of the performance of some of the spectres. However I likely did not use an optimal setup for some of them, because I was limited by the gems I had with me sometimes. Revenants and Incinerators might move up one tier, if I actually could have used them with something that is not Spell-Echo, Faster Casting, Minion Damage. And of course I already mentioned that some spectres benefit a lot more from more links than others. A Knitted Horror or Evangelist will always provide the bubble or the bleed, which makes them very good with only few links in my oppinion.
Losing paying customers because they listen to the loudest whiners?

I have not had a problem meeting the rare revenants, yes they hit fucking hard if you got low resists. As a tempest player this haven't been a problem. It is a problem I can no longer play summoner!

I will be back if they decide to balance us again and give a full respec and give back whatever spent on summoner gear, which is now worthless.

I mean seriously worthless. There are no summoners left that want them.
"
erdelyii wrote:

I never said to do it without zombies, I said the DPS was done by SRS. Cmon man its obvious, watch the video. The skulls are getting the kills, while the minions are taking the hits. Stay on topic here. Summoners should not be REQUIRED to use SRS to be effective.
Last edited by Sixpackand2guns on Jul 25, 2015, 12:27:56 PM
"
Losing paying customers because they listen to the loudest whiners?

I have not had a problem meeting the rare revenants, yes they hit fucking hard if you got low resists. As a tempest player this haven't been a problem. It is a problem I can no longer play summoner!

I will be back if they decide to balance us again and give a full respec and give back whatever spent on summoner gear, which is now worthless.

I mean seriously worthless. There are no summoners left that want them.

I agree, but dont tell that to anyone who doesnt play full summoner because they will tell you, you are wrong, while THEY use SRS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info