1 claw dual wield reave, tanky and great clearspeed [HC] [budget]

"
Crimm wrote:
"
Destreaga wrote:
Is there any reason you dont take IR? I feel like your prone to being one shot :(
I noticed he took it, but not till the "passive tree at lvl 89". I'd assume you could take it earlier with a loss to dps?

-Question- At what level did you start using Relentless Fury? and how did you make up for the lack of early strength nodes?

Correct, take IR as soon as you wish and continue with the tree, in most cases it's only 2 points and afterwards you feel much safer. I used relentless fury from lvl 29 (as soon as it was available). I took a 30 strength node to be able to use it, you already get 20 from shadow starting area, now you only need any amber amulet with a decent roll and you got yourself enough strength to wear it.

"
Destreaga wrote:
Is there any reason you dont take IR? I feel like your prone to being one shot :(

I did take IR later on, you can take it sooner, even in lower levels (20-30).

"
Danzze wrote:
At what level is best to take Iron Reflexes? Should I take it as soon as possible?

You can take it as soon as you wish, I think somewhere around 60/70 is good enough, personally I played up to a very high level (somewhere in mid 80's) with acro/evasion, although it worked fine I would recommend using Iron Reflexes instead of Acrobatics, Acrobatics takes 5 points, Iron Reflexes in most cases 2 so not only do you get better defenses but you also save 3 points.

Edit:

Edited passive tree at level 78 to show you that you can pick up iron reflexes around that time easily, although you may choose to pick it up even earlier if you wish.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 24, 2015, 5:23:34 AM
Thanks a lot for the quick reply friend. I am currently level 46 with this build and just having a blast, however I did go straight for IR and also run AA with Hatred or Grace depending on if its bosses or not.

Very fun build though. I have although a couple more questions..

1. I don't see any gem slots open? Would there be any gem slots / gems you might look into?

2. I only have about 2k hp atm in Cruel act 2, while this is not a problem and am currently heading straight for all hp nodes I didnt pick up along the way, whats the % of hp on the actual tree?

3. I noticed that your cwdt does not include IC most builds do.. any reason in particular you decided against it?

Thanks again!
Last edited by Destreaga on Jul 24, 2015, 3:59:33 PM
"
Destreaga wrote:
Thanks a lot for the quick reply friend. I am currently level 46 with this build and just having a blast, however I did go straight for IR and also run AA with Hatred or Grace depending on if its bosses or not.

1. I don't see any gem slots open? Would there be any gem slots / gems you might look into?

2. I only have about 2k hp atm in Cruel act 2, while this is not a problem and am currently heading straight for all hp nodes I didnt pick up along the way, whats the % of hp on the actual tree?

3. I noticed that your cwdt does not include IC most builds do.. any reason in particular you decided against it?

Thanks again!

1. There are at least 3 free gem slots in my current build (not including second weapons). I use those for leveling. Not sure what else I could put into my setup, maybe another CWDT with IC inc duration, would have to move around stuff though, not sure if I can manage 3 free linked slots.

2 CWDT setups would be perfect, one with enfeeble, somewhat lower level cwdt so it procs more often and a very high level CWDT with IC, inc duration and molten shell, I'll try to get it in.

2. Total HP if you follow the HC version is 181%. 2k HP act 2 cruel is fine. Go for more HP as you go into act 3/act 4 cruel, though, you should aim for 3,5k at cruel malachai.

3. Yeah, I could use IC for my CWDT but I have 0 problems with those "heavy" hitters, powerful crit extra damage aura rhoas don't do anything to my ~30k armor with 3 endu charges when all is up I went with the extra armor from molten shell because I hated it when IC took away my endurance charges, it's mostly laziness. IC is stronger in 99% of the cases.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 24, 2015, 5:13:38 PM
Hey man. I am actually considering going Crit claw reave with this tree here.

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAQkEswthDkgPqxGWFCAV_Ra_IuokiyaVKCoqCyo4Kk01kjY9OuE8BTwtPfw_J0X0SshLV03jUEdRTFVLWGNd8l8_X7Bh4mKsZK9o8mqVbIxtbG6qb1dvnnBScNVyqXasdwd4GX1bgwmDX4PMhMWFUocTidOKOItPjDaMz5J9koCTkJd5mG-bapu1nKSdqqIAplemf6xHrY2vbLGztMW1SLXytz642b8AwGbA48GgwzrEWMT2xq7G2MpKz37WB9i92WHcI91I5FHlz-oY7UHvDu988B_xs_JF8-r2SPcy_gr-jw==

My question is do you think its worth to take VP with claws? If i did take VP i would mess with my tree a little bit because i do have some life regen which would be useless. This is for Warbands not Tempest
"
Kaharon wrote:
"
Destreaga wrote:

Thanks again!

1. There are at least 3 free gem slots in my current build (not including second weapons). I use those for leveling. Not sure what else I could put into my setup, maybe another CWDT with IC inc duration, would have to move around stuff though, not sure if I can manage 3 free linked slots.

2 CWDT setups would be perfect, one with enfeeble, somewhat lower level cwdt so it procs more often and a very high level CWDT with IC, inc duration and molten shell, I'll try to get it in.

2. Total HP if you follow the HC version is 181%. 2k HP act 2 cruel is fine. Go for more HP as you go into act 3/act 4 cruel, though, you should aim for 3,5k at cruel malachai.

3. Yeah, I could use IC for my CWDT but I have 0 problems with those "heavy" hitters, powerful crit extra damage aura rhoas don't do anything to my ~30k armor with 3 endu charges when all is up I went with the extra armor from molten shell because I hated it when IC took away my endurance charges, it's mostly laziness. IC is stronger in 99% of the cases.

Sorry lol, what I meant by gem slots is the gems on the passive tree, the new jewels haha, do you use any of the jewel slots?

Thanks for answering all questions

Oh! and I found my dps sky rocketing by dual equipping these

Or do you think I should stick with
in left hand instead?
"
Destreaga wrote:

Sorry lol, what I meant by gem slots is the gems on the passive tree, the new jewels haha, do you use any of the jewel slots?

in left hand instead?

I do use a jewel (the slot down at the duelist) with 5% Attack Speed, 5% Max Life, 10% Melee Damage but maybe I should switch it out, maybe 50% crit would be more beneficial, not sure yet. If I find a better jewel (with Life, Attack Speed, Crit Multi and Damage) it would be great.

I would go with the 220 dps claw (Agony Barb), your dps only skyrockets on the tooltip, overall you would deal MUCH more dps while using that 220 dps claw + relentless fury because you would only attack with your good claw (220 dps) and get the benefits of the relentless fury unique special stuff like culling strike and onslaught on culling strike while NOT attacking with the worse claw, which is much weaker.

"
XtraSalty wrote:

Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAQkEswthDkgPqxGWFCAV_Ra_IuokiyaVKCoqCyo4Kk01kjY9OuE8BTwtPfw_J0X0SshLV03jUEdRTFVLWGNd8l8_X7Bh4mKsZK9o8mqVbIxtbG6qb1dvnnBScNVyqXasdwd4GX1bgwmDX4PMhMWFUocTidOKOItPjDaMz5J9koCTkJd5mG-bapu1nKSdqqIAplemf6xHrY2vbLGztMW1SLXytz642b8AwGbA48GgwzrEWMT2xq7G2MpKz37WB9i92WHcI91I5FHlz-oY7UHvDu988B_xs_JF8-r2SPcy_gr-jw==

My question is do you think its worth to take VP with claws? If i did take VP i would mess with my tree a little bit because i do have some life regen which would be useless. This is for Warbands not Tempest

I would not recommend playing with VP as a claw user, you can choose between some very nice lgoh claws. I personally prefer lgoh claws and no VP. So you can keep your life regen AND get a lot of life back per attack, like VP high life leech would. 34 lgoh per attack seems more than enough in most cases and you still have your ~200 life regen per second (3,6% of 5,5k hp, those are my stats). VP has some major flaws such as bleeding, burning (or burning ground), desecrating ground, blood rage, degen effects from totems/bears/other enemies with that aura and viper strike of course. In the end you only get a little more than with a good lgoh claw but get all the negative effects of not having life regen.

@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 24, 2015, 6:15:27 PM
"
Kaharon wrote:
"
Destreaga wrote:

in left hand instead?

I do use a jewel (the slot down at the duelist) with 5% Attack Speed, 5% Max Life, 10% Melee Damage but maybe I should switch it out, maybe 50% crit would be more beneficial, not sure yet. If I find a better jewel (with Life, Attack Speed, Crit Multi and Damage) it would be great.

I would go with the 220 dps claw (Agony Barb), your dps only skyrockets on the tooltip, overall you would deal MUCH more dps while using that 220 dps claw + relentless fury because you would only attack with your good claw (220 dps) and get the benefits of the relentless fury unique special stuff like culling strike and onslaught on culling strike while NOT attacking with the worse claw, which is much weaker.

"
XtraSalty wrote:

Spoiler

I would not recommend playing with VP as a claw user, you can choose between some very nice lgoh claws. I personally prefer lgoh claws and no VP. So you can keep your life regen AND get a lot of life back per attack, like VP high life leech would. 34 lgoh per attack seems more than enough in most cases and you still have your ~200 life regen per second (3,6% of 5,5k hp, those are my stats). VP has some major flaws such as bleeding, burning (or burning ground), desecrating ground, blood rage, degen effects from totems/bears/other enemies with that aura and viper strike of course. In the end you only get a little more than with a good lgoh claw but get all the negative effects of not having life regen.

Thanks for the reply man. I am hoping the build i am doing will be tanky enough. plan on running AA and Determination.

This is the build. He uses Daggers..im going Claws https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1321402/page/1
Love your guide, one question regarding iron reflexes vs. Acro. Sorry I am posting from phone so I will keep it short. Can you explain in greater detail why you felt iron reflexes is more tanky? On paper shouldn't 40% attack dodge for only -10% block be more tanky? I run acro on my build please convince me to switch :)
Hi again kaharon how do you achieve 14k armor ? Do you tooldps when you are on jade flask and granite flask or without ?
"
link1313 wrote:
Love your guide, one question regarding iron reflexes vs. Acro. Sorry I am posting from phone so I will keep it short. Can you explain in greater detail why you felt iron reflexes is more tanky? On paper shouldn't 40% attack dodge for only -10% block be more tanky? I run acro on my build please convince me to switch :)

With The Awakening they increased the damage output of quite a lot of enemies if not all. Now elemental damage is barely noticeable if you have 75% all res or even higher but physical damage can kill you easily. It can kill you quickly especially if you have 0 armor and only depend on evasion, block and dodge. Those are % chances of you NOT getting hit but in the end you will get hit and if you get unlucky with a pack that hits quite hard and they hit you, you will take crazy amounts of damage. As soon as I switched to Iron Reflexes I saw a heavy decline in my health dropping below 50%, as I was playing Acro I had this quite a lot, health drops below 50%, I heal back up with lgoh within a second but it felt sketchy, I didn't want to drop that often/much. Now I play as armor, I have not dropped in health below 50% a single time, I've run about 50+ 77 and higher maps and never did I drop lower than 50% health.

I play very carefully and dodge most of the dangerous stuff but in the end it depends on your defensives, I could have easily been killed by an unlucky pack as acro but my survivabilty is much better with armor.

In the end it is your choice whether you play armor or evasion, I highly recommend armor, though.

"
_Betamax_ wrote:
Hi again kaharon how do you achieve 14k armor ? Do you tooldps when you are on jade flask and granite flask or without ?

Completely without any flasks used/frenzy charges, with frenzy charges I go up to about 16k I think, 4% evasion per frenzy charge. With flasks and charges I almost have 29k armor.

Full defenses, 7 frenzy charges, both flasks, 3 endurance charges, fortify.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 25, 2015, 8:15:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info