1 claw dual wield reave, tanky and great clearspeed [HC] [budget]

Isn't sketchy running Blood Rage with only 3,6% regen on tree? What about less %regen maps?

"
oRieLLi wrote:
Isn't sketchy running Blood Rage with only 3,6% regen on tree? What about less %regen maps?

Even done some no regen maps, mostly no problem if you are quick enough, you lgoh and leech so much life back. Just as always, be careful of everything.
@litto or @kaharon
Was fun until I died in tempest league at level 37.
Hey, very nice guide to HC reave! allready ripped 2 x 87 on tempest i was struggling what to roll next and then i saw this, i was like oh yes, HC viable melee build which isnt some block or cyclone thingy.

Started yesterday and grinded to 42, have to say that migitation isnt good and sometimes taking alot of damage BUT using a claw on early lvls helps insanely! changed to claw at lvl 37, bought a pretty decent one from poe.trade and after that havent had much problems staying alive :)

I went the duelist path since i allways like to keep builds little bit of my "own" so the pathing is like counter clockwise so to speak.

Will keep this updated and see how far i can get this one. This might be the first to break the 90 barrier!

I'm level 54 now and face tanking mostly everything in act 3 cruel so far. I'm following the guide, but opted for survival nodes first until the claw dmg. nodes. I didn't get my dmg. nodes until the 40's. I used a shield and 1H weapon until level 30 or so since I had no good leveling gear or evasion.

My armor is only 600, but I guess my evasion is high enough to never really be in trouble. My resists are capped, and I'm racing towards iron reflexes. So far, I've spent 8~ chaos or so for upgrades, 4 of which was for my chest piece so the build is very cheap. I'm farming with good speed at Docks so I'm happy : ). Great guide, really doubted it in the early levels but it really kicks up once you get a 4 link with multistrike and faster attack. I'm able to run grace and HOA with no problem with mana leech. Just commenting to let you guys know this build is viable in Tempest. I'm no expert at this game and I'm doing fine.
What are the best claw type we can use ? cat's paw, gemini, etc ?
"
Thundderz wrote:
What are the best claw type we can use ? cat's paw, gemini, etc ?

If you have a Soul Taker or have invested in Spirit Void and maybe even a jewel with +2 mana gained on hit, "Eye Gouger" has the most LGOH/Attackspeed/DPS ratio. If you have a choice and/or want to craft, pick an Eye Gouger.

If you don't have a Soul Taker or Spirit Void & mana gained on hit jewel, pick a Gemini Claw because it resolves a lot of the mana issues you will have until you get a Soul Taker.

"
I'm level 54 now and face tanking mostly everything in act 3 cruel so far. I'm following the guide, but opted for survival nodes first until the claw dmg. nodes. I didn't get my dmg. nodes until the 40's. I used a shield and 1H weapon until level 30 or so since I had no good leveling gear or evasion.

My armor is only 600, but I guess my evasion is high enough to never really be in trouble. My resists are capped, and I'm racing towards iron reflexes. So far, I've spent 8~ chaos or so for upgrades, 4 of which was for my chest piece so the build is very cheap. I'm farming with good speed at Docks so I'm happy : ). Great guide, really doubted it in the early levels but it really kicks up once you get a 4 link with multistrike and faster attack. I'm able to run grace and HOA with no problem with mana leech. Just commenting to let you guys know this build is viable in Tempest. I'm no expert at this game and I'm doing fine.

Hmm yeah, I played with 0 investment (new hardcore league) in my build up to about level 80. Ran with a 90 pdps claw until 74, had a 138 pdps claw drop then and played with it up to higher 80's.

Like I said in the video, you don't have to worry about gear.

This build is very cheap and effective (while still being fun [imo]), you can even run it without any cost, like I did, up to very high levels without problems.

- Updated OP on which claws to choose if you have a choice.
@litto or @kaharon
Last edited by Kaharon on Jul 28, 2015, 4:11:06 PM
when does the damage of this build start to show? im doing 220 at lvl 23 using reave and a unique dreadarc cleaver
"
mettawp wrote:
when does the damage of this build start to show? im doing 220 at lvl 23 using reave and a unique dreadarc cleaver

I can only assume because you give so little information to work with.

220 dps is

1) just on tooltip, depending on your claw, you could have more or less damage than that
2) way more than fine for level 23, not sure what you exactly want to do with enemies aside from simply one-shotting them. There are builds out there that are stronger and much easier to play. This build is for people who like a quick playstyle with good defenses and very high clearspeed while being a melee.
3) not telling me much, are you using support gems? is your weapon a white claw?

As you wrote me in the pm you are using herald of thunder, which is much weaker than Hatred/Herald of Ash if you have a half-way decent claw (read: ~30 pdps for your level or so, which is pretty easy to craft with the recipe). Get Hatred and HoA running and you will see a jump in dps, maybe you can
@litto or @kaharon
Hey Kaharon,
I'm doing around 440 dps with reave at level 30 on this set-up:

I am killing mobs in around two or three hits and blues in 5-6 hits of reave. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Last edited by jackmwp on Jul 29, 2015, 12:43:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info