Constant lag spikes

It also had been getting worse for me, there are scary moments where i'm frozen for up to 10 seconds, i'm currently trying to find a solution on my own since the devs don't seem to care, i'll post updates if i manage to improve my situation
I just thought my internet was shitty. Didn't know everybody else had the same issue.
So i decided to give a VPN a try, registered for a year with one of the best company and here's the result

Not only is the freezing worse but enemies also freezes, and once everything gets unstuck the game catches up at an insane speed
Same thing happens for me, either It lags and everything goes super fast afterwards or Ill be stuck in place and swarmed, spam all my seethings in hopes of survivng and spamming flame dash.

This really sucks, I was super pumped to come back and play awakening and this is the experience I get. If noone from GGG or the support team comments on this post Im going to continually bump it till they do. I hate not being able to play.
This is wrecking me, as well. I've decided not to play hardcore this time around and thank God for that. My issue is that the lag spikes are short, but freeze the game for about a second, then the game catches up really fast. The latency jump will go from 33ms to between 130-750ms.

Doesn't happen all the time. I can play for a few hours (as I did tonight) and it will barely happen. Then other times it'll happen every few seconds for upwards of an hour typically leading me to getting fed up and playing something else. At first I was blaming my roommate for downloading things, but this happens even if it's just me at home.

There have been a few times where I died to this, and I'm a careful (read slow) player.
"
damientalrose wrote:
This is wrecking me, as well. I've decided not to play hardcore this time around and thank God for that. My issue is that the lag spikes are short, but freeze the game for about a second, then the game catches up really fast. The latency jump will go from 33ms to between 130-750ms.

Doesn't happen all the time. I can play for a few hours (as I did tonight) and it will barely happen. Then other times it'll happen every few seconds for upwards of an hour typically leading me to getting fed up and playing something else. At first I was blaming my roommate for downloading things, but this happens even if it's just me at home.

Similar scenario.

Unplayable freezing/spikes for the past few days. Happens on all three U.S. servers. It's currently 4AM in EST timezones, so you'd think the amount of players on Wash D.C. server has gone down significantly, but the issue is still just as prevalent as it was during primetime.

I have taken a bunch of WinMTR / Pingplotter logs to either gateway IPs or the specific instances I am in. If anyone from GGG is reading this thread, where could I send these logs?
Last edited by herohigh on Jul 21, 2015, 4:40:49 AM
Yesterday was a bit better on the Frankfurt servers, today it's back to the unplayable state. :|
Last night probably around 8pm EST I started getting these lag spikes. Just literally locked into place for 3+ minutes. Only survivable by constantly holding down the mouse button spamming TS on myself until the server catches up or whatever. It sadly has continued on into this morning. Tried all the different US servers with no difference except that maybe Cali lagged even more if possible than DC which is my main. Thank god I'm going on vacation tomorrow and this shit will hopefully be resolved by next week. Would really appreciate some dev insight or at least acknowledgement of this issue in the thread...
Well same thing this morning, tried 4 different gateways.
Almost died to puncture when the game was "catching up" cuz it just went crazy. Well, back to HOTS.
I feel bad for HC player who bought supporter packs, they probably want their money back.
Love a game - support it paying money - game is unplayable.
Ongoing, really don't wanna play tempest anymore just to lose yet another character to it.

I know its what I signed up for when playing hardcore, but I expected the servers to not be shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info