Constant lag spikes

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I have not had an issue until this afternoon. Posting in hopes of a fix soon.
This problem began happening to me today. I thought someone was downloading something on my network and using all the bandwidth, but when I checked speedtest.net, everything looked fine. It seems like I'm only getting this lag on PoE, and it's pretty frustrating :/. For what it's worth, I have Verizon FiOS and my ping is currently jumping from ~50 ms to 350+ ms when I usually get ~16 ms constant on the Dallas gateway.

EDIT: It seems to have gone back to normal for now. I was having spikes every 5 seconds for most of the day, but I'm back to a stable 16ms again. I'm not sure what changed or if it was related to an issue Verizon/GGG was having, but I just wanted to update my own situation.
Last edited by PAJAMAMONSTER on Jul 28, 2015, 11:12:13 PM
Yeah the last hour or so the game has been nearly unplayable on the Dallas gateway, ping shot up to 50 with spikes up to 800 every few seconds. I am on Verizon is that matters.
+1

Odd spikes on TX server...and I probably live 15 minutes from it lol.

pls fix. Think of the children.
Same has been happening to me since release. Ping always bounces from 30 to 300 constantly. I am from Ohio and have tried to play on Texas and Washington gateway but it dosn't matter.
Yep, Game is unplayable. Some IT guy downloading dirty movies prob.
Still no GGG comment on this problem? dang.
"
Deathfly7 wrote:
Yep, Game is unplayable. Some IT guy downloading dirty movies prob.

LMFAO.
Yep I am also in Dallas and its terrible! I have Fios as well and cant get a steady connection to save my life.
For me and my friends the lag spikes seem to get worse during the evening and other peak times. Seriously disappointed if this is going to be an ongoing trend...was really enjoying the game.

(edit: Seems our problems were with the Texas server. Occasionally we would get great connections with Texas, but every time you zoned there was a chance of a horrible connection. Tried California even though it was listed as slightly worse on the front page, no problems at all, just a slightly worse latency overall.

What inspired trying this was seeing that many complaints in this thread are regarding the Texas or Washington Servers, but none seemed to mention California.)
Last edited by Ashilana on Jul 29, 2015, 5:53:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info