[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

It is indeed avery nice skill, especially since the buff/fix. Personally I would highly recommend using this one or reave for leveling just because it is way safer.

It is possible to level with dual strike from the very beginning till the endgame (I did it by myself) but dual strike is one of the closest melee skills that I know which means you are quite dangered.

I would probably use it at least until you can afford a 5l chest and compare both skills after that.

Dual strike is a very strong skill but it isn't that easy to play with as other skills. Just keep that in mind when you are leveling and you will see if you like it more at some point or not ;)
I still have dual strike i use dual strike for boss fights and smaller groups where frost blades is my aoe to keep from being over ran. can u suggest what to link to frost blades just to give it that extra umph

when i got to merciless i had 1,7k hp and i was dying like a chicken. then i got some HP, some res, and i still die like a chicken. i know how to play, im not some 10 yo kid with 2 left hands, i do everything to keep myself alive but it doesnt matter, there is always this 1 monster that will 1 shot me.

End-game of this build is:
5k hp
full resists
160k dps

now i got:
4khp
+- 50% resists
100k dps

and i cant even solo tier2 map boss :). ofc i will manage to kill him but at what cost? 1-2 deaths ?, and its TIER 2 MAP, when i almost got full build. i was curious and went for tier6 boss, 1shot1kill(boss on me ofc). but i killed him somehow after 5 deaths. and there is atziri :D:D (im not even trying this shit, when some low lvl bosses 1 hit me).

There is no reason to play this build unless u want to end your game after merciless. Im almost fully geared and compared to other friends (same lvl as me) i die like 500% more. and trust me, i know how to play and i play carefully and i got some reflex, its not that i make whirling blades into pack of 10000 monsters and i die. THis build is just 2 squishy. I mean what's the point of having this dps when u die INSTANTLY. I dont complain when i die cuz i didnt dodge something or whatever. Im just mad when i die 10-15 times per lvl by 1 hit instantly, gone, bb. this build is good for rushing through maps AND SKIPPING ALL THE BOSSES CAUSE U WILL DIE BY 1 HIT ANYWAY.

in conclusion: im not saying your build is bad or something, its just not end-game-friendly.

This game is bad for melee. u just cant play melee unless you r tank or got 10000000 hp. melee dps? forget it.

so for me its end of my adventure in this game, pointless playing melee, when u can pick some trap throwing/spell casting/flicker dashing shit and watch evyrything die on the screen when u r not even near the monster/danger.

btw.
(me)lvl 75 shadow, death count: 300 :)
(my friend) lvl 77 witch, death count: 40

and trust me, i play quite good, ofc i was dying cause of some stupid moves, but mostly cause this game is VERY NOT - VIABLE for melee players. for melee u should have at least 8k hp, with this build u get 5k, forget about doing anything harder than cruel bosses without dying.
It is no build for hardcore ;)

I see your point but tbh I experienced the same things when I recommended it to a friend of mine. When I leveled a new character with dual strike I got to level 80 with like 20-30 deaths, he reached level 60 with 500 deaths :D

I don't really know why, it is a glass cannon build which means you will have some problems with certain mobs. I totally agree that melee is weak compared to anything that is ranged, especially something like dual strike. Almost no other skill needs such close combat as dual strike does (which sucks especially against those high phys damage mobs like the tentacle mobs from piety who curse vulnerability on hit).

It should be possible to get this build tankier but I can't tell if that would make a huge difference, I mean having 5k or 6k hp doesn't make a big difference if you get hit by such melee attacks while using abyssus.

I am quite curious against which boss you died, usually I avoid something like village ruin bosses (like almost everyone does as far as I know).
i like this game and i'd like to play more but with this character that i made i cant ;x. just pointless, dying 10 times per lvl is just pointless :D.

"
I am quite curious against which boss you died, usually I avoid something like village ruin bosses (like almost everyone does as far as I know).

often against those big-ass melee attacking bosses (thx abyssus), but mostly against every boss, like 1 time i was doing ARENA map tier 4 ?. i got laaged for 0,2s and those big female monuments with spears killed me. u cant have a single little laag with this build while fighting.

so tell me: cause now im wondering, better play this shadow and respec for something end-game-friendly or just make a new ranger character... -_-
If you have the currency just make a mjölner build with kingsguard and voll's devotion. I have seen one guy playing it, it is absurdly tanky and you deal enough damage for endgame maps.

There are also lots of cheap builds, almost anything with traps and totems is safer because you just run away and try to dodge.

If you don't want to die often (my oldest dual strike character has about 700 deaths) I wouldn't recommend this skill. If you want to play with this skill (and don't die often) I probably wouldn't play with abyssus, either you should go high life and leech with axes (champion or slayer duelist) or crit with rat's nest and some good defences like acrobatics.
You can also try to use lightning coil but I can't tell if that will make it much safer, with laags you will probably still die.
Hello! I have been using this build now for a while and need some help on how to continue item wise. Im having some trouble surviving in the higher tier maps and could use some help. I have about 130 chaos at my disposal.

Spoiler

Edit: I could use some guideline with my tree too, I have come this far https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGA4cEsQUtBbUHHgxzDY0OSBEvEZYV9ha_G60j0yP2JP0mlSoLKwos4TB8Nj1DMUcGSVFKfUz_TZJOKlFHVUtW9VeXW69d8mHiYnlirGqMbIxvJ3BScFZ07XX9eu97FH11feOEb4d2idOMNo19jb-OipAKkBuVLpVml9CaE5pqnaqi2aOKrGaw2LGztMW1SLk-wuzIFNN-1ELYdtrB227b1Nvn45_nVOtj7g7w1fVv_MX-uv_e

Where should I go next? Maybe change something? Would be happy if you could help me :)
Last edited by Xevs on Mar 21, 2016, 1:01:55 PM
You are definitely missing enduring cry and a cwdt setup / self-cast immortal call. I would at least use enduring cry for the extra defence from endurance charges.

I like the passive tree, are you able to sustain mana tho?

The main problem you have (I guess) is that you can't curse the enemies often enough. I don't see any source of lightning damage to proc herald of lightning all the time.

My recommendation: use assassin's mark with blasphemy and try something else than weapon elemental damage. Maybe faster attacks, added fire or crit chance / crit multi.

I also can't find any ascendancy class which you definitely should get (I recommend assassin)
Thank you for your quick reply! I will try to get the gem setups. Should I get phys to lightning gem instead? And if yes which one should I replace it with? Im using Hatred and Herald of Ash so I cant use blashphemy, dont have enough mana for it.

I forgot to add in ascendancy but I have assassin, and what should I replace next, item wise?
Last edited by Xevs on Mar 21, 2016, 6:30:48 PM
"
renimek wrote:

when i got to merciless i had 1,7k hp and i was dying like a chicken. then i got some HP, some res, and i still die like a chicken. i know how to play, im not some 10 yo kid with 2 left hands, i do everything to keep myself alive but it doesnt matter, there is always this 1 monster that will 1 shot me.

End-game of this build is:
5k hp
full resists
160k dps

now i got:
4khp
+- 50% resists
100k dps

and i cant even solo tier2 map boss :). ofc i will manage to kill him but at what cost? 1-2 deaths ?, and its TIER 2 MAP, when i almost got full build. i was curious and went for tier6 boss, 1shot1kill(boss on me ofc). but i killed him somehow after 5 deaths. and there is atziri :D:D (im not even trying this shit, when some low lvl bosses 1 hit me).

There is no reason to play this build unless u want to end your game after merciless. Im almost fully geared and compared to other friends (same lvl as me) i die like 500% more. and trust me, i know how to play and i play carefully and i got some reflex, its not that i make whirling blades into pack of 10000 monsters and i die. THis build is just 2 squishy. I mean what's the point of having this dps when u die INSTANTLY. I dont complain when i die cuz i didnt dodge something or whatever. Im just mad when i die 10-15 times per lvl by 1 hit instantly, gone, bb. this build is good for rushing through maps AND SKIPPING ALL THE BOSSES CAUSE U WILL DIE BY 1 HIT ANYWAY.

in conclusion: im not saying your build is bad or something, its just not end-game-friendly.

This game is bad for melee. u just cant play melee unless you r tank or got 10000000 hp. melee dps? forget it.

so for me its end of my adventure in this game, pointless playing melee, when u can pick some trap throwing/spell casting/flicker dashing shit and watch evyrything die on the screen when u r not even near the monster/danger.

btw.
(me)lvl 75 shadow, death count: 300 :)
(my friend) lvl 77 witch, death count: 40

and trust me, i play quite good, ofc i was dying cause of some stupid moves, but mostly cause this game is VERY NOT - VIABLE for melee players. for melee u should have at least 8k hp, with this build u get 5k, forget about doing anything harder than cruel bosses without dying.

I love dual strike and use it a lot, although my build is a bit different from bro AquaFreeze.I`m currently having ur theory of 'endgame of this build'. lvl92, 5200hp, full res, dmg varies from 100k to 270k according to my gem links and numbers of power charges.The current situation of mine is that I could clean T13-14 maps very smoothly by using this build. One suggestion that could improve our survivablity is to take off the 'Abyssus' and take on the combination of 'enfeeble+ blasphemy'. Also, an invest on life leech would be quite valuable.

The below is my current gear, and it still have many parts could be improved. The cost of them is 20-30ex. For a poe build, the dw dual strike is surely not the cheapest. But anyway, we have good look and smooth experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info