How to increase Divination Cards drop rate?

"
HairyBotter wrote:
"
Truper17 wrote:
I thought they were pointless from the time they were first announced, and playing with them in the game confirms my impression.

In other words, I never expect to complete a set.

Yesterday i completed a Celestial Justicar Set on Warbands. Found 2 myself, bought the other 4.

A 6 Link All-Res-Plate for less than 6Ex (slightly less than 1Ex each card) felt REALLY Rewarding farming and aiming for!

Edit: Yes i know the roll aint epic, but for now it does the job just fine.
I reroll once i can try my luck 40 or 50 times.

So just buy them. Got it.
"
Taganov wrote:
"
HairyBotter wrote:
"
Truper17 wrote:
I thought they were pointless from the time they were first announced, and playing with them in the game confirms my impression.

In other words, I never expect to complete a set.

Yesterday i completed a Celestial Justicar Set on Warbands. Found 2 myself, bought the other 4.

A 6 Link All-Res-Plate for less than 6Ex (slightly less than 1Ex each card) felt REALLY Rewarding farming and aiming for!

Edit: Yes i know the roll aint epic, but for now it does the job just fine.
I reroll once i can try my luck 40 or 50 times.

So just buy them. Got it.

Pretty much how anything works in this game. GGG likes to shove trading down people's throats. Fucking self found players.
The drop rates for Div cards are totally crap. In my group of friends, about 10 people, nobody has anything positive to say about them. The drop rates are way to low and the farming aspect is to boring (don't get me wrong, i don't mind farming, but the amount of runs you need seems to pass from farming into obsessing).

I had such high hopes for the cards, and to only have gotten 4 in 70 levels, all of which are lame sets, doe not inspire me to play more. All in all the games drop rates are just not where they need to be. The balance of reward vs time put forth is not balanced.

my 2 cents.

Kauai
Divination card feel like an item made for scammer/trader.... ppl spam all day trade chan for buy cheap card to noob wich dont know what is it for make the item and make huge profit.

And plz remove this ***** hp armor card.

And plz make all card drop in high lvl area no one want farm 20-30lvl area lower than your lvl if you do that you feel like a robot wich play a video game, its the same error as atziri fragment its annoying to see the same error.
Last edited by keta on Jul 20, 2015, 2:46:11 AM
"
keta wrote:
Divination card feel like an item made for scammer/trader.... ppl spam all day trade chan for buy cheap card to noob wich dont know what is it for make the item and make huge profit.

And plz remove this ***** hp armor card.

And plz make all card drop in high lvl area no one want farm 20-30lvl area lower than your lvl if you do that you feel like a robot wich play a video game, its the same error as atziri fragment its annoying to see the same error.

Just make them all drop everywhere. Increased drop rates in certain areas for specific cards. Problem solved. The fact that don't drop in maps is mind boggling. I am pretty sure GGG develops the game high.
higher lvl map drop more reliably. Farming Arsenal atm, it drops 3x chaos card very reliably(more than 2 drop per map) and can drop 3x exalt card. It's the best gift possible for higher level players. Getting chaos in regal maps balance even map rolling costs.

It also helps when choosing doing a map or another. Some cards are more reliable than others, if you play ONLY alched chennal maps(lvl69) you'll get a tabula and few high ilvl life armors at the end of the day for example. Same the 10 vaal orbs card is way more reliable than it first look.

It really help focusing your farm on smthing. For instance a player farming Shipyard all day to level up will get roughly 20 -40 more fuses at the end of the day.

Also having +5c when running poorjoy is fine. (what seems to happen once per run) ^^

Tbh I find it quite ok!

(and about the fellshrine loots, atm players who run fellshrine play hardcore OR are in trouble in standard league/standard, it really help them)
Last edited by galuf on Jul 20, 2015, 8:18:07 AM
I decided to farm Merc Fellshrine for a while to re-level all my level 19.9 gems (thanks GGG). After about 6 hours of farming with +100 iiq, I found 0 Celestial Justicars, but I finished a set of the 10 GCP cards. Oh and the Lifesprig set.

So basically I got 10 free GCPs for dedicating my farming time to a specific zone. Game confirmed getting easier.
I know, I know, it's the popular thing to complain about how trading is 'necessary' for these (and everything else).

But it is mathematically impossible for trading to be more expensive than crafting, short of making items or crafting features account-bound.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Does anyone know if the The Celestial Justicar card is warbands only? None on POE trade standard league and I have been farming for ages.
IGN - Endoplasm
I have found like 5 of the single gem cutter cards that you need 3 of them to turn into for 1 GCP in the mines on merciless act 4 in about 30 minutes. Yeah it's not the best set of cards but they do drop there at a good pace unless I really lucked out with RNG. I have also found a few of the gladiator cards in the arena act 4 cruel. I too was wondering if there are specific zones they drop and how to raise your chances to get them. Is there a wiki somewhere?
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Last edited by Zazzaro703 on Aug 12, 2015, 2:08:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info