Announcing the Emberwake Race Season!

still no alt art rigvalds or terminus :-/
If it doesn't touch the client then we can't ban for it. -Chris
"
GGG, guys, why are you forcing me NOT to race? The rewards are 10 chaos in aggregate before we get to 1000. Let's get some usable shit in there!

NO USELESS RACE REWARDS

Yeah, if you don't consider that each prize is Alt Art, and normally runs for a very high amount outside of the season compared to normal art.
Must be dumb : how many points are awarded to whom in those races ? Where can I find the decription of what is a descent race or a burst ?

But I agree on one point : you have to be a no-life to be able to compete in this game (races or leagues). Skill is clearly one thing needed and that's normal. But free time is also mandatory. I find it rather sad, though I see the point for a company that needs to earn money.
1 Hour Emberwake? No detailed infos for this race?
Too bad Seasons (races) aren't for Western Europeans, the starting time of the races are just sad. Made for Americans mostly and European basement nerds without jobs and life. :(
- Checking PoE streams since March 2012 -
- Playing since Open Beta -
"
Nuro wrote:
"
105731337 wrote:

Why do sub-par players complain they can't win anything?

Because there are two issues.

One is that if the point requirements between rewards is too high there is little incentive for someone to continue participating when they know they will be unable to reach another reward. The solution to this is to either add more reward options or have some way to show off previous points reached in a less discrete way.

The other is the time requirements to even be able to compete. While the excitement of everyone racing at the same time can be enjoyable, having every race on a fixed schedule causes more harm than good. The rewards have to be balanced around how many points people who earn the most can acquire. To earn the most you need a lack of schedule and lack of external commitments in order to fit in a large portion of the races. No matter how skilled you are, if you have a job with long hours you're going to be unable to reach higher point values simply because you can't race on your own time.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I love this game, but seldom have I had the time to put into racing, so I would just play casually. However, with 2.0 being released I'm going to try my best to participate in races, leagues, etc., when and where I can. I've thoroughly enjoyed experiencing this game again, with how it's been restructured, it's definitely been a great experience (for the most part, some of the changes make me a bit sad, lol).
"
1 Hour Emberwake? No detailed infos for this race?

Patience, grasshopper!
Censored.
"
Illuvatar_82 wrote:
"
Nuro wrote:
"
105731337 wrote:

Why do sub-par players complain they can't win anything?

Because there are two issues.

One is that if the point requirements between rewards is too high there is little incentive for someone to continue participating when they know they will be unable to reach another reward. The solution to this is to either add more reward options or have some way to show off previous points reached in a less discrete way.

The other is the time requirements to even be able to compete. While the excitement of everyone racing at the same time can be enjoyable, having every race on a fixed schedule causes more harm than good. The rewards have to be balanced around how many points people who earn the most can acquire. To earn the most you need a lack of schedule and lack of external commitments in order to fit in a large portion of the races. No matter how skilled you are, if you have a job with long hours you're going to be unable to reach higher point values simply because you can't race on your own time.

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I love this game, but seldom have I had the time to put into racing, so I would just play casually. However, with 2.0 being released I'm going to try my best to participate in races, leagues, etc., when and where I can. I've thoroughly enjoyed experiencing this game again, with how it's been restructured, it's definitely been a great experience (for the most part, some of the changes make me a bit sad, lol).

There's a reason races later in the season have lottery drawings to win some of the prizes. It gives everyone a chance at winning most of the rewards. I forget where the lotteries cap out for rewards, but I think it's the 250 tier.

But the requirement to make sure you get those top-tier rewards should be formidable.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
booty
Lack of party races and no endless ledge.

Race seasons should also have fun elements to them not just competitive or time challenges. Don't get me wrong, I love racing but I enjoy the opportunity to play with friends on these races and the endless ledge is just awesome.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info