Announcing the Emberwake Race Season!

Another worthless unique I won't be able to grind for.

So how would prolif work on this ring?
Last edited by ZaM on Jul 16, 2015, 8:56:00 AM
there is no cutthroat. how am I to clear the achievement when THERE IS NO CUTTHROAT!!!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 16, 2015, 9:37:49 AM
GGG, guys, why are you forcing me NOT to race? The rewards are 10 chaos in aggregate before we get to 1000. Let's get some usable shit in there!

NO USELESS RACE REWARDS
Looks like a bunch of trash items to me, definitely not worth all the hours of time investment.
Would rather like to see more attention to PvP/PvP events. :)
Or if you do race seasons, make it worthwhile. Especially in the lower point categories with good items for newbies.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Racing is a GREAT way for less experienced players to learn some skills and get used to a tougher environment. After a coupla races with tough mods, basic play seems much easier. Plus, the prizes aren't bad. =^[.]^=

Well said.
I've been out of the loop for a long time so maybe the number of points received is higher or easier to acquire now, but seeing so few rewards (especially on the lower end) feels rather disappointing.
"
Sigh, unless the race points are significantly upped for races once again only a very small group of racers can achieve the top item. For most average racers, they will only qualify for the bottom three items and they are pretty ordinary. Ever since season 9 the reward format has been rubbish.

I'll be investing the minimum amount of time in this season to secure one or two of those two-stone rings and then I'll head back to the main game and won't even bother with the rest of the season.

They won't be upped, the less people that get the alt art emberwake the better.

Why do sub-par players complain they can't win anything? news flash: sub-par players don't win anything, I know, I'm one of them. And that's a good thing. Top prizes should go to those who deserve them, not idiots like myself that have no skill. Step your game up, don't expect it to lower itself to you.
Last edited by 105731337 on Jul 16, 2015, 11:11:44 AM
Why there won't be endless ledge races anymore? I liked those the most. :(
What is the reason behind Emberwake ring reward? Are nolifers not powerful enough?
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
"
105731337 wrote:

Why do sub-par players complain they can't win anything?

Because there are two issues.

One is that if the point requirements between rewards is too high there is little incentive for someone to continue participating when they know they will be unable to reach another reward. The solution to this is to either add more reward options or have some way to show off previous points reached in a less discrete way.

The other is the time requirements to even be able to compete. While the excitement of everyone racing at the same time can be enjoyable, having every race on a fixed schedule causes more harm than good. The rewards have to be balanced around how many points people who earn the most can acquire. To earn the most you need a lack of schedule and lack of external commitments in order to fit in a large portion of the races. No matter how skilled you are, if you have a job with long hours you're going to be unable to reach higher point values simply because you can't race on your own time.
Last edited by Nuro on Jul 16, 2015, 11:56:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info