[2.0] Rathik's Shotgunless Barrage COC. New build. Much stronger now. Boss killer.

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Followed your guide and loving it..only problem im having is not being able to sustain mana with volls and romira on with ic. Any tips u can send me way?

TIA
"
ZrxLvR wrote:
Followed your guide and loving it..only problem im having is not being able to sustain mana with volls and romira on with ic. Any tips u can send me way?

TIA

Link tree, gear and jewels.

The build can easily do No regen maps, its weird you are running out of mana.

Also don't use Romira's ring, Cold snap is much better. With Cold snap you will always have 5-6 power charges up, Romira's will just eat them with no benefit what so ever.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 12, 2015, 6:06:45 AM
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 12, 2015, 5:57:10 AM
Hi, what do you think about using Voidbringers as gloves since they also give lots of Energy shield? I have Legacy Maligaros and a pair of Voidbringers but im unsure on what to use, Voidbringers give a nice boost on Energyshield.

BTW, whats the minimum of Critchance and Accuracy you have to have with Barrage to make coc work decently?
Last edited by Napster4 on Oct 12, 2015, 11:55:16 AM
"
Napster4 wrote:
Hi, what do you think about using Voidbringers as gloves since they also give lots of Energy shield? I have Legacy Maligaros and a pair of Voidbringers but im unsure on what to use, Voidbringers give a nice boost on Energyshield.

BTW, whats the minimum of Critchance and Accuracy you have to have with Barrage to make coc work decently?

Stacking ES is not a good idea since flask or leech doesn't work with it.
Only jewels on hit work with it.

And of course the main problem with them is the increase mana cost. You 13 mana cost barrage will cost 23-24 mana and that is way to expensive. You can argue that you can use elreon rings but then again you will be giving up higher stats from a higher ilvl ring.

The stats on Maligaros are far superior. The attack speed is also needed so you can easily get to 2.3 APS. Also the crit on maligaros is global which means it effects both barrage and spells.

I wouldn't use them. I would even use a decent rare instead of them.

Accuracy is very important, thats our main focus of our rings and some of our jewels. If you can get something like 87%+ accuracy you are fine. That said, it pretty much only matters on uber Atziri.

Barrage crit chance is not hard to cap, look for at least a 10.5% base crit wand.

Trash are no issue what so ever and most of the hard bosses you will be using volls amu + IC + cold snap, its not a DPS race, they will die eventually, even if it takes 30 seconds more to kill them.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 12, 2015, 3:16:25 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
ZrxLvR wrote:

TIA

Also don't use Romira's ring, Cold snap is much better. With Cold snap you will always have 5-6 power charges up, Romira's will just eat them with no benefit what so ever.

I should have said that I only run out of mana with trying to tank boss like you were doing with malformation, in normal maps its not an issue, also I have no clue on how to link items and gear. :P
"
ZrxLvR wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
ZrxLvR wrote:

TIA

I should have said that I only run out of mana with trying to tank boss like you were doing with malformation, in normal maps its not an issue, also I have no clue on how to link items and gear. :P

Are you using a +2 mana on hit jewel?
Thats core in the build, you need at least 1 and you should also have 1 for back up.

To link something, click on your character avatar on top left, then left click the item you want to link.
IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 13, 2015, 1:43:51 AM
Yo mate. I started this build in the Flashback league, dont have currency to buy voll's ammy and 6l chest atm: i will start with a Tabula Rasa for sure. So i was wondering: is EE so efficient? and, can i take Vaal Pact or i need the voll's gear?
Another question: if im going to use EE i need to have the wand without x-y fire/light/cold to spell damge right?
and Elreon's ring is strictly necessary or warlord's mark and the jewel is ok for mana?
Last edited by Serge91 on Oct 13, 2015, 6:57:23 AM
"
Serge91 wrote:
Yo mate. I started this build in the Flashback league, dont have currency to buy voll's ammy and 6l chest atm: i will start with a Tabula Rasa for sure. So i was wondering: is EE so efficient? and, can i take Vaal Pact or i need the voll's gear?
Another question: if im going to use EE i need to have the wand without x-y fire/light/cold to spell damge right?
and Elreon's ring is strictly necessary or warlord's mark and the jewel is ok for mana?

A +2 mana jewel is a must, use two of them if your mana pool is not big enough.

EE is extremely efficient, its kinda like a level 31 elemental weakness.
You must not have ele dmg on anything, not rings, amu, gloves etc if you want to use a variety of spells on your barrage.

For example, if you using fireball and arctic breath you can have lightning damage on your gear (on spells and attacks) but that means you can't use Arc to replace fireball or arctic breath.
I recommend not have any elemental damage from gear. If you are doing a map that has +80% monsters fire resistance, you will clear a lot faster if u replace fireball with arc.
You want to be flexible so you can adapt on a variety of map mods.

Example map below, endurance charges + 41% more life + 80% fire resistance.
http://i.imgur.com/0gx75hu.png

Elreons ring is not needed.

With tabula rasa use Assassin's Mark + Spell + Spell.
Replace Assassin's Mark with power charge on crit for single target. Make heavy use of flask to counter the loss of life leech.

Volls Amulet is basically to trivialize boss fights, you can still kill them with out it but you need to dodge there dangerous attacks.

The build has no life regen skill nodes, so you are not loosing anything if you take Vaal Pact. That said, if you using tabula rasa with AM you won't have any leech but if you are using PCOC and CWDT + WM you will get the benefit from instant leech.
If you can manage a way to get a dual curse setup, even better.

IGN Riokar | My guides
Last edited by Rathik2 on Oct 13, 2015, 2:53:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info