[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

It looks like the bandit bonuses have changed since the mentioned 40 hp from Oak. Any idea what to do now?
I've been using herald of purity with this build. Is nice.
Hi that gear is a little bit expensive for league starter, can u pls add some friendly gear ?
Hi, can you please explain what weapons I should get for main hand and off hand when just reaching maps, so maybe 1 ex of currency.

Hello, I am giving this build a try and I am really enjoying it!! Never though a single target ability like Double Strike could be so much fun with Ancestral Call and Melee Splash. It has quite slow start when you get to A10 and start mapping, I even died on Merciless Izaro at lvl72, but once you start getting more endurance charges, better main hand weapon, chest armor with 1000+ armor, the power of this character starts scaling superhard and now at lvl82 I just facetank buffed Izaro and yesterday i accidentally killed him with Brightbeak in main hand :D But for farming Uber Lab I switch Abyssus for normal helm and run determination + arctic armour. Even then the dmg is superior even without Hatred and HoA. Also check my offhand weapon (The Princess) - I think it's BiS until you can afford some nice 30%+ ele dmg shaped offhand and it is availible at level 10.

Thanks for this great build, I'm gonna continue playing it 100%.
"
It looks like the bandit bonuses have changed since the mentioned 40 hp from Oak. Any idea what to do now?

I personally think Oak would be the no-brainer now. Based on what I read on the guide stating "Huge Health Pool". Not to mention the passives from Juggernaut tree.
Started this build SSF and so far (level 45, act 5) it's a nightmare to play.

I have DS socketed in a 4-link with melee ph.d, chance to bleed and AC.
Trash clearing is very annoying. I suppose it's because I desperately need melee splash, but RNG has not blessed me with a 5-link and I gave up on farming Humility in Aqueduct after not getting a single card in 50 runs and almost going insane :)

So far not a single unique stat stick dropped.

Not sure I can recommend this build to anyone as a league starter in SSF.

I'm having serious doubts continuing this build or not as I am more frustrated than having fun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this build is bad, it just feels bad as a SSF league starter when you are not RNG blessed.

If anyone has any motivational words for me I'll be glad to read them :)
gear selection is confusing. its a bunch of text that you have to read all the time because information is all over the place.. rerolling.
Anyone knows if bloodseeker claw would give us enough end game dps? Might be a nice QoL weapon on hardcore
Tried this based on youtube recommendation.

Was super strong through About act 8. Fell off around 9-10 and I am struggling a bit in maps. It may be that my armor is super low as I look through the build (also i am just into maps so my flasks all are subpar--Kitava wasn't pretty)/

Pretty sure my armor is low, can't even do Merci Lab atm. There are some weird things I cannot explain like sometimes my mana drops to zero. When it works, its awesome though. Most of the time, the single mana leech can sustain my tiny mana pool with Herald/Hatred running. Things go boom, single target very solid, even unoptimized (I like to stand and beat on things, and this build does require you to not facetank stuff).

I *think* the root of my problem is I didn't upgrade gear after about act 5 as it was just a rush to get to maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info