[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

I am level 79 with almost 8ex worth of gear and my DPS is only 7k and my HP is 4k. What have I done wrong?? My character is terrible but I tried to follow the guide....
"
dellwood88 wrote:
I am level 79 with almost 8ex worth of gear and my DPS is only 7k and my HP is 4k. What have I done wrong?? My character is terrible but I tried to follow the guide....

You need to use hatred with herald of ice.ditch the clarity and use hatred.also missing flaying next to adders touch.your rings and amulet need more accuracy and crit.get more maximum life rolls on your gear and you should be good.are you sure your dps is 7k?
"
LICKHERFEET wrote:
"
dellwood88 wrote:

You need to use hatred with herald of ice.ditch the clarity and use hatred.also missing flaying next to adders touch.your rings and amulet need more accuracy and crit.get more maximum life rolls on your gear and you should be good.are you sure your dps is 7k?

What would you have to say about my setup? I'm in similar situation to dellwood* but I only have 6k dps with herald of ash and hatred. 4k dps without.

*edit: had the wrong name
Last edited by Dazza on Aug 27, 2017, 9:10:17 AM
Thanks so much for your reply.

I took your advice and added Hatred. It seems to be working nicely. Should I still be using Determination? I don't have enough mana for Determination, Herald of Ash, and Hatred.

Another question: Why do I only have like 30k armour? I have Brass Dome, all 4 ascendencies including Unbreakable...and my armour still sucks! I am very disappointed with this build. What else am I doing wrong?
"
dellwood88 wrote:

I took your advice and added Hatred. It seems to be working nicely. Should I still be using Determination? I don't have enough mana for Determination, Herald of Ash, and Hatred.

Another question: Why do I only have like 30k armour? I have Brass Dome, all 4 ascendencies including Unbreakable...and my armour still sucks! I am very disappointed with this build. What else am I doing wrong?

If you're like me and can't cast your blood rage with ash, hatred and AA/determination i'd suggest taking out duration support. Once I did that i had enough mana. No big deal having to cast it a little more.

And yes i've been told armour is a terrible stat and hence starting to think this build may be flawed. But 30k armour? That sounds like a lot to me, I've only got 7k and the only thing I'm missing really is brass dome. Otherwise I'd say my armour rolls are acceptable, who knows.
Last edited by Dazza on Aug 27, 2017, 6:41:03 PM
"
dellwood88 wrote:

is 7k tool tip or path of building? I am assuming tool tip and using blade flurry, it only shows you how much it does the first hit I think. My path of building is like 700k wtih released at stage 6 repeat, and like 500-600k with double strike, while tool tip says 100k for that.
I think determination is great to start with if this was your first build and gearing slowly but easily replaced with arctic armour.

I really do like this build but it took a lot of second guessing and practice to like it, I've cleared every map besides shaper and the chimera. I think the guide is good for what it is, but can use more min-maxing work. I think more interaction is required from us and knowledgeable people to close this gap but this build doesn't seem popular enough to be so sadly.

edit: Some questions I have are what EXACT stats do you want on jewels, physical damage, maximum life, and critical chance or multiplier? I think path of building recommends multiplier over chance even though I only have 55% crit without the chance support gem in.
Last edited by HootPocket on Aug 28, 2017, 12:23:51 AM
"
is 7k tool tip or path of building? I am assuming tool tip and using blade flurry, it only shows you how much it does the first hit I think. My path of building is like 700k wtih released at stage 6 repeat, and like 500-600k with double strike, while tool tip says 100k for that.
I think determination is great to start with if this was your first build and gearing slowly but easily replaced with arctic armour.

I really do like this build but it took a lot of second guessing and practice to like it, I've cleared every map besides shaper and the chimera. I think the guide is good for what it is, but can use more min-maxing work. I think more interaction is required from us and knowledgeable people to close this gap but this build doesn't seem popular enough to be so sadly.

edit: Some questions I have are what EXACT stats do you want on jewels, physical damage, maximum life, and critical chance or multiplier? I think path of building recommends multiplier over chance even though I only have 55% crit without the chance support gem in.

7k is my tooltip. Path of building says 58k, which is still far lower than what I'm reading here.

Also, I only have 4k life at lvl 80. I am getting killed a little too easily for my liking. I understand I need to re-vamp my gear a little bit, but I spend all my currency gearing this character, so in order to re-gear it, I need to grind maps, which is hard to do with 4k life and 58k dps.
Hi one question where do u get manaleech?
maybe iam dump but ididnt see where ur getting it.

Oh and in ur standard setup is 1 ring missing if iam not wrong.

Last edited by Ascaon on Aug 28, 2017, 12:47:44 PM
"
Hi one question where do u get manaleech?
maybe iam dump but ididnt see where ur getting it.

Oh and in ur standard setup is 1 ring missing if iam not wrong.

I think he gets mana leech from a jewel. That's where I got it.
Yeah, I was personally struggling around the tier 9 maps for awhile and forced myself to get more hp even if it lowered my dps a bit, then again I am lucky to have a 6 link chest so my dps isn't lacking, after hitting 5.5k hp and 6link I jumped from around tier 9-10 yellows to doing any map (still struggling depending on what map mods). I truly think this build has too many cons when it comes to picking which maps you can and can't do "easily". We can face tank white maps or uber lab like it's a joke but we get too used to that and any time there is a hard mob, which I'm used to not looking at the name since they just melt and 90% don't cause problems, there will always be that one that literally one shots you somehow even with 6k health. Love the build but it's absolutely low end for maps in my opinion. Maps with even just temp chains I struggle with at higher tier bosses.

Also mana leech, I took the bottom right node for it, it is only 1 point off path, you don't need the major node just the first one till you get a jewel or item with it.

The only thing I'm missing in my opinion is like 1k more hp, which will be impossible I feel, and then the final +1 enduring charge. I don't think the 4% extra resist will honestly change anything sadly. I really want to reroll to a better maping build but I spent way too much time and currency on this build to give up unless I can find something similar in gearing which I haven't.

Sorry, I know my posts are kinda all over the place, my writing skills aren't the greatest.
Last edited by HootPocket on Aug 29, 2017, 1:44:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info