[3.3] TheAmigoShotz! -Lifebased Windripper Raider! Insane Clearspeed + Deathless Shaper!

"
Dioxis122 wrote:
I have a question,

just switched to this build and i cant get anywhere close to your ''normal'' 80k dps. I'm at max 30k atm and i dont understand what i'm missing.

Character name Kyuubi https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dioxis122/characters

My bet: lack of crit multi on ammy, these 6 nodes spent at Scion start and mayby not enough accuracy (60% on tree, none on gear). Also I can't find anything about flasks in OP, and ToH+Atziri Promise are quite a boost for damage. Plus some minor stuff like 17lvl non q added lighting etc stuff.

That's 100% just my guessing tho, I never had ele ranger.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Jan 20, 2016, 8:17:37 AM
"
Dioxis122 wrote:
I have a question,

just switched to this build and i cant get anywhere close to your ''normal'' 80k dps. I'm at max 30k atm and i dont understand what i'm missing.

Character name Kyuubi https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Dioxis122/characters

The 80K is on the high-side and requires very good gear and an optimized tree. Here are some first suggestions, in no prticular order (the first suggestion is likely the hardest to fulfill).

1) Use of Blood Magic (and therefore effectively using a 5-link). You need Acuities, so you can insta-leech mana and use a 6th dps gem.

2) No flat damage on jewelry. Your rings and amulet should also have these 5-40 or so added lightning damage mods. If necessary, move resists to jewels: flat damage is king! The bestway to see this is to switch on/off your Herald of Thunder and see how many difference a simple 8-31 flat damage makes.

3) No crit multiplier on your amulet. Crit multiplier is a major damage source. Get legacy if you can afford it. Legacy crit on the quiver is also nice.

4) No 21/20 gems. Especially 21/20 added lightning damage really helps.

5) Sniper? Nullification? Primal Spirit? do you really need those nodes? At the very least get the 3rd Frenzy node. Frenzy nodes really crank on the dps. As per the author above, ditch those 6 nodes at the Scion start as well. Get the ele damage nodes near Shadow start. Maybe Depth perception to get more crit% and accuracy (see below)

6) Vitality Void? Do you need all that life leeching while Daresso is also providing leech? BTW, if you are using Blood Magic for all your major needs, why do you have the Life and Mana Leech node (you dont need mana). I run all my leech (life for living, mana for shooting) off the Life and Mana Leech node and the life leech node leading to it, and I do not use Daresso.

7) Why the **** are you using Hatred? Hatred is based on your physical damage which is almost zero. Use Wrath. If you do only one thing, do this.

8) Why are you using Enlighten in your helmet? Why not Empower or Increased Duration (doesnt help as much in the past, but Enlighten doesn't help at all)? Also: level your Immortal Call to lvl 3 (the highest level it will still be supported by your CWDT level 1)

9) No flat accuracy on your gear. Accuracy is VERY important for a crit build. Read http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Critical_Strike which shows that you make TWO accuracy checks in order to crit. If your accuracy is 80% you will only this 64% of the time, while if it is 90%, you will do this 81% of the time. Get flat accuracy on at least one piece of gear.

10) Get a Lightning Penetration Vessel of Vinktar. It will not show in your dps, but it almost doubles your damage when active. If you can't afford one, get an Atziri's Promise instead. Do not get a Taste of Hate as you do almost no physical damage.

Start with these tips and see where you get. Some tips help each other (e.g. more dps means more leeching means less leech% needed) I predict an easy 50K, but 80K will cost you some serious exalts because all the gear requirements are overloading your gear (hey! you want life too). To really optimize you want items that do it all like
but prepare to shell out for it.

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 21, 2016, 11:09:55 AM
Just bought myself a lightning pen vessel of vinktar - really helps clearing, and we are so quick that you can normally refill the flask for semi permanent uptime.
I thought it would let me safely drop vaal pact too - I don't like running with no regen, but I did managed to rip to a reflect when I didn't have it up so maybe not. It's a shame we can't access any really good flask nodes, and/or the retch belt doesn't have an elemental version.
Even without vaal pact blood rage degens as don't have enough life regen to keep up, so maybe it's not to big of an issue to put it back, apart from using a precious point.

Switched from facebreakers to maligaro's too. No real sheet dps change - in fact it may have gone down, but the damage output is more consistent and smoother. On a budget though I think it would be one of the last things I'd put in.
What's better for this build - Lightning Penetration Vessel of Vinktar or Adds Lightning Damage to Attacks Vessel of Vinktar?
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~
"
Undriuz wrote:
What's better for this build - Lightning Penetration Vessel of Vinktar or Adds Lightning Damage to Attacks Vessel of Vinktar?

I'm pretty sure the penetration one - although obviously it won't be reflected in the tooltip.
Against resistant enemies, which is what cause more problems it will be even more effective.

The flat damage one does have an unusually high bottom damage roll for lightning damage though, which may help a little with consistency of hits.

I have done some experimenting with slower projectiles, and yes I am pretty sure it is considerably better than faster attacks for a 6th link.
Was looking around for a Q one, but then thought I couldn't be bothered levelling one so just bought a 20/20 for 25c (pretty cheap I thought). Obviously then vaaled it - got 23%q, got to get that extra 1% increased.....

Anyway, it increased sheet DPS by over 20% while being less mana hungry and doing more damage per hit, so better shocks/freezes. Plus it is more likely to demolish packs in a single hit so actually makes you quicker/more mobile - as long as you have a decent amount of attack speed from gear and the tree.

I don't like it on blast rain - it makes the delay worse, and high attack speed is good for perma knockback/stunning. If you are happy with it though, again it is a good dps increase.
Have done my first experiments with a +1 Frenzy corrupted Darkray Vectors

I am level 95. Without Darkray Vectors I am at 123K SplitChain DPS with 6 Frenzy, 4 Power and an Ice golem.

With Corrupted Darkray Vectors I am at 135K SplitChain and 8 Frenzy, 4 Power and an Ice Golem. 10% more damage is nothing to sniff at. In the end it will be a little bit less as I need to adjust my jewels for losing resists on my boots, but it will definitely be positive.

Apart from the DPS it is clunky. The charges expire too quickly, leaving me at 0% MS from my boots too often. Also 40MS at full charges is not that much more than 30MS with regular boots.

However, with the current expectation of the Raider class:
- Another +1 max frenzy for a total of 9
- 18% extra MS, 27% extra AS and damage
- 36% frenzy duration and 10% extra chance for a frenzy charge on kill
I believe this build will clear maps at Guddha speed and at 150K SA or more.

So Amigo's theorycrafting will definitely work.

And to all readers, if you can afford +1 corrupted Frenzy Vectors, now would be a good time to buy. They may go up in price shortly.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jan 21, 2016, 11:31:53 AM
Thinking about trying this build on my 91 ranger, just got my hands on a legacy windripper. My question is I also have a berek's grip...and the 1% life and mana leech of frozen or shocked enemies sounds pretty juicy for this bow. My question is how bad of a spot will I be in w/o crit and WED on a ring?

Thanks!
"
gr8avgr wrote:
Thinking about trying this build on my 91 ranger, just got my hands on a legacy windripper. My question is I also have a berek's grip...and the 1% life and mana leech of frozen or shocked enemies sounds pretty juicy for this bow. My question is how bad of a spot will I be in w/o crit and WED on a ring?

Thanks!

You are going to need leech on the tree anyway to be able to leech tough rares and bosses (you are not likely to freeze/shock those). And then you are probably better of with a crit/WED/flat ele damage ring.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
The author was nice enough to help me test some damage numbers for a bow I recently obtained.

With all buffs and charges it is 49k unbuffed while a legacy windripper is 54k unbuffed which is 90% of the damage. Nearly the same dps while having much more base elemental damage and crit damage.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 22, 2016, 1:21:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info