Frost Wall Pierce Nerf - Devs please explain!

Similar issue with Arctic Breath.

I thought I can use it to shotgun rares and bosses with AB (no pierce, just hitting the wall for the secondary splash effect), but apparently only 1 (most of the time) projectile stops at Frost Wall and the rest goes through.

So my question now is:

Will "fake"-shotgunning with skills like Fireball and AB work (as in aoe splash shotgunning, not the projectiles obviously) when Frost Wall gets fixed?
I'm going to repost a reply I made earlier in the thread in hopes that someone can elucidate what's going on here.

"That would make sense, except I'm noticing this with my archer character, and attack skills never shotgunned in the first place.

Tested with almost every bow skill, with/without lmp/gmp.

With an 8 arrow split arrow, sometimes 2 or 3 projectiles will be blocked by a single cast of frost wall.

It seems to me that the sections of the wall simply are not touching, and there is room in between for projectiles to fly through.

Edit: Even just firing single basic shot arrows, they go through the wall."

Mark can you please let us know what is going on here? The interactions with frost wall are very confusing and inconsistent.
From today's patch notes...

• Fixed a bug where Cast on Critical Strike would trigger when hitting Frost Walls.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info