Frost Wall Pierce Nerf - Devs please explain!

bump
Darn... I'm currently leveling a KB wander based on Mathil's 2.0 build, which takes the pierce cluster near the Ranger/Shadow.

With this nerf, do you think it's better to not take pierce at all? Or find another way to attack single targets?
Pierce should still be a good option, because additional mobs hit still increase the number of blast procs.

And Frost Wall should still be a solid support skill, just not totem-spammable like before.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jul 17, 2015, 12:59:44 PM
"
Trentemoller wrote:
Darn... I'm currently leveling a KB wander based on Mathil's 2.0 build, which takes the pierce cluster near the Ranger/Shadow.

With this nerf, do you think it's better to not take pierce at all? Or find another way to attack single targets?

This change won't affect a normal KB build, only a KB CoC pierce build.

Anyway, bump for answers.
bump
bump

Frostwall doesn't seem to behave predictably with:
- Lighting Arrow + Pierce
- Ice Shot + Pierce
- Explosive Arrow (no Pierce)
- Kinetic Blast + Pierce

Please GGG explain what is going on. Is Frostwall simply buggy right now or is this behavior intended? Thank you.
I understand the CoC+FW deserved a nerf but killing the builds seems a bit too hard.
bump
dont nerf an other cool build x(
Last edited by frozbg on Jul 20, 2015, 11:46:14 AM
bump, we need an answer please
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░░░░░▄██
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄███████▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄███▄░░░░▄████▄░░░░░░▄██
bump
If it's not on the Patch Notes it is considered a Bug then, at least imo.
So if it's a Bug, they'll fix it. If they don't, they're being negligible.

But i wouldn't be surprised if it really was just another bullsh*** nerf from GGG.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

"
because this shit was op as fuck

-it allowed retarded amount of damage w/o realy needing much investment
-It turned somthing good for AoE in to somthing also godlike for single target giving best of both worlds
-it protected you from everything you to the point you could go EB+CI and still faceroll maps because nothing can hit you EVER

while i like the mechanic of it.
it was way to strong.
used it myself in 1.3 and my god, even burn prolif looked lackluster when compared to this.

Yeah right, because being SmartOP is forbidden while being RichOP is not. Brilliant !

It may be OP, but if it's OP because the player was smarter using the game mechanics, so the player must be rewarded. Not punished.
It's the same thing using Reave with dual wield without dual wielding it in fact, like use a Brightbeak on the off hand as a Shield-Weapon.

There's a difference to One Shot a boss with a single no-brainer skill for no reason, and to deal High Damage because you're using your mind instead of your fingers.

The only thing OP in this game is CoC and Low-Life/Mjolner/ExtremelyStupidDPS builds.

But accordingly to GGG, these are working as intended (even when they're nerfed, they're still OP).

So using your mind, it's not working as inteded.
Dream with me !
Last edited by Hilldrake on Jul 20, 2015, 2:32:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info