[2.0]The Immortal Crit arcer ZO/EB/MoM/AA budget atziri build

"
fekdav wrote:
seems good, do you recommend it for hc? if yes could you post some gearing advice?

Not OP but I am running this build after I read about it here - currently at Act 2 Merc.

Leveling

Spells. Arc itself is a fairly good levelling tool, safe and nice damage. I used Lightning Tendrils until I was of the level to use Arc and then never looked back (Get a Faster Casting/Spell Echo at your earliest convenience!)

Mana. There are mana issues from when you start using Arc until level 50 (when the build starts), I used 2 Mana Flasks that restored more over a longer duration and just cast through that regen as a solution.

Gear. Take what you can with Life/ES/Armour, at the end of Cruel I was trying to work my Armour up and which did help me through The Harvest. (Get the STR/INT hybrid pieces if you can, evasion is okay if the gear is good)

Lifesprig is a great unique wand I used all the way until ~level 50. (Arc - Faster Casting - Added Lightning)

Other than that just take care of yourself, defences first and a good spell damage shield to boost damage.

The Fun - Level 50

Setup. Make sure you are at the three notables, ZO/MoM/EB, with passive points stored at level 50. I assume you've purchased your Immortal Flesh by this point and now you can put all your points in and equip the belt.

Welcome to infinite mana (As long as you aren't taking -heavy- damage, which you should stop taking anyway). Your ES is now regening so fast you literally cannot outcast its regen (I'm only just getting to point where I might be able to at level 63)

At level 50 I was using Arc - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Lightning Pen (with Conductivity as a curse), mobs just melt they can do nothing, rares take 2-4 hits to kill.

I've decided to reserve all of my mana with AA/HoT/HoI/HoA - it's awesome and has not caused any issues as of yet.

Damage and Risks

Damage. The damage you take of course relies on your armour/resistances but with decent armour and capped resistances, the damage is acceptable - you have time to think but are not immortal as the thread title suggests.

Corrupting Blood and Elemental Reflect. CB and ER are the two major risks with this build. You build up stacks of CB quickly due to Spell Echo and natural chaining so be ready to hit that bleed flask. ER wasn't an issue until the end of Cruel/Merc for me, I'm really starting to notice it now at 63, just be mindful of how much you spam without moving/thinking we may have to running Saffell's + Purity of Lightning later to compensate (Immortal Flesh reduces our max res by 5%!)

Notes

This build is a lot of fun and I'd rate it as safe if you are thinking about what you are doing. Since after 50 we can ditch mana pots that frees up a slot for Granite/Relevant Ele Flask - these are a godsend and made me feel much safer.

I solo'd Cruel Malachai, he wasn't that much trouble I did drop low but nothing my 2 Insta-flasks didn't handle, I swapped out the Granite for a Ruby to take the Fire Mines but they still did like 300 damage! In regards to damage during the fight, it was above average, the hearts were really easy to take down and Malachai only a little harder.

- Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them... with all the knowledge gathered until I RIP (Tempest League).

Edit: I have a Pyre and will be getting a Three Dragons soon, will report how it is!
Last edited by Crunchy_Nut on Jul 16, 2015, 12:50:23 PM
updated auras per your suggestions thanks guys.
Is this build updated? ur main post says:

"Eldritch battery turns ES into mana" ( It does not anymore.. ? )
"Youre basically tanking damage with mana and you mana pool is the es pool."

Wouldent you only be tanking 30% of the damage into ur "ES" with this setup, meaning u need a solid life pool to sustain high damages ?

And the belt is for ES regen only i suppose?

Just trying to make sense of the build, it is very intresting, making an arcer soon
This looks interesting but since I only play HC my big concern is with Immortal Flesh and -5 max res.

I think I will try it out as OP laid it out, IF is at least a big help EARLY since you can get it at lvl 50 and it pretty much enables EB/MOM/ZO way earlier than u would normally be able to do it. If things don't pan out and I'm taking too much ele dmg I will drop the IF and find other ways to sustain regen. Blood dance boots is something I've been thinking about that could also work the same way IF does (3% life regen with frenzy charges).
"
Is this build updated? ur main post says:

"Eldritch battery turns ES into mana" ( It does not anymore.. ? )
"Youre basically tanking damage with mana and you mana pool is the es pool."

Wouldent you only be tanking 30% of the damage into ur "ES" with this setup, meaning u need a solid life pool to sustain high damages ?

And the belt is for ES regen only i suppose?

Just trying to make sense of the build, it is very intresting, making an arcer soon

Eldritch Battery is now:

Energy Shield protects Mana instead of Life
Spend Energy Shield before Mana for Skill Costs

What this means is, you spend your Energy Shield before your mana, meaning you can default to mana after. What this build does is use the life regen to ES regen from ZO to have insane 'Mana' (ES) regen so that we can ignore mana - allowing us to reserve it all.

You are correct in saying that MoM does cause you to tank the "30%" from ES instead of the Mana Pool directly - this turns ES into both mana AND a 30% effective life shield, I'm unsure if it's worth it to take MoM but I feel safer, only when I'm taking sustained medium to heavy damage do I run out of 'mana' but I need to stop taking that damage by moving anyway.

This is a life build, you need to focusing on life and you can see in the tree that life is the priority.

"
D_nasty wrote:
This looks interesting but since I only play HC my big concern is with Immortal Flesh and -5 max res.

I think I will try it out as OP laid it out, IF is at least a big help EARLY since you can get it at lvl 50 and it pretty much enables EB/MOM/ZO way earlier than u would normally be able to do it. If things don't pan out and I'm taking too much ele dmg I will drop the IF and find other ways to sustain regen. Blood dance boots is something I've been thinking about that could also work the same way IF does (3% life regen with frenzy charges).

The -max res is a concern, I'm considering Saff's + Purity of Lightning as I said in another post. At 63 I'm starting to take too much elemental reflect damage but not elemental damage in general (this could change).

Important: You can't use life regen life like Blood Dance unless you drop ZO and then you are back in mana hell without another solution. I've just got a 0.2% lightning leech amulet that is barely okay and will get a 1% leech wand when I can - I was also considering switching from Conductivity, to Warlord's Mark just for the high % leech.
A positive thing I haven't mentioned about Mind of Matter taking from our "Energy Shield Mana" is this:

When you nuke an Elemental Reflect mob (or any kind of reflect), it takes your Energy Shield almost immediately, stopping you from casting and saving your life (crits could still be risky later).

Note: This effect only occurs with a 100% reserved mana pool (or I assume high 90%s), giving the full reservation a positive twist.

"
Crunchy_Nut wrote:

Important: You can't use life regen life like Blood Dance unless you drop ZO and then you are back in mana hell without another solution. I've just got a 0.2% lightning leech amulet that is barely okay and will get a 1% leech wand when I can - I was also considering switching from Conductivity, to Warlord's Mark just for the high % leech.

I don't know what you mean, the life% regen from Blood Dance turns into ES regen because of ZO so it's actually perfect synergy.
"
D_nasty wrote:
"
Crunchy_Nut wrote:

I don't know what you mean, the life% regen from Blood Dance turns into ES regen because of ZO so it's actually perfect synergy.

I thought you wanted to regenerate life not more ES, it would work like that but I'm not sure it is worth the slot, the regen is already quite high and if you are taking damage Blood Dance wouldn't out regen it.
Don't use blood dance because this build relies on too many uniques. You need to save slots for resistance and life. If you're worried about max resist use a saffy shield. I just tried a voltaxic rift with this build. I didn't like it. I'm only using a 4l with 13k dps. I didn't have much issue with reflect due to mom taking some of the damage.
I started my character in mind I would use zo+eb+mom, but the more i'm at this point the more I feel there is too much cons and not enough benefit to it.

pro :
reserve 100% of your mana instead of 75-85.
make you less reliant on activating life flask once your es is down.
30% more tanky vs chaos dmg

cons:
you lose some total health+es pool.
you lose your mana regen
can't use mana flask
can't use clarity
losing mana regeneration
you are less tanky
losing heath regeneration
you may be in the inability to cast any spell.

I'm actually at 3200 life and 1129 es with only one piece of es gear.
If I get more es gear I can be to 3200 life and 2k es easily it give me 5200 life but if I run zo+mom+eb i will only be able to tank 4100 dmg.

So I will have to use 5-6 passives to lose my mana regen and lose 1000 out of 5000 life+es pool.

Basically a char with 4k life and 2500 es need 6500 dmg to be one shoted (big hit, freeze, devoreur...), with this set up any spike of 5.2k dmg will kill him.

The least they could do is add the mana regeneration on top of the es.
Last edited by EzBreesy on Jul 17, 2015, 8:45:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info