cons:
you lose some total health+es pool.
you lose your mana regen
can't use mana flask
can't use clarity
losing mana regeneration

you are less tanky
losing heath regeneration
you may be in the inability to cast any spell.

I'm actually at 3200 life and 1129 es with only one piece of es gear.

All of these mana cons seem to miss the point of using Immortal Flesh to cover your mana concerns, are you using it? This isn't really an ES build in my opinion, life is better and we have a smaller es pool just as a high regen mana pool. This comes down to prefrence though.

On tankiness, I'm 73 now and I'm starting to feel a bit flimsy but trying to rectify that with more armour - I have 4.5k HP (with 10% more in my next two passives).

On health regeneration, my 0.2% lightning leech amulet is actually decent now with the level of damage I'm doing, using a Life Leech gem, Warlord's Mark or waiting for Level 7 Catarina are options for the future.

On the inability to cast any spell, I actually like this due to it making me think about what is happening more and react accordingly to stop taking damage. It's true that some monsters will just do damage constantly which is annoying but not build-killing, if they hit the Chaos Golem for a bit you can get some hits in but there may be a better solution.
Last edited by Crunchy_Nut on Jul 17, 2015, 10:53:47 PM
Instead of using Three Dragons + Pyre you could also use the new unique Ring that Converts 50% of your lightning damage into Cold Damage, letting your freeze and shock with just your normal arc. This would free up your helmet slot.
"
ragbasti wrote:
Instead of using Three Dragons + Pyre you could also use the new unique Ring that Converts 50% of your lightning damage into Cold Damage, letting your freeze and shock with just your normal arc. This would free up your helmet slot.

This was designed to be a league starting build. That ring is like one exalt more than most new players can have.
"
ragbasti wrote:

Didn't know about this ring, might give it a shot when I'm a bit more secure on currency.

I want to buy a 6L first for Arc - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Lightning Pen - Iron Will (~40% spell damage) - Life Leech.
Yeah the ring is amazing, although I think it would be much better with Ball Lightning.

I forgot to mention: it also gives 100% Shock Chance against frozen enemies :D

Since I screwed up my level 80 caster I deleted it and now I'm planning to take your idea for the immortal flesh and use it on a jewel based scion.
If I get enough reserve reduction I can reserve all my mana, essentially running Warth + Purity of Lightning and Ice. And if I manage to get my hand on a level 1 enlighten, I can also add AA to the mix with a Geofri's Crest; Pretty much canceling the biggest draw back of the Immortal Flesh, the lower resists.
I'll then use ball lightning + Call of the Brotherhood to freeze and shock everything in my way :D

One important thing is that if you use Cold damage to freeze it also applies a chill status, giving you the benefit of hypothermia, while Three dragons does not let you chill with lightning damage, I think.
So you have a MORE damage from wrath and a MORE damage from Hypothermia, which should be amazing. At this point you will die to reflect though xD

This will be my first big project in the new league

Last edited by ragbasti on Jul 22, 2015, 7:50:47 AM
Good to hear someone else is going to actively testing stuff with this build!

Check out my current gear here:

Current Gear

I think Call of the Brotherhood (CotB) + a GG helm is going to be better than Three Dragons+Pyre, so I think that is what I'll go for next (people selling CotB get online damn it!)

As you can see I've also just got a 6 link, leech is AMAZING and it removes the need for Mind over Matter - MoM became a nuisance (damage taking all your mana is build-killing), more than a help during maps and the Life Leech covers ele reflect well enough (just don't go too ham).

I'm also trialing PCoC over Lightning Pen, it is comparable between the two but if you get rolling with PCoC clearing is much faster. I also think PCoC will be much better than Lighting Pen with CoTB.
You might be better off using a Hypothermia instead of the Iron will once you have the Ring. 20% more damage instead of increased damage will be quite notable
I'm doing this build also, lvl 67 on tempest league. I'm experimenting with using decoy totem to agro stuff, or rejuvenation totem for when I need to nuke stuff without going low ES

Here is my current gear:
Spoiler

Currently doing 7.5k tooltip DPS, but it has 30%~ crit so the dps is much higher
IGN: Xiandrii
Timezone: London, GMT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info