Mirage of bones

"
Anyone think hes a bit overtuned for a 68 boss?

( Desert boss )
( Nightwade on steroids )

Definitely, I just tried it for shits and giggles on perm league.
Like I know Chris wants harder content, but harder doesn't equals in making encounters that makes you drop in FPS so hard you're playing a fucking slide show.
Nor does it mean bosses are meant to ignore any ruleset of the game.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Zeno made a video with some tips:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3diqu7/poe_tutorial_a_little_fun_with_desert_boss/
Its dps isn't that scary until the clones fill the screen.
The problem I have is that the bastard is super tanky. 7,2k magma balls dps + 4k flame totem dps and I could barely see the life bar go down. The life of pretty much everything from act 4 is way too much.
It has at least 5 times the life of the other lvl 68-69 map bosses.
Last edited by Idioticus on Jul 17, 2015, 3:50:35 PM
Well both Pit and Desert just have issues with visibility. In Pit the arena just fills the screen with mobs and corpses and at some point you just can't keep track of whats going on, not as bad as Orchard, but if you are fresh into maps you just lack the dps. I was able to cast Vaal Summon Skeletons 5 times before the enemy was dead, thats 320 Souls.

And Desert is similar. Fine fight but at some point the amount of clones are just overwhelming and for a lvl68 map it is unlikely that most people already have the dps to kill him before he creates that many clones.
i am on tempest. I don't know they nerfed it or not but. i have 10k dps (crit dual flame totem, elemental eq. ball lightning, curse on hit flameablity, %25 inc. dmg on ignited enemy) i think i made hell dmg on him BUT still i was almost dead 3 times. had to tp out. 3.7k life 2.4k armor, capped resist 53 chaos resist, arctic armor and granite flask. It tooks 10 min to kill him.

i don't make much maps but after this map i am scare to do more :D
I beated him yesterday and yes he was scary at first like every time you face a boss for the first time but I think he's ok not particulary hard.
He isn't hard but that doesn't make him remotely worth the time it takes to kill him. His damage isn't too bad at first, but grows exponentially as more and more clones get created. Plus he's super tanky, and there's no good way to tell which one's real.

I handle it by running far away or out of LOS when the clones get out of hand and just wait for them to expire. Repeat as necessary for half an hour or until I give up and leave.
Too much damage and life for a 68 map. Not a very fun fight either cause you can only really tell which is the real one when he starts walking. A nice idea for a boss fight, but poorly executed.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I dunno. He looks pretty awesome to me, just out of place on such a low level map. I say, if he is to stay where he is, special design a divination card only he can drop, and make him a little crazier so people want to farm him but can't reliably do so (as in, not 100% of the time).

E.g., say he had a small chance to drop a 1/5 div card for a max level 6 affix corrupt map, but then say also his clones had a small chance to spawn with random rare mods.

Could be pretty cool to farm.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jul 25, 2015, 9:11:12 PM
Broken beyond belief.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info