Mirage of bones

No idea how you're supposed to kill this guy as someone starting out on L68 maps (like you are supposed to!).

By the time I'm killed one clone, he's already spawned 3 more. I can't tell at all which is the real one to focus on.
did the map as a zana daily
I died :(
lvl 80 Summoner 15 minions 3 curses 2500 hp
Ya this boss is fun FUN !
"
SjakaWaka wrote:

Clearly you don't understand the boss .
Only the real one can make copy's
He mixes mirror arrow and blink arrow i assume this is why you got confused.
Sometimes he stays where he's at when making copy's and sometimes he's swapped with the new copy.

also when the copy's start the attack they do not turn.
which allows you time to reposition and avoid damage.

This boss is 1 that tricks the mind. it's the entire concept of the boss
and from what i see of people's posts, it has delivered.

What about miserable DPS uptime on this boss where you spend more time running than fighint? Why does have a trickster boss so much HP as an immovable object?
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
SjakaWaka wrote:

Clearly you don't understand the boss .
Only the real one can make copy's
He mixes mirror arrow and blink arrow i assume this is why you got confused.
Sometimes he stays where he's at when making copy's and sometimes he's swapped with the new copy.

also when the copy's start the attack they do not turn.
which allows you time to reposition and avoid damage.

This boss is 1 that tricks the mind. it's the entire concept of the boss
and from what i see of people's posts, it has delivered.

What about miserable DPS uptime on this boss where you spend more time running than fighint? Why does have a trickster boss so much HP as an immovable object?

while i do agree he takes longer to kill.
and he is harder then most 68 map bosses

it's not nearly as bad as some people have posted here.

as for the dps uptime is mainly about how well you can follow him.
i personally haven't had much trouble on that front.

on my cyloner i killed him under 1 minute back when he was still 60 with a dps of about 3500 i think it was.
(granted damage is a bit misleading considering the nature of cyclone)

could he use some tweaks ? probably. but nothing like people have suggested in this thread.

I have killed this boss about a dozen times by now. The first time I killed him I actually didn't die, second time I think I died twice, by now I don't die to him, or even really get hit at all.

He is still very annoying. I play an Ice Nova build which one-shots whole screens of white mobs (about 18k DPS) with a 10k Flame Totem and a 30k Freeze Pulse. It still takes forever to kill this guy. At this point it's not challenging, it is tedium. I know all the dance moves to have him never hit me and it's still a huge drawn-out fight.

This boss needs less life. Period. The behavior and damage are fine, maybe his damage is slightly overtuned but if so only by about 10% max, not really worth complaining about. Nerf Mirage of Bones base life by 25% and things would be about right, a map with 33% inc monster life would have a Mirage that feels like a normal Mirage does now.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I think this boss is good actually. His clones can't move and they will expire sooner or later. Best way to fight him is to backtrack. Once he teleports next to you, hit him once or twice, run away from clones, repeat. Should take around 2 mins. You need some aoe skill to hit him when he is surrounded by clones, good damage mitigation and that's it. Don't wait till he makes 4+ clones unless you are super tanky.

You can say that some bosses like Orchard or Jungle Valley are hard, but they aren't impossible. If you die to some boss regularly then simply skip it! You aren't supposed to beat all game contents with single char (though it is possible too). I am not saying that some bosses couldn't be easier.
This boss is borderline impossible for certain builds. I killed it once on my SRS witch and in the time it took I could have run 2-3 other lowlvl maps instead.

Either tone it down or move it up to higher maps. It's just not worth the time as is.
you will probably have to kill him to same way a melee does
stand next to the real 1

that way your srs will target the correct 1

That being said can't a summoner target mobs for their summons by attacking it ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info