[2.0] Bino's Reaver - The Aegis EB Duelist!! Easy 45 k DPS, 4.8 k life, very tanky!

You both don't seem to understand the use and effect of Eldritch Battery.

This build I made as my first char after the 2.0 patch. Why? Because I wanted to see how the 2.0 changes of passive tree and mechanics can be reasonably integrated into a melee build.
Understanding and use of new mechanics was the point.
(Info bak then: Leech is bad, Eldritch Battery now works different and mana reservation was reworked)
So: Use regen as defense, use EB and ES for skills, use leech to keep it smooth. This also frees up 100% mana for reservation

As for block:

I did NOT want just another Aegis-BoR-Stone of Lazhwar-Rainbowstrides build since I feel even my guppy can play that.

Point is, I do not care much if I am hit since Bino's regen effect will heal me up quickly.
To clarify, Aegis is used to refill my ES, which is used to pay for my skills. And that works just nicely.

I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding concerning the use of Aegis but I am quite confident I mentioned in my first post how it works with this build.

“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
clear speed is bad(u have 6l and gems near 20/20), reave isn't that much mana consumer, try caster and u'll see >110mana per hit on 6l

u don't use increase area of effect, that helps a lot on clearing speed and get safe distance for high hiting enemy, plus vall reave keep the 8 charges is full screen clear maps in minutes.

no acro, no grace ur build dosent have the surva for high lvl maps or full party play.

ps MOM EB and GR kinda block incinerate build, Cybil paw

I currently have 50 K DPS and about 5 K life.

I am aware this is not top notch, but as I pointed out repeatedly, it was my first build in 2.0, 1-2 days after launch.

You obviously didn't bother to read this thread, it was said that using vaal reave grants a substantial advantage. I just didn't mention it in the first post.

I don't think you can explain anyone why a build that needs a certain block chance should pick acro. Aside from that, yes, one weakness is high end bosses. That was kinda hard to evaluate right after 2.0 hit.

As I don't play parties, I did not consider this aspect.

With the knowledge that was gained in the time period from 2.0 to 2.0.3 and in a few days 2.0.4, I would have made a different Reave build, or maybe no Reave build at all. Going for 100 K DPS and not even 4 K life is not my style, yet this seems very popular among streamers playing standard.
For a 5l chest, what skill gems do you use with Reave?
Reave - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks are vital.
5th link you can choose between Increased Critical Strikes and Increased Critical Damage. For 6L I took both.

You will want to use Inc. Crit Strikes if you feel your damage to be inconsistent.
Inc. Crit Damage will probably result in more DPS, but sometimes, when you get no crit, it will feel a bit slow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info