[2.0] Bino's Reaver - The Aegis EB Duelist!! Easy 45 k DPS, 4.8 k life, very tanky!

When I get the chromes right, I'm thinking of using

3L - Hatred - Purity of Lightning - Herald of Ash
4L - CWDT lvl 1, Tempest Shield lvl 7, Molten Shell lvl 10, Ice Golem lvl 3
4L - Reckoning - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark - Vengeance (Undecided)
4L - Whirlwind - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Vaal Reave

This leaves me with a free 3L in my weapon. I'm considering endurance charges with Enduring Cry + Spell Echo and maybe Vaal Haste.

Any thoughts on this?
I really like the CWDT setup. Short duration buffs that's a pain to keep up when you're busy reavin' are always up. And squishy golem gets recast and is always up, no need to waste gemslot for Minion Life.

Not really sure how the CoH setup would work, have yet to chrome my stuff properly to try it out, but should be solid. Considering maybe Blind or LGoH instead of Vengeance.

EDIT: Try increased AoE instead of Spell Echo for Assassin's Mark.
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Jul 31, 2015, 4:23:07 PM
Ahhh right....didn't think that through, Inc. AoE is most likely the better gem.

I like most of your setup, but I am not sure if the trigger gems will do a good job with Assassin's Mark (also, they have strange AoE. Cone shape and such). I do prefer a low level Cwdt there.

What I doubt will do much good is your lvl 3 Ice Golem linked to Cwdt. It will be insanely squishy with level 3 and thus rather unreliable.
I took that Empower setup also because the Golem can be a powerful distrction. When you have to retreat from a fight, it still stands and gives valuable time. Also it's no problem to cast it even with Empower + Minion Life.

I do use Vaal Haste rarely, but it feels good as a backup.
My initial idea of using Vaal Clarity was good I think, but no needed. If you have problems sustaining ES you should consider it, otherwise not.

If you can manage, I'd link Vaal Reave to Melee Phys and Crit dmg or Inc. Crit Strikes. Don't think you need it though, since Reave itself has a quite nice AoE

Let me know how that CwdT - Tempest Shield works :)
I experienced Tempest Shield wears off many times if not linked with Inc. Duration. If you kill fast enough or without real melee (and if you play well that is exactly what 4 Reave stacks enable you to do), it is too short and forces you into brawling.
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Jul 31, 2015, 4:45:49 PM
I'm never gonna use Tempest Shield if it's not automatically cast. Think about it this way, Tempest Shield increases blockchance and is linked to CWDT. So, it casts when you take damage, which is when you need the increased block chance the most. It then self-sustains untill all enemies are dead (more or less). So while it may fall off while traveling from pack to pack it will always be up while fighting which is when you need it the most.

It's the same with the Ice Golem. Yes, it is very squishy, but being it's almost always up. I just use it for the buff tho and not as a distraction. There might be situations where it dies before it gets resummoned, but I'm having close to 100% uptime so far (still only lowlvl maps).

The reason I use Vaal Reave instead of Vaal Haste is just because I love the AoE increase from it. Don't linking it to anything since I just use it to get the Reave-stacks.

I'm not sure how the CoH setup with Reckoning will work out. Hopefully I can sustain max power charges and can run a high lvl Assassin's Mark. If it turns out I have too low uptime on Assassin's Mark, I might consider another CWDT setup in my free 3L just for that.

Main issue I have atm since I don't have Bino's yet is flaskmanagement and slots. Have to be on point with lifeflasks. Also running low on flaskslots. Using the Atziri flask, a granite, a quicksilver and want to use Taste of Hate and Rumis
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Jul 31, 2015, 6:03:30 PM
Good points, probably for your gear setup and playstyle, other choices are more appropriate :)
I will give the tempest shield and Cwdt a try myself, sounds fine!

Considering flasks, you might want to use 3 life flasks, taste of hate and Rumi's. Atziri Flask just cannot beat Taste of Hate, and you rarely use both at the same time I think.
While I am using my ToH with another char, it is a very good choice especially since Aegis gives +5% max cold res.
So, no quicksilver, since you can move around with whirling blades. I just took one out of habit^^

The only possible problem remaining is your killspeed using a sword instead of dagger. It may be similar DPS, but much less consistent crit especially compared to Bino's.

Currently farming with another char, and having only few time but will try to keep you updated on gem setups and how they work for me :)

EDIT:

I tried quite a few things today and my new gem setups are as follows:

4L: Ice Golem - Empower - Minion Life - Vaal Clarity
4L: Hatred - Herald of Ash - Purity of Lightning - Vaal Grace
4L: Cast when damage taken (Lvl 5) - Assassins Mark (8) - Tempest Shield (10) - Molten Shell (12)

3L: Reckoning - Vengeance - Vaal Haste
3L: Whirling Blades - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Possible Switches: Vaal Reave for Vaal Grace and maybe Minion Dmg for Vaal Clarity
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Aug 2, 2015, 9:21:30 AM
My mouse has been broken for a few days and have been too busy to buy a new one yet.
I like your CWDT setup now and I think I'll use it myself, with a lvl 1 CWDT.

Curse on Hit with Reckoning was not satisfying me at all, so will go back to Assassin's Mark on CWDT. That means I have to manually cast Ice Golem or think of another way to automatize it :\

On the bright side, I got
now :)

Next is to upgrade my jewelry. I might wanna go abit more defensive and try to work out if I lose too much by using a block corrupted Stone of Lazhwar.
This will be a huge boost I think and provide the best experience :)

Also, you may go for selfcast Golem. I think it's a good choice. Keep in mind that Bino's will also have your Golem regenerate life! This is also one of the main reasons why I invested so much into a tanky Golem.

In my 4L Cwdt setup I took Ass. Mark without Inc. AoE, since I managed to get a Q20 AM. Temepest Shield works great, Molten Shell is just a little bit of extra. Not really a great skill but the best I could think of to easily fit.

I played a Volcano map the other day and that strange boss had me killed very fast with magma orbs. This build is very good against any phys dmg, but you need a solution for spells. I did it with manual dodge, which worked just fine after I knew what was coming. Didn't die another time. But also trying a Stone of Lazhwar might be helpful...as much as I hate it. I wanted to stay away from the kinda silly generic BoR - Lazhwar - Rainbowstrides build, but that's the biggest current problem.

Apart from that, leveling feels very safe for me and I will take one more shield node and put the whole rest into life nodes. Testing a whole lot of builds though currently^^
seems like the duelist would have to travel alot, maybe its better to go shadow?
It works as Shadow too, just the starting nodes would be changed.

That's personal preference, I didn't know what to do with this Duelist^^

However, currently I am playing a different build which I feel is faster and safer.
Not sure if I will post a guide on it. You can see it on my profile, character name is Lorn_au_Arcos (Duelist, too). Dualwield Cleave with BoR and, thus, block. Leveled it from 74-ish to 95.

If you have further questions feel free to post here or PM me.
don't see the point of using aegis if u wont get some decent block and use hybrid gear ES/arm or eva, and try 2 get over 800es
you say tanky but make no use of aegis and your dps is LOW for an abyssus build.

i run an aegis tank with 6,5k ES, 15k AR, 71/60 block/spellblock without rumis and still have up to 40k dps fully charged. no abyssus. how do you deal with heavy spelldamage? die? ^^

btw you can try cast when stunned instead of cwdt. its the better choice for heavy blocktanks. oh wait ... ;-D

Last edited by NomadFX on Sep 29, 2015, 11:30:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info