Bloodlust

the state of bleed is not good, and how bloodlust support gem remained the way it is in 2.1 is crazy to me when you released poison, causing 100% chance to poison WITH INCREASED DAMAGE

that is exactly what phys melees need/bloodlust should be like, another damage gem and chance to bleed

i theorycrafted some 2handed high damage rt build with DoT/bleed increases and it still doesnt even seem worth it since a lot of bosses/mobs are stationary and cant even be knocked around while bleeding also never stacks

it could be a decent support gem over one of those silly elemental options (added fire for example) if it was like 25-30% more melee phys and x chance to cause bleeding, this way it wouldnt even need bleed increases since its made by the initial hit
Last edited by Giniyo on Jan 15, 2016, 4:34:10 PM
"
Giniyo wrote:
the state of bleed is not good, and how bloodlust support gem remained the way it is in 2.1 is crazy to me when you released poison, causing 100% chance to poison WITH INCREASED DAMAGE

that is exactly what phys melees need/bloodlust should be like, another damage gem and chance to bleed

Well said, but dont think GGG would listen to you or me, they good at BladeFall buffing for no reason when it absurdly OP.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
Well I finally bought myself a jack, the axe to make my bloodlust character using dual wield cleave since gladiator provides pretty decent options defensively and well as increasing consistency in damage with gratuitous violence.

Which is one of the main problems with blood right now, there's just not enough options to apply bleed efficiently. Right now if you don't use uniques with 100% chance to bleed or get a strong base weapon that also happens to have open suffix and then 2 divines to craft (lol), bleeding is just never consistent enough. Those 8 measly 8% bleed chance nodes on the tree, as well as the implicit modifiers of dragoon and other maraketh swords just seem totally pointless and weak when there are known 100% bleed methods. When considering single target damage you really need 100% bleed chance if you want to use bloodlust else you potentially waste to much time trying to apply a bleed.

My character has abnormally large aoe size on leap slam, (my main method of causing bleed) often leaping through several packs causes massive chain explosive which is fun, but ultimately I sacrifice a lot of efficiency on tree to grab aoe. in order to apply bleed to a lot of targets. Secondly I need RT for the same reason.

I think bloodlust should have an higher damage multiplier. It already has a rather high damage multiplier, but in reality the pain of needing to apply a bleed, even at 100% chance, just reduces damage output a lot. It also incentivizes not having a very strong bleed applying method obviously.
Yeah, I have to say... You put a new gem, Lacerate... That dont do bleeding... Ok maybe you just forget it... But you still put Poison gem for our RANGE Character, that do Chaos damage, so no reflect damage... WHY Bloodlust is not like POISON... WHY OH! WHY!!!

Give us Melee Bloodlust back, give us the chance to kill faster then Range people. You put the Gladiator, you give it + bleed... But you forgot to change Bloodlust to give him an advantage over the champion who got fortify FREE!
I would understand that Bloodlust negates the skill that apply bleed or the weapon with native bleed application but Ascendancy or skill tree shouldnt be negated. It cost us dearly to feat in both the tree and Ascendancy for not much and Bloodlust could be a good multiplyer. I hear puncture is super strong, well fix it rather than keep everyone else gimp.
GGG did a horrible job designing this gem. There has never been a single build that has used it to great success and its super clunky to have to apply a bleed with another skill.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Aug 13, 2016, 10:25:22 AM
Will having Bloodlust support nullify the chance of Noxious Strike (Assassin Ascendancy) triggering bleed from the active skill it's supporting?
Unsurprisingly, if an Attack cannot inflict Bleed, then it.. cannot inflict Bleed.

e; if you want to play it that way:
"I wasn't looking to answer a question that has been answered a dozen times before, but here I am". :/ Every thread about Bloodlust, including this very thread, has questions in the vein of "Can I still apply Bleed, even though Bloodlust says I can't", despite the description for Bloodlust being so very clear about its function.
Deal with it.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 1, 2016, 6:51:42 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Unsurprisingly, if an Attack cannot inflict Bleed, then it.. cannot inflict Bleed.

I did not ask for a rude reply, but thanks for providing one........
With Assassin's ability to inflict bleeds, I was easily able to use my Lacerate to inflict bleeds on bosses, then wear them down with a Viper Strike linked with this gem.

While this gem has no use without a support skill, its a huge damage increase for Viper Strike (and therefore its poison that it applies).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info