Frost Blades

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Vipermagi is correct - projectiles are fundamentally not melee, so are not scaled by melee-specific modifiers.

Sorry I am not up to date on the mechanics.

Wasn't there a change that projectile damage is affected by modifiers to the source of the projectile. Like Increased Bow damage would increase the Projectile damage?

From what mark said the melee part and the projectile both take there damage from your weapon in the normal way but after that are treated as completely separate skills for scaling purposes. Im not sure how specific weapon modifiers affect the projectile portion of the skill but id suspect that passives like 10% increased one handed damage scale both parts where as increased one handed melee damage only scale the melee part.

This in my opinion makes the skill very difficult to build for as you would need double the damage nodes to compete with pure a melee skill or a pure projectile skill but the freeze is very strong imo and its is orders of magnitude easier to use than lightning strike with has the same scaling issues.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
what ever has been done to frost blades not long ago has made it useless the one projectile I see seldom does any damage current char sion lvl 17
As a elemental, rather than physical, FB user I'm having great fun.
If the initial attack crits, do all the projectiles crit?
Peep
I know the extra damage will be in the projectiles, but will on crit effects be applied with the projectiles, freeze, shock etc...
Peep
1. Usually, yes. If you have Melee-specific Crit Chance (Crit cluster near RT, for example), this will not be the case. Conditional modifiers can also change the situation, naturally.

2. It's a Hit like any other, so, of course. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 20, 2016, 7:36:27 AM
Quality appears bugged

Equipping 20% quality gem

Rather than 0% quality gem

does NOT change DPS at all.

The quality effect 20% increase proj damage doesn't seem to apply

Please fix asap.
The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
The tooltip only lists the melee strike's Damage. It does not calculate Projectile Damage.
Not a bug, but an engine limitation.
Do weapon specific passives affect both the initial hit and the projectile. Like the crit from twin terrors or crit from claw passive nodes ? or just the initial hit?
The Projectiles are still Attacks 'with one-handers' (or whatever). Twin Terrors for example will apply.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info