Ice Crash

Hello,

I'm tryn to make my own personal build using ice crash as the main skill but there is something I can't really understand..

since it's a skill that make an AOE around its caster I can't see the point in make the character walk to the cursor position before you cast the skill (instead of just using the skill when you want to make damage)..

I can't imagine anyone who play this skill wanting that..

I usually leap slam to a certain position and then spam ICE crash but I often died because the cursor of my mouse was not in the exact damn center of the monitor (not so easy since I use a 40'' 4k tv ) and my character walked instead of hitting...moreover after the leapslam the cursor is never at the center of the screen of course..

If you don't want to change it I hope you will allow player to make choice about how they want their skill to be casted.

Actually the only way I think this skill is playable is whith perma-pressed shift button (otherwise the character just walks..and die).

I think you could introduce something like smart-cast menu in league of legends and let the player choose which skill they want to be always used as if the SHIFT button is pressed.

Hello all ! we are a handful of people wondering about a mechanic on Ice crash :

""Since ice crash hits in 3 stages as it spreads out, If you knockback mobs with attack due to tree talent or hege's era , is it possible they get hit by more waves than the first ? ""

We really would like to hear out either from someone who has tested and knows or even if a ggg developer could enlighten us :D

Cheers
What about Accuracy of this skill?
What will happen if i miss?
-All waves will miss
-1 will miss, 2 others woudn't
-Only initial hit. Waves will not
-Only initial hit. Waves have individual accuracy check.

or mb smthng else?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Each Hit rolls for chance to hit separately, just like everything else.
Also worth nothing: there is no initial Hit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 15, 2016, 6:06:59 AM
Hmmm.

So waves can miss? Separately? Or you said about common Hit?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
Yes, of course they can Miss. However, whether it connects or not is checked on a per-monster basis. If there are three monsters within the smallest radius, they all get their own separate Hit check.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 16, 2016, 1:01:49 PM
The quality on Ice Crash is really balls. 1% cold damage? Really? 1.1% cold damage scales pretty terribly with pretty much all ways this skill is built. 2.How the hell are we supposed to scale the AOE on this thing. Theres no AOE in the bottom half of the tree! You pretty much are FORCED to use Area of Effect on this skill if you want to have any semblance of clear speed.
Slayer gets 20%, the Templar is not out of reach, Carcass Jack exists. Unarmed gets Martial Artistry. Doomsower is a perfectly fine sword. Marohi Erqi gets you a ~freebie Inc AoE. I guess that's how you're supposed to scale Radius eh.
Doesn't change the fact the quality on the gem is garbage. Also, all those things you mentioned are really specific and most builds cannot reliably benefit from them except for carcass jack. Even then carcass jack in Hardcore usually means youre on your way to softcore..
Last edited by FoolyCoolant on Mar 10, 2016, 4:12:16 PM
Ice Crash needs to have either their attack speed penalty removed or be allowed to use with multistrike to be competitive skill with EQ (as it is the closest similar melee skill).

At the moment Ice crash falls so far behind other (more meta) melee skills, thats its almost unplayable.
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info