Ice Crash

If ice crash is melee aoe spell - just wondering what's best on a weapon - spell dmg - phys damage or both?'

TYVM
Ah thanks - thought it was a spell and attack- it really looks like a spell. Will I benefit from elemental dmg nodes on tree?

And ele dmg from weapons - I'm guessing yes.
And do we need armour for this as it's essentially melee.

Glad there's gonna be a respec soon as I love this (attack) and my tree was designed for cold snap lol.

And i guess the skill benefits from cold dmg on tree as well as area of effect nodes.

Just one more thing - this may sound like an odd question but on my weapon it says phys dmg: 85-167
and underneath - elemental dmg 9-135; however on weapon it says 9-135 lighting damage - so I guess I'm not benefitting from that dmg a it's lightning.

TYVM

Last edited by Turniphead2 on Nov 17, 2015, 2:27:17 PM
I was wondering if it's not about time to make mana cost of this skill in line with the rest of melee skills?

16 mana cost at level 20 is way too much compared to something like Static Strike (9 mana cost at level 20).

First I thought, that reason is due to built-in Multistrike support, but that's not the case, as skill doesn't behave like Multristrike enabled skill (only 1 of 3 waves can hit target). Then, reason could be due to Melee Splash like behaviour, but even if its multiplier would be counted in, it's way too much. Simple math: ~9 mana cost of regular melee skill * 160% mana cost multiplier of Melee Splash = 14.4 mana cost.

I think this skill should have not more than mana cost of 12-14 at level 20 instead of 16.
Last edited by logosys on Nov 22, 2015, 8:43:42 AM
is accuracy rating necessary for ground skill aoe effects such as ice crash? theorycrafting some and not sure if I need to account for accuracy or not
Yes. All Attacks check accuracy versus evasion, unless they have an Always Hit modifier; Vaal Attacks, Resolute Technique, that kinda stuff.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 9, 2015, 7:57:42 AM
Better late than never...

You could change the effect art of the shrinking ice puddles so that the puddles of ice after a hit shrink slower, and FADE OUT instead of drying all out.

The art is horrible to watch, it's too sharp, lacks any type of smoothness.

Also, personally, I would get rid of the "magic spell circles", looking like a "Frozen/Barbie" effect.
Make it natural, less ornamental fuzz, more dynamic organic, a mini shockwave avalanche with snowy rubble. LESS SPIKES.

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, there is currently a bug where the skill will occasionally use your default attack instead of casting the actual skill. I tested this extensively, other skills such as sweep and groundslam do not have this bug. (Note: I am running blood magic gem with my skills so its not because of me running out of mana)
I think the default attack stems from using the attacks when your facing close to a wall or some other object that you normally cant hit through. Run up and face a wall and try to use ice crash and it will just auto attack but if you turn around and face a different direction from the same spot ice crash will go off. I'm pretty sure it i'snt a bug but it can lead to some dicey situations.
Yeah, you're right it seems. Kinda confused as to why neither groundslam nor sweep seem to behave this way. In the last four month league I played (warbands), ice crash was not doing this. I'm playing in talisman atm, and the default attack thing with ice crash was irritating me so much I ended up switching to sweep, even though I am more built for ice crash. It's especially annoying in indoor maps such as mines, wastepool, etc. that have many obstructions.

Whatever they did to the skill that makes it behave this way, it would be nice if they reverted it.
Game devs and their lack of logic. So tired of it. I just spent three days getting an Ice Crash character to 34 (yes, my time is limited) only to find out that the skill doesn't do what the tooltip says it does. I'm seriously considering uninstalling this game now because the devs apparently can't be bothered to write proper tooltips. Stop wasting my time!

Ice Crash reads:

"Slam the ground with your main hand weapon, damaging enemies in an area around the impact in three stages. Enemies take slightly less damage on the second and third stage."

So how the hell do the devs want players to interpret this text? Because I sure as hell assumed that any enemy within its radius would be hit by all three stages, but that's not how it works. It's pure illogical stupidity to write a tooltip in this way.

Quit my character and I sure as heck don't think I'll be bothered to roll something else. If you want to waste three days of my gaming time because you can't write a proper tooltip then why would I bother playing your game?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info