Ice Crash

I feel very baited. Wording on Gem REALLY needs to be fixed

I was wondering why I wasnt seeing damage on the 2nd or 3rd hit. Turns out an enemy cant be damaged by more than 1 of the circles. This is in no way indicated on the gem.

Makes the last two circles pretty damn useless given that the AOE doesnt get significantly larger.

Gem wording REALLY needs to reflect that an enemy cannot be damaged by more than 1 circle
I'm not sure how Ice Crash works now, but here is another idea how to make it more interesting and unique :
- Each enemy can be hit only once per attack
- Each stage hits entire circle, instead of ring
- Each stage procs its own accuracy check

Thus if you miss with the first stage, you still can hit central target with subsequent stages, and lose only part of the damage.

Also I think damage loss should be stronger, like -20/-40 instead of current -10/-20.

P.S. My favorite skill in entire game.
Sometime Ice Crash doesn't deal any damage.

My accuracy rating is 100%. But when I use ice crash, sometime it can't deal any damage. I think it maybe has some problem.

Hope that you can check this gem.
It's so hard to see anything around your character when using this skill.
To illustrate my point that it's hard to see around you with ice crash, here it is in dark forest. I have good FPS (RTX 2070) but that doesn't make things any better.

https://gfycat.com/hiddennegligiblebellfrog

I really do enjoy the skill and I like how it looks. It looks brutal as it should, but it has it's downside. There is no chance I am going to see anything below me. This can be super frustrating, especially in a game like Path of Exile with his one shot abilities and the loss of experience at high level.

Some players suggested an alternative Microtransaction for it. But I am not sure if that is the right solution. To lock something that important behind a Microtransaction.

I would most likely purchase it anyway as I play this skill every season as my main and starter skill and I would buy any Ice crash Skill effect. But it would be unfortunate for new players or others that just wanna give that skill a try.

On the other hand, there might be players that like the skill because of it's current effect. Like the controversial Shattering sound effect change (I play Ice Crash every season and shattering is a big part of it) and I couldn't care less about this change.
new ice crash visual effect (3.11) still cannot see the bottom of it (that smog effect when you slam is killing me cannot see anything) . The new sound of ice crash is horrible, prefer previous one better.

Last edited by adioscowboy on Jun 21, 2020, 12:19:03 AM
I have some bug or something. Ice Crash second and third stage did not count the damage.
Ice Crash's initial stage is a bit too small. I find the attack doesn't cover the needed area to eliminate threats in a necessary way. I can't seem to figure out how to speed this up either, unless it's simply tailwind style action speed.

If there were more ways to actually speed this up, or if the time gap between the crush's first and third options were shortened, it would make for a much more effective tool at mitigating threat. Currently I find the rings are too slow to actually provide the needed threat to control AOE safely.

With a near identical set of gems I can control AOE with Sweep or Tectonic slam without needing anything special for changes. Tectonic slam is rather slow as well, but consecrated ground is safer due to the movement provided.

The competition seems to defeat this option in terms of threat and control, but this option provides those ice bonuses and such. Generally, I wouldn't make noise about something like this, but it's become a death prone thing while leveling my newer character. Until this point it's simply been me mopping and killing everything, and now I just randomly die to things. Even with 80% all res and over 4500 life.

The rings simply don't provide the needed crowd control.
Last edited by funplayer on Apr 10, 2022, 2:51:30 AM
Just hopped on ice crash this league and was going to post something about its horrid visual clarity just to see posts from 2015 about how bad it is. The cloud bursts that erupt from the crash itself just lingers on the screen and when you are hitting multiple times a sec it just fills the screen with useless particles that block everything from sight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info