Ice Crash

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 5, 2024, 4:00:52 PM
Finally something new to play with for Facebreakers! That one fact alone makes the skill awesome.

I wish the graphical effect were less obtrusive, it makes it very hard to see what's happening, especially other ground effects (bloodline packs).
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
It seems that if you attack an enemy directly (click on it), the enemy will only be damaged by the fist stage of ice crash not the second and third stage, even in the enemy is big enough to be standing in the second and third stage. Is this the intended way for the skill to work?
How is the total damage calculated then? Tooltip * 2.4 (100% + 80% + 60%)? Provided all 3 waves hit the target, which doesn't always seem to be the case.
"
holocaustus wrote:
How is the total damage calculated then? Tooltip * 2.4 (100% + 80% + 60%)? Provided all 3 waves hit the target, which doesn't always seem to be the case.

A monster can only be hit by one stage per attack, so if they're hit by the central strike, they won't be hit by the second or third strike. The DPS shown by the skill is the damage dealt to central targets.
Balance & Design
So if i understand correctly if i hit target directly he wont be hit by any AOE wave? Does this mean that target hit by 1st aoe wave (stage 2) wouldnt be damaged by stage 3?
Last edited by nadsumus on Jul 13, 2015, 8:33:42 PM
All three are AoE, each one bigger than the last.
As Rory said, any given target can only be hit by one of them. Once it's been hit by on part of the skill, it won't also be hit by the following ones.
Well i never noticed aoe on 1st hit.So this aoe must be pretty damm small. Also It makes whole 3 - wave attack a bit pointless. Or rather - misleading. When i read descryption of this skill i was sure that it hit 1 target for full damage, then there will be 2 waves that hit ALL targets for 80% and 60%. If its like stated, when one target is hit by only 1 wave, whats the point of having 3 of them? Wouldnt simple AoE that deals more damage in center and lower at the edges be better?

I suggest changing description to something like this: "Slam the ground dealing damage in area around you. Enemies futher from the center of explosion take more less damage."
Or simply adding info that 1 target cna be hit by only one wave.

Lastly. mostly out of curosity: What was reasonign behind giving Ice crash 25% lower attack speed, AND preventign it from using mutistrike? Was it because skill seemed too strong? Honestly, when i saw it for teh 1st time, i tought its fair price to pay for using this skill. But yet again, i tought that it will hit 1 target up to 3 times, and all others 2 times.
Last edited by nadsumus on Jul 14, 2015, 5:18:36 AM
"
Rory wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:

A monster can only be hit by one stage per attack, so if they're hit by the central strike, they won't be hit by the second or third strike. The DPS shown by the skill is the damage dealt to central targets.

I see. Well I guess that would have been too good to be true. But maybe it could be clarified in the tooltip; the way it reads now implies that it doesn't work with MS because it already hits 3 times.
Plz write radius values of all stages
Last edited by wasama on Jul 14, 2015, 10:22:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info