Rallying Cry

Interested to know how (or if) this skill interacts with Spell Echo. It seems most likely to me that it isn't supported by SE at all (because it lacks the spell keyword), but it would be neat if you could double-count the surrounding enemies.
Not a Spell -> no Echo.
Yeah, that was what I figured. Too bad. Used to be echo was one of the few things worth supporting Enduring Cry with (apart from trigger gems, obviously). Now I guess Increased Duration works for both of them. Increased AoE? Could be good since the AoE is already so big, a % boost would be that much more impressive.

I remember that Enduring Cry didn't used to "hit". Is this still true, and is it true of Rallying Cry as well? Setting one of them up as "Curse on Hit" could be worthwhile.

Right now I'm having some trouble working this skill into my characters: there just isn't enough synergy to justify using up the socket. Mana is a solved problem in so many other ways, and when I need more damage the most (versus single, powerful foes) this ability becomes much less powerful: I'd almost always take another round of Enduring Cry's heal if I'm going to be invested in a warcry.

I could see it as a good way to fix mana issues early in the life of a new character, but for an older established one I just don't really see the point. Supplemental mana regen for Mind over Matter? More mana regen is always nice, but again, MoM guys need HP as well, and it's really tough to compete with the heal on Enduring Cry.
What is the radius on the Damage + Mana buff given to allies?
Can I increase this radius with an Increased Area of Effect Support Gem?
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Is the damage portion of the buff calculated when you cast it and then remaining constant for the duration, or is it constantly updating depending on how many enemies are around you at any given moment?
It's determined on-activation.
Thank you.

Another observation/question: when I have RC active with some duration remaining, and I do a new RC, the timer on the old RC keeps ticking down, and when it reaches zero it starts ticking down again as if I've just cast that new RC. However, there is no stack number shown on the buff.

How does this stacking/queueing work? Does it actually stack? Or does the new RC overwrite the old one but the timer shows incorrect information until the end of the old buff's duration?
It's stacking, but only the strongest Increased Damage Buff is actually active.

Let's say RC lasts 10 seconds:
0.00: cast RC with 10 enemies
5.00: cast RC with 5 enemies - RC1 buff in display, RC2 dormant
10.00: RC1 ends, RC2 is next-strongest Buff and takes over in the display

11.00: cast RC with 15 enemies - RC3 takes over, RC2 goes dormant again
15.00: RC2 ends (not visible), RC3 is still active
21.00: RC3 ends
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 7, 2016, 6:22:14 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's stacking, but only the strongest Increased Damage Buff is actually active.

Let's say RC lasts 10 seconds:
0.00: cast RC with 10 enemies
5.00: cast RC with 5 enemies - RC1 buff in display, RC2 dormant
10.00: RC1 ends, RC2 is next-strongest Buff and takes over in the display

11.00: cast RC with 15 enemies - RC3 takes over, RC2 goes dormant again
15.00: RC2 ends (not visible), RC3 is still active
21.00: RC3 ends

But it seems it always shows the former buff, no matter what. So you cant see its true duration often.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I stumbled upon rallying cry when I noticed the "Damage taken Gained as Mana" modifier on the Spirited Response jewel.
Playing a freezing pulse witch I usually aim for speed in my playstyle. Rallying cry would fit into my build by enhancing damage, possibly even replacing mana leech. I'd even make changes to my skill setup and kick another jewel out for Spirited Response. Unfortunately it is no option at the moment: casting Rallying Cry before encountering enemies totally contradicts my playstyle, because you have to stop moving and casting when performing the warcry.

The problem is not pushing another button (though it would be nice to link it to cast on crit or cast when damage taken), but being forced to "stop playing" to use it. Why can't a warcry be performed while moving and casting?
Last edited by BlackRainbow666 on Feb 6, 2016, 4:38:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info