[2.0] Dual Incinerate Totems 100k Aoe dps /// Rank #1 First Day --- Cheap

"
tehdarkz wrote:
Hey, thanks for this great build. I've been using it as an inspiration for my own build. There's one thing that bothers me though: I'm using Three Dragons, grabbed +10% freeze/ignite/shock from the tree, have HoI and HoT activated and as far as I can tell, the Heralds' secondary effects never go off. The only time I've seen lightning rain from the sky was when I had a Diamond Shrine active (coincidence? I think not).

Is it just me or are the status ailments, which are supposed to be applied when using the two Heralds and Three Dragons, just not happening? Is it because Incinerate can't crit? What else could cause this behavior?

Now I'm thinking of replacing the Heralds with Anger (been running Discipline next to Heralds) and remove Three Dragons altogether..
10% chance to shock is a bit low imho, I used to play with 15% in pre 2.0. But you can still most certainly see many shocked mobs, especially trash.

As for the secondary effect, it happens only if you kill the shocked mob. But it's your totems that kill mobs, not you. Sometimes, it happens there's no more totem alive when the mob die (from a slight burn for example), in which case the kill is attributed to you and the effect procs.

I don't use 3D personally, and Anger is totally worth it.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Oct 13, 2015, 2:07:48 PM
Can I get some input on my variant of the tree? Should be considerably more dps.
Compared to OP's tree:
1 extra jewel node (total of 5)
40% more fire damage
25% less totem life
15% less cast speed
Using Elemental Equilibrium for more damage (Ice Nova + Trap + Multiple Traps)
Everything else the same more or less.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAt9YIZ9tZV-GTOi2o-WW9J7GQvoAhwxg8GFaDCZDW-ehvnoLHQYfxsyj6tz5LV5itg8z-CsDjPC3YvfJFxq6DXzWSOuHE9hDM_o-mVyftr6f-hwYOHM49D3sg1HwrUHy7-JMJ9g3NOtj-VOw4Jy-Fe4KbkFVmVJo7GjjtPOFzWfPVpqIAcg_wHwSzcYVmnmjywGZ65vMR-tJY5WP9sUIWbxcvKhNG1-NqJKpk51orNulV1qPyGmyApJ2upwgDdevukSsc3HyDmuBYd48ap5QRLUWdXwReXSycU1LR_U3j
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by Gensou on Oct 14, 2015, 4:52:56 AM
"
Gensou wrote:

Doesn´t the Incinerate totem cast like a million times per second?
You basically make mobs harder to deal with for yourself, or do totems not proc EE?
"
Transom wrote:
"
Gensou wrote:

Doesn´t the Incinerate totem cast like a million times per second?
You basically make mobs harder to deal with for yourself, or do totems not proc EE?

Hm, EE says it's temporary. Is there a cooldwon to the EE being proc'd?

I remember doing searing bond totems templar in anarchy league that used multiple trap ice nova to proc EE and it worked out well. You might be right though, I don't know how well it would work with incinerate.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
So tell me how does ur
cwdt - imortal call- phase run work???
phase run got lesser casttime, so its casted first and then cancelled.
doesnt matter wich order you put them in...
thats what i experienced -.-
"
Spoiler
"
tehdarkz wrote:
Hey, thanks for this great build. I've been using it as an inspiration for my own build. There's one thing that bothers me though: I'm using Three Dragons, grabbed +10% freeze/ignite/shock from the tree, have HoI and HoT activated and as far as I can tell, the Heralds' secondary effects never go off. The only time I've seen lightning rain from the sky was when I had a Diamond Shrine active (coincidence? I think not).

Is it just me or are the status ailments, which are supposed to be applied when using the two Heralds and Three Dragons, just not happening? Is it because Incinerate can't crit? What else could cause this behavior?

Now I'm thinking of replacing the Heralds with Anger (been running Discipline next to Heralds) and remove Three Dragons altogether..
10% chance to shock is a bit low imho, I used to play with 15% in pre 2.0. But you can still most certainly see many shocked mobs, especially trash.

As for the secondary effect, it happens only if you kill the shocked mob. But it's your totems that kill mobs, not you. Sometimes, it happens there's no more totem alive when the mob die (from a slight burn for example), in which case the kill is attributed to you and the effect procs.

I don't use 3D personally, and Anger is totally worth it.
That makes sense, thanks for clearing things up. On a second view I did see the mobs get shocked and burned, I just got confused with the Heralds not proccing the secondary abilities. Gonna get rid of 3D and the Heralds then since Anger provides more flat DPS!
Hi, can someone tell me which nodes to take first? The tree goes in 3 different directions and each one looks important!
You could use something like that for normal progression. The jewel slots early helps to fix build weakness, provided you have some jewels already. Jewels that convert stats in area to another are especially useful (str to int or dext). Once this tree is completed, add some more life points, because it's short on that, then dive in templar area for damage, cast speed and life. An intermediate tree could look like that (note the slight rerouting in templar area to get the 10 dext point).

I started with projectile nodes personally, but I eventually refunded them to take the mana nodes instead, and save many passives in the process.

@mr47: Phase Run must be the last gem, ie. the most to bottom left, linked in the cwdt setup. This is because anything cast after phase run will break the buff and replace it with the more damage buff.

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Oct 19, 2015, 1:00:21 PM
Where does the build gain endurance charges from to make use of Immortal Call?
** HC Only! **
Would a controlled destruction benefit the incenerate totem? I dont think it can crit and it would give a better dps boost i think compared to slower projectiles ;) Please answer!!
Last edited by lamaj on Jan 16, 2016, 4:20:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info