Map crashes [Gamebreaking]

looks like i won't be playing my high level characters until this is fixed... :(
"
pwnpoints wrote:
TEMPORARY FIX
Placing portals in an untainted part of the map seems to solve instance crashes related to item/body clutter upon re-entry. I've just tested this in a high quantity map, it works 100%.

Path of Optimal Portal Placement confirmed.

This is especially true in fracture maps. Though this may only work when you get the error: Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred. Not the other problem mentioned here.

Not sure if it will help, but a character from my 2nd computer at 800x600 with -ns (no sound) and -nopreload was able to enter a portal placed in a fracture map that my main computer (1440p) would always crash to the loading screen. Might be worth lowering the resolution to potato graphics to try and rescue the remaining portals if you placed a portal near too many objects.
5 pages about a truly gamebreaking bug and not a single response from the staff...but come on, it's (theoretically) a free game, so it's all fair and square...right? Right guys?

Sorry for being sarcastic, but it really seems the beta still wasn't long enough, if major bugs like this and the frequent unrelated disconnects still exist. And in my opinion the game is not free, cause even when you aren't a loot hoarder you just can't play it properly with 4 stash tabs. It's just not possible.
Just happened to me when I died on the Quarry map; I stayed connected to the server but the map instance crashed and just disappeared from my hideout.
I'm getting random disconnects and 2/10 times i get disconnected when trying to connect to an instance. (nearly impossible to play)

Only started maybe 2 days ago.
My map portals just disappeared from my hideout. I opened the portals, zoned to Sarn to test some gem combinations, then zoned back to my hideout and all the portals were gone. Really frustrating waste of currency.
Last edited by ascv on Jul 16, 2015, 4:10:40 AM
Bump

Lost 3 map in the last hour (Amsterdam server)

http://plays.tv/video/55a766f00285eb4114

Yesterday evening 2x happened in 1 hour (Frankfurt server)

#disappointed

Level 100 Ranger fb_stnemesis
Level 100 Witch fb_HungarianWitch
Level 100 Scion fb_scioonn
In game mostly at CEST 6PM-8PM (not every day), except weekends
Last edited by fbzzs on Jul 16, 2015, 4:17:51 AM
Has been happening to me recently, and the most recent times it happened to me, my portal was next to a master. Maybe that has something to do with it? Good luck devs trying to fix this!
Just happend to me too, was fine for 3 portals. Whent out to do some tradeing, could not get in. Had 4 remaining portals, DC'd on every one. On the last one I even restarted the client.

3 754 837 988 reference number
IGN: CuteLittleArsonist / BobTheBro / MuchIIQsuchLoot
Last edited by wigg55 on Jul 16, 2015, 9:47:15 AM
well i guess alts time since i cant do maps ......

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info