[2.0] Facebreaker Icecrash 80K+ Dps

i wish ui would have read more commets before going threw with this build now im going to hafe to re color all my gear :(

but none the less i like the build just wish i woudda payed more attention to auras
Last edited by bomag on Aug 19, 2015, 9:13:17 PM
1. does this build have fast clear speed say compared to a iceshot ranger?

2. can this build do well even with only a 800% facebreak?
I'm at level 83 right now, and until recently was following this build.

With 2.0 I respecced very slightly into Ice crash, but am having some trouble with survivability. I'm at 4.6k life, 11k armour, and about 41k (buffed) ice crash tooltip dps (I am running magic-find supports, though. Could be a lot higher but it felt kinda overkill)

My build so far:

My gear:

I'm thinking about swapping out Abyssus. It will cripple my DPS, but the increased damage taken is just too much, I'm dying quite a bit in 70-72 maps (bosses mostly). Any suggestions for a replacement helm?

I think if I lose the Abyssus I might be able to swap to a 5L carcass jack as well. Until recently I was using this shield as well, but have been shifting my focus so much back into survivability:

It's possible I need to revise my skill tree and pick up more HP, too, but any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by evilstarship on Aug 23, 2015, 8:49:42 AM
Very good build, trying it out with my legacy facebreakers as well

One thing though, I would recommend taking Unyielding especially since you have an Abyssus, the amount of damage it reduces from physical crits are insane (and its right next to where you are on the tree anyways). Physical crits are probably your biggest concern with this build

Also due to the change to reduced mana, taking 3 auras isn't that easy anymore. Hence would probably recommend altering the build tree to something like this

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRLhFCAVIBZvFy8ZtBo4Gj4blxzOIuInCycvKk0rUCzpLYMt0i5TL8wyCTJONZI8BTwtPQ89_D8nQKBHfkfiSshNRlBHUWBVqVXWWGNZ814TXz9i7GTnZU1mnmebaPJqAWxGbqpyD3Jscql07XaseTl673zZffV-4oCkg1-DtoPMhNmE74azhtGMz5BVl7SfPqIAouqkOamVrKqsr64-r2yvp7Xytoq3Pr02vqfAZsC_wYLEFcRYxPbGrsbYz37RNtNv2L3aweIs42rkUeoY7w7vTu988B_yL_MG9kj3MvrS-6r-Cv5U

Its a bit annoying have to take so many extra nodes, however at the same time, they do pump the strength of aura's, so not all is lost.

Also if you are not getting ES and instead going for armor/evasion for w/e reason (I am currently using normals for chest, but likely to go Darreseo's/Belly of the Beast), then there is no reason to get Faith in Steel.

I would also, at the cost of some DPS, remove the 2 melee damage and attack speed nodes (and some others) to try and get some extra endurance chargers. Running Abyssus's is really hard, particularly when you start doing late game maps. You are probably going to need 5 (maybe 6) endurance charges + fortify to be able to tank physical crits

Else its a really nice build, baring heavy hitting physical hits you have very good defense in general (high block rate + plenty of room to use items to augment your defense, such as getting spell block)

You could also do an alternate version that uses an Alpha Howl (instead of Abyssus) + general evasion/armor. You would lose a chunk from your DPS, but your defence would be insane. The +2 on Auras from Alpha Howl + reduced mana + extra reduced mana nodes may let you get an extra aura in, which can make up for some of the lost damage. If you have top rolls in + extra physical damage for rings, this can work. Anything above 80k DPS is probably overkill
Last edited by deteego on Aug 23, 2015, 8:31:24 AM
i am also trying this build. and instead of added cold, i am using fortify. as you said, you linked cold dmg just because you run out of chroms. my question is, is it better to use fortify or added fire dmg?
I was looking at facebreaker builds and wondered if the physical damage multiplier on facebreakers applied to damage reflection. It seems that reflected physical damage comes at higher flat damage numbers than normal additional physical damage on rings and amulets.
See spiked shields, Leo Redmane, The Anvil, and such.
If so, would optimizing your block chance be a better investment than increasing +15-22 physical damage.
I think I'm now working toward this build now. An important detail is that I'm trying to get more overall armour to offset Abyssus, by using this jewel in conjunction with "Faith and Steel"

This gives a whopping 76% armour increase From just the Faith & steel nodes

The other change I've made is to go for Iron Reflexes. I figure that since the build is focussed on Block chance, evasion isn't really as useful as amour (we would prefer to block, triggering counters and other block procs, than evade attacks)

I'm also playing around with shield charge + faster attacks + melee splash as my main skill now. It's just too much fun...
Last edited by evilstarship on Sep 13, 2015, 12:51:56 AM
thx for your great guide!

I used a tanky variation of this build to get all the challenges in the 1 month flashback league in 1 week and it was really easy and fun to play no matter what mods and monsters where spawning. I'm not a good player, so I put a lot more into defenses and less into offense (I'm one-shotting white mobs anyway with a simple 4 link). if you want more dps, just follow Pahxy's build :)

Full Tank: lvl 85 marauder

4270 life
16567 armour
60% chance to block attacks
30% chance to block spells

20600 dps ice crash
4600 dps reckoning

gem setup:
offense: ice crash + meele phys + faster attacks + fortify
fortiy reduces damage taken by 20% - counteracting the abyssus damage penalty greatly.

auras: hatred + herald of ash
the overkill ignite from herald of ash is pretty nice on larger mobs

swaping fortify with "added fire damage" gives +4000 dps

movement + MF: flame dash + culling strike + IIR
good movement spell and nice for culling bosses

defense: Reckoning + curse on hit + warlords mark + life gain on hit
curse gives life leech and mana leech and also endurance charges. life gain on hit is great, because with ice crash you have to be in the middle of every mob to do max damage and with every block you gain even more life.
it is also a great pleasure to see how monsters kill themselves and dissolve in a herald of ash fire nova, just by attacking you :D

chaos golem = 4% reduced phys damage taken
enduring cry + increased duration (self cast) for endurance charges
cast when damage taken + immortal call + tempest shield + increased duration
tempest shield gives 3% block chance for free. gg

Gear (super cheap, cost me less then 10chaos)
Spoiler

skill tree lvl 85

notes: I had some evasion gear earlier, now I can get rid of "iron reflexes"
"unwavering stance" is also a cowards choice (:
Last edited by PopeJo on Oct 18, 2015, 9:30:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info