[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

"
motorlife wrote:
Hi LiftingNerdBro, where do i find those Revenants?

Thank you, awesome guide!

They can be found in the new act 4 content. I can't remember the name for the specific zone and I am on may way to bed. I will tell you tomorrow mate, ok? =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Anyone done Malachai yet? =)

I just did Malachai on normal; it was the slowest and most tedious fight I've every done in PoE.

The shear amount of times I died and respawned only to die again within a few seconds again and again was amazing. Good lord; it was like I was throwing human suffering at it until I accomplished a great feat!

Still; Summoning builds at the moment feels a bit crippled because of certain bosses in Act IV. They simply wipe out my minions to easily and a lot of bosses don't give you corpses to work with. The Malachai fight had it but every minion of his I kill; i only have a brief second to summon a zombie because he will remove the corpse faster than me. Not to mention the bullet hell AoE and minions walking into them.

Pressing on to cruel!
"
"
motorlife wrote:

They can be found in the new act 4 content. I can't remember the name for the specific zone and I am on may way to bed. I will tell you tomorrow mate, ok? =)

Sure thing! thank you :D
curious as to why you go minion health rather than minion damage near death attunement.

Also... how do you deal with your STR and DEX requirements? Do you just try to get it on gear? Or do you leave skills like chain, multistrike, fortify at a low level?
Once I post an offer in a thread, I never check back. If I win something, please PM me.

IGN: _Keone
Last edited by confessions721 on Jul 12, 2015, 5:23:10 AM
"
motorlife wrote:
"
"
motorlife wrote:

Sure thing! thank you :D

you find them in the belly of the beast zone. I believe it's the 2nd to the last zone.
Once I post an offer in a thread, I never check back. If I win something, please PM me.

IGN: _Keone
"
curious as to why you go minion health rather than minion damage near death attunement.

Also... how do you deal with your STR and DEX requirements? Do you just try to get it on gear? Or do you leave skills like chain, multistrike, fortify at a low level?

As you suggest yourself, I get it on gear. Mastercrafting is great for this =)

As for minion life over minion damage, that is because I already feel that the minions deal plenty of damage and I would rather they stay alive than having to resummon them all the time.

There is nothing wrong with picking the damage nodes however.
Going live on twitch in 10 minutes if you guys have questions =)

www.twitch.tv/liftingnerdbro
hi i was wondering if this build could be used as a srs witch in terms of the skill tree . I can't find a srs build for the awakening patch
I noticed in your Scion build that you spend 3 skillpoints to grab 18% energy shield total around the ES wheel containing 'Unnatural calm'.

Wouldn't it be better off to branch from Deep wisdom into the witch starting area, where the 3 nodes give you 26% energy shield and 10% increased recovery rate? Or am I missing something?
Last edited by Swaggerz on Jul 12, 2015, 2:59:04 PM
Awesome build, just what I was looking for, love summoners builds and was looking for one for The Awakening.

A few questions:

How viable is this to start from scratch in the new league? (SC)

What are the major pros/cons of the Templar vs Scion vs Witch?

Late game, can the build run decent MF and still be effective to run high lvl maps?

PS: I apologize if these questions are answered in the video, I have not been able to watch it, yet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info