(3.2) [Lighty] 2H RT Cyclone: Dope for Beast League & Lab™

"
Therian wrote:
I am curious why don't you use increased area of effect? Wouldn't having a larger cyclone damage area speed up runs? 20% gives 10% dmg as well.

I was thinking gem layout would be
blood magic - life on hit - cyclone - fortify - melee physical - increased area of effect

That setup is fine and it boils down to preference, I would suggest that setup for Atziri and swapping conc effect for single target while keeping in aoe for the trash. I personally dont need the aoe because i have +2 weapon range on my coronal mace so my aoe is perfectly acceptable for mapping.
LightyGaming.com
"
Jokerilum wrote:
just recently got back to game after being missing for a year, using this or similar build, can you give some advice about gear and passives respec?

Literally all of this information is in the guide. The gear can be 100% rares or a few uniques and the passive trees focuses on survivability with a high dps presence in maps, this makes 2H RT Cyclone a great choice in a new league; even for hardcore.
LightyGaming.com
"
Tommy4798 wrote:
Lighty, why do you have so many duelist variations e.g. duelist
mace, axe, sword, marauder mace... etc? Which works best? Im so lost
with what I should pick lol. What do you think about Duelist Dagger+Shield
cyclone?

I have most every viable passive tree variations because some people have previous characters with resets from 2.0's release and dont want to re level and other already have a nice 2H weapon they would like to build around. Marauder is superior and axes are best within a new league because of Kaom's Primacy. If you have 10000 exalts swords are best fallowed by maces which have better aoe and minor loss in dps. Dagger cyclone is a completely fucking different thing and the only reason to run daggers is if your crit and if you are going crit daggers there's better builds to go than cyclone.
LightyGaming.com
"
Pattty wrote:
One think i can say is, there is no "best build"

There is and its Fyndel's wander.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1012208
LightyGaming.com
"
DarthCidious wrote:
Okay my feedback on uber bosses, I died 4 times on my way to the vaals and twice on the vaals themselves - You can't face tank anything, waiting for your video :D
sadly i cant find any currenct cyclone video on ubers from warbands so i coudlnt tailor my build etc

gear:
Spoiler

Talents: your talents pretty much except for lacking 1 jewel 2 phys damage and 1 hp node sine im only 92

Going to have to Enduring Cry Immortal Call Trash and Trio, It will take forever but i cant see any other way to do it in a new league as 2H Cyclone. Maybe Running knockback but that sounds dumb as shit. I will most likely go Phase acro which makes me cringe but Evasion and doge seems the best for trash on Uber.
LightyGaming.com
"
Pattty wrote:
I got a newbie question, how does cwdt works?

It will automatically cast the linked spells in clock wise order when each on reaches its damage taken amount ( 528 damage taken at lv1 ). So if its CWDT + CURSE + GOLEM and i get hit for 600 damage, the curse will auto cast withing stopping what im doing and curse the target that dealt me that 600 damage. Then if i get hit for 550 damage the golem with be cast aside me. Make sure your supported spells are the level or lower that CWDT says. At lv 1 CWDT can cast spells 38 or lower.
LightyGaming.com
"
Taintertots wrote:
How do you get both auras and Herald of ash? I have all the aura passives, but I am still lacking 3% mana. Currently I am sitting at 41% for both Haste and Anger, and 21% for HoA..

What am I missing here to get them all going at the same time?

Level 3 Enlighten or the Conquerors Efficiency Jewel.
LightyGaming.com
"
Valmar wrote:
"
Taintertots wrote:
How do you get both auras and Herald of ash? I have all the aura passives, but I am still lacking 3% mana. Currently I am sitting at 41% for both Haste and Anger, and 21% for HoA..

What am I missing here to get them all going at the same time?

We are talking about:

*Hatred (50%) + Haste (50%)

or

*Hatred (50%) + Herald of Ash (25%) + Arctic Armour (50%)

or even

*Hatred (50%) + Determination (50%) for some maps or builds

I think Lighty rebuild his guide saying taking mana reserve nodes for extra auras doesn't worth the invest.

Yep basically but if you want to run 3 check the above post for what needed aside from the 2 aura clusters.
LightyGaming.com
"
victorlee wrote:
Hey guys, currently lvl 68 using Wings of Entropy cause I think its a cool item.

However, couple questions regarding skill tree progression from here:

Current Tree
Spoiler
http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQABLMFLQlYCZYLYQxfDc0OPBLhFCAUcRXsGJEcpxzOIWArUDboOQ46UjwFQKBGt0d-UEdTpVdUXhNfP2BBYVJjcGVNaPJyqXTtdqx4enrvfNl99YIHhNmE74VShmCHKYdqirORzpLQk6iXeZkrogCpJ6mUrY2vbK-nuR277byfvTa9gb6nwGbBi8T2xq7KkM9-02_T_Nlh2Xzawdun5FHqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_3Mvjr_lQ=

1. Is there any particular preferred order in grabbing all the 2h/axe damage clusters? I'm talking about Wrecking Ball, Executioner, Slaughter, Cleaving, Splitting Strikes. I am planning on finishing Rampart cluster before I move on to these damage clusters.

2. Are the dual wield block clusters I picked up worth it? Dervish and Blade Barrier. I'm considering refunding them at this point, but unsure.

3. Are there any better ways to pick up dex from the tree besides the 30 dex node I have to spend one point to get to near Iron Grip? I need the dex to level haste. I currently don't wear a dex amulet but I feel like it may not be enough on its own anyway?

1) Splitting strikes > Wrecking Ball > Slaughter are the best, cleaving and executioner can be saved for later.

2) If your going to run WoE forever than its fine but your going to have a hard fucking time getting much anything done with that weapon.

3) Devoto's Devotion Helm & Fluid Motion jewel are popular option ( both mentioned in the guide ). Best case scenario is you have high rolls of dex & int on jewelry.
LightyGaming.com
"
DuFFzbar wrote:
Any other decent gem/skills, that would keep good dps I can use with this build? I love cyclone, im just wondering if I can get away with using something else ever now and then.

Static Strike, Ice crash Sweep are almost exactly the same build. You can just swap them in and out but your going to have to re-chrome your link since there both red.
LightyGaming.com
Last edited by Lighty on Jul 31, 2015, 11:35:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info