"
Lighty wrote:
awesome news man! :D
Hey Lighty, I just looted:

Empire's Grasp, Goliath Gauntlets, level 53
+400-600 Armour
Knockback direction is reversed
Socketed Gems are Supported by level 15 Knockback

Any good with cyclone? Never seen em before, so I guess they're new.
A question about choosing the chest piece.
Those are my current stat:
Spoiler

And this is my current chest:

So I was considering switching that chest for a Kaom's Heart, since I don't need the links in my chest.
But Belly of the beast looks attractive to me aswell.
I'm tempted to save up for a Heart, but I'm not so sure yet, opinions?
Should I keep my current chest, go for a Heart or a Belly?
Is that a trick question? Belly blows that chest out of the water... I'd actually prefer belly to heart because you kind of need the links and the difference between 500 heart and belly is not what it is for OPs 1000 heart...

Hope that helps.

Also: get life on all the other gear pieces, too 3k life is definitely not enough...
Last edited by biomuesli on Jul 19, 2015, 5:47:27 PM
"
A question about choosing the chest piece.
Those are my current stat:
Spoiler

And this is my current chest:

So I was considering switching that chest for a Kaom's Heart, since I don't need the links in my chest.
But Belly of the beast looks attractive to me aswell.
I'm tempted to save up for a Heart, but I'm not so sure yet, opinions?
Should I keep my current chest, go for a Heart or a Belly?

I am really wondering about this also. Will Kaoms heart provide any extra DPS increase? I am not sure how the increase % fire damage applies to us.
Thanks for the answer!
Also im pretty bad at deck building and your tree is quite defferent from other cyclone trees. Mostly about aura notes - Champion of the Cause and Sovereignty, forify notes Rampart and Life leech notes ( heard its nerfed but works for me ). Can you explain why this notes instead of some life? And why almost everyone runs axe? I dont see a dps adventage, axe notes are better or what?
Just coming by to say the biggest thanks in my 2.0 experience to a build.

Had a SRS char, turned down.
Had a discharger, turned down.
Had a shockwave totem char, turned down.

Had a spare marauder 70 ish, having a blast because of Lighty. I must say I did some changes in order to fit my playstyle or what I like a bit more, but in essence I'm another Lighty's Cycloner. Awesome build, awesome attention to the people who post, and awesome guy.

Sharing my gear, still a lot of room for improvements, but my goal is to get a 6L asap (hopefully in disfavour). Btw, using Coil because I feel far more tanky with lightning capped, but kaoms works like a charm :)

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Eidanx on Jul 19, 2015, 6:33:46 PM
How's the HC viability of this? The 160% life seems a bit low, but defensive stats are nice.

Anyone done HC Atziri especially on this?
"
Eza0o07 wrote:
Decoy totem isnt working with CwDT. I checked the levels of each gem. Whats up with that? Works on temp chains fine

EDIT: Never mind, using Vengeance, Endurance charge on melee stun, curse on hit + temporal chains instead.

Decoy doesn't work with cwdt after 2.0, ma bad. Your vengeance curse on hit setup looks fine though.
LightyGaming.com
"
Atsuta wrote:
I've only really played crit builds, so it took a lot of wandering/lurking to get a grasp on the needs and wants of a non-crit build. Eventually I found myself constantly coming back to your guide for your personal insight or just to gauge and see how close/far my thought process fell in line with yours. All in all I feel that I have a decent understanding of it all, at least in comparison to what I started out with.

So yeah, great work! You've got some great info here, and the upcoming updates seem to include a lot of things I felt needed to be touched up on a bit. I'm pretty excited to read up on it all!

Gratitude aside, I have a question about Maces vs Axes. I'm not too sure which route to go as I have two weapons that have very similar pdps (440ish). The major differences are that the Axe has a prefix open and a chunk of Fire Res while the Mace is bloated with a high Strength roll and has extra stun utility.

Weapons in Question
Spoiler

I might be stating the obvious, but the Axe has a prefix open while the Mace has no room for an extra mod. Axes have +1 melee range in comparison, but Maces gain an extra 4% area of effect radius from the Bone Breaker node so (I don't think) it comes too far behind Axes in that respect.

My trees are pretty much the same as yours, except I opted to not go for Champion of the Cause and Sovereignty so I pathed a bit differently into the Templar area. The Aura nodes feel like something I'd respec into once I reach more endgame gear.

Axe vs Mace Passive Tree Differences

Weapons in question aside, Maces feel superior as far as passive tree goes. Axes having a chance to gain Onslaught on kill is pretty significant, but that can always be augmented by a Death Rush if desired (albeit dedicating a ring slot).

So yeah, I'm at a bit of a crossroads on which weapon to use and on which weapon to sell to fuel the rest of the build. Kind of feel like a deer in headlights as the only experience I have with Cyclone is a Crit Ele Prolif based one. I would greatly appreciate your insight on what route I should choose, because right now I feel like any decision I'd make would be a "wrong" one.

maces have the better tree and better rare bases overall, axes are better in new league because you can do rare > kaoms > disfavor with nice progression. Sadly marohi isn't amazing for cyclone but still better than most rares you'll find so its a nice stepping stone if you decide to go maces.
LightyGaming.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info